Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Creating a Vendor.

- - - - - creating vendor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kelder

Kelder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
How do i create a vendor to sell my things? I am still far away from having a house, so i bought that Vendor Rental Cotract from an inn. But what next? I tried to read all those help topics, but they aren't help too much. When shell i look for the public house owners? Are there some forums for those things? Can anybody explain all the stages of creating a vendor?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You will need to own a house or plot inorder to use the deed. Maybe you can rent a vender from someone or have a friend allow you to set up a merchant on one of their properties.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Aye there are two types of vendor contracts:

1. A Vendor Rental contract which is used by the homeowner to let others place a vendor at their house.
(pink/red in color)

2. Contract of Employment is used by the homeowner to place their own vendor inside of their home.
(beige in color)

Since you do not have a home yet, look around for someone who would be willing to let you set up a vendor in their home using the Vendor Rental contract (pink/red). They (homeowner) can choose whether or not to charge you for placing your vendor at their location (daily, weekly, monthly). Usually they do charge when the location is in a high traffic area such as Luna but most charge 0 = Free :). You both have to agree to the charges, if you do not want to then you don't have to accept the contract.

If you do find someone you trust to place your vendor at their location there are a couple of important things to do. You both have to agree to have your contract renewed on either a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. If not then your vendor contract will run out at the end of the alloted time and will (poof) automatically be sent into the homeowners sign where you will have a certain amount of time to reclaim your inventory. You both have to agree to this in the contract before the vendor is created.

Once you both agree on the terms of charges, automatic renewal contract or not, and your vendor magically appears in its place (created) - be sure to click once on your vendor, then go to contract information and be sure to renew status of contract as well. Otherwise it seems to ignore the renters request to renew. (it is always good to double check renewal status - experience has taught me that lesson all to well.)

Good Luck ... Mum runs more than 200 vendors on Sonoma so if you need more info just send me a pm and I will be happy to help you if I can.

Posted ImagePosted Image

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
This is from the UO playguide about vendors, pretty decent explanation. Be sure you set contract options and have enough gold to cover expenses. What shard are you on?

http://guide.uo.com/...llaneous_5.html

Kelder

Kelder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I am in the Europa shard. The main problem is - where to find those people? I don't know anybody, it suppozed i just stand near Britannia bank and scream?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Join a guild or participate in player run events and meet ppl . There is always a merchant in guild, just cant stop them. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creating, vendor