Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Big phat loot

- - - - - big loot phat

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
So for a returning player steadily gearing up, where is a good champion spawn to start at? I would love to take a shot at that much loot in one sitting.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The easiest champ to make gold in, but not the easiest to solo, is the Ilshenar Oaks spawn (North of Spirituality).

Make sure you loot everything. After the last publish, which reactivated the bags of sending and added more gold to the champs, I went with my archer and a swordsman as a partner and we BOTH made over 250k gold in addition to arrows and hides from everything we killed. But you do have to be a pretty effective looter in order to kill spawn fast enough.

But even at lower levels, wisps have 400-500 gold each and drop in two hits, centaur have about the same in addition to spined hides and 70-90 arrows each, and Serpentine dragons have horned hides and about 1000 gold each.

Now the math part:
128*450 (average wisps killed per spawn * average gold on a wisp) + 64 * 450 (centaurs) + 32 * 1000 (serpentine dragons) = 118,000 gold per spawn.

Then you can kill thrashers or Miasma to get your fame and karma back between spawns.

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Pardon me if this redundant...
Before you do a champ of any hunting for that matter, get yourself a BoS (Bag of Sending) to maximize your gold haul:
http://www.uoguide.com/Bag_of_sending

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

So for a returning player steadily gearing up, where is a good champion spawn to start at? I would love to take a shot at that much loot in one sitting.

Personally, I don't think champ spawns are the way to go if you're trying to maximize your gold per hour, but if you want to do them, I'd recommend either the Fire Dungeon one in Felucca or the Humility spawn. Doing a spawn in Fel has the bonus of dropping higher-value trans scrolls...the easiest fel champ spawn is in Despise, but for that reason, it's also the most camped, and you are very unlikely to actually make it out of there with any loot you get. Fire is not too tough (to my mind, although it gets a lot harder later in the spawn, and the champ is no slouch), and much less frequented. Humility is good because it's close to both a moongate and a rez point, and you can almost always count on someone else being there to help with the spawn and champ. YMMV, but those are the two I do. I think if you actually want to make good money doing champ spawns that the best strategy is to only do Fel spawns, and only do the first two levels of any spawn and just fish for trans scrolls. Those are worth a lot more than any gold drops.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Then you can kill thrashers or Miasma to get your fame and karma back between spawns.

:o but then you don't die after awhile, and you go to Evil Mages and build up Sacrifice virtue ;) :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big, loot, phat