Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Big phat loot

- - - - - big loot phat

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Is there any place I can see a ranking of which monsters give the most amount of gold?

I need to gather lots of gold very quickly, do you have any suggestions? Ah please do not suggest Champions :)

Thanks.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
People usually suggest troglodytes at this point. My only problem with them is, that I kill them faster than I can loot them. But if you're a fast looter you can reportedly make 100k per hour of them.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I like to farm Titan's and Cyclopean Warriors they give 800+ and 400+ gold respectfully and have a decent spawn rate. Or you can farm Arctic Ogre Lords they give 800+ and some pretty good loot to boot.

(I'm a poet and didn't know it=))

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
The Stratics Complete Hunter's Guide will answer all your questions!
http://uo.stratics.c...ers/index.shtml

At the top-left corner of that page, click Advanced Search.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and select Sort By: Gold.
The bottom of the resulting list contains the top gold-yielding critters.
Pick your choose!

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

The Stratics Complete Hunter's Guide will answer all your questions!
http://uo.stratics.c...ers/index.shtml

At the top-left corner of that page, click Advanced Search.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and select Sort By: Gold.
The bottom of the resulting list contains the top gold-yielding critters.
Pick your choose!

That's pretty dope ... but it doesn't seem to work for me, all it does it list everything alphabetically ... oh ... the bottom, eh. Hm.

Well, in that case, just wait for Champ Spawn gold :). I make like 100k or so when I do a spawn.

I think Dark Wisps might be best gold but it depends on paragons and if you can carry chests. I also like ninjas.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Of course the Champs and high end monster give the most gold. But I think we are talking gold-over-time here. And apart from trog I do like Poison Ellies for that. The go down fast and easy and have a decent amount of gold.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
If there were a consistent spawn point, I'd say blood elementals...with the right slayer & template, you can 2-hit them, and they drop 600 or so gold each. I farmed them for gold a bit when I was getting re-established, but where I was hunting them (bottom of Shame (?) I believe), there's a fairly large spawn area for just 3 bloods, so I spent more time locating the next one than I did killing them.

Miasma's another good choice if you can kill him. My sampire can down him in about 20-30 seconds average for around 2500 gold (and a shot at an artifact) each time, and the spawn point is fixed, so no running around necessary. Miasma's easy as pie with the right template and suit, but can be a real struggle without it.

A lower-end suggestion might be daemons. On the top of Fire Temple they spawn 2 at a time, and they drop around 600 gold each. Daemons are pretty easy IMO, so if you can AOE reasonably well, there's no reason why you couldn't take 2 at a time -- if you can't though, lure one off into the woods and work the other one. If you do this in fel and are in one of the appropriate factions, you will also receive 30 silver per daemon kill -- and that's worth more than the gold is. I never farm silver there (I like the quiet of the hedge maze), but I understand that this spot is frequently camped...so there's a fairly high risk of getting ganked. But the top of Fire Temple in Fel, killing 2 daemons at a time as a faction member, might be the highest gold-per-hour hunting spot in the game once you take into account the value of silver as well.

Naxatilor

Naxatilor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I usually go for the troglodytes when I need some gold.

But a little hint: The painted caves in trammel seems to be in use by other players most of the time, but the fel caves are deserted. I've only ever seen one other player hunting there these last three years, and I've been pk'd there just once in the same three years. It may be my imagination, but it seems like I get more gold and loot in the fel caves too.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

If there were a consistent spawn point, I'd say blood elementals...with the right slayer & template, you can 2-hit them, and they drop 600 or so gold each. I farmed them for gold a bit when I was getting re-established, but where I was hunting them (bottom of Shame (?) I believe), there's a fairly large spawn area for just 3 bloods, so I spent more time locating the next one than I did killing them.

But there is a consistent spawn point! In the blood Dungeon in Ilshenar, a few screens south east of the spirituality gate. You'll have to deal with the occasional paragon, you should be able to kill those too.

And Naxa - afaik the gold drops a slighty increased in Fel. Not 100% sure though...

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I usually take my g.drag to tokuno and kill the rune beets there. They drop average of 1k and also a good way to get your fame/karma up. Spawn is quite steady, but sometimes u can have 3 on you at once.....keeps you on your toes anyway! and all the other crap that spawns around them I just drop with my magic and let my drag have fun with the beets

Kitsune

Kitsune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
I like to kill Tsuki Wolves in Tokuno. Fairly easy to drop with a couple EV's and they yield about 1100 gold, plus 20 leather hides, and peculiar seeds. There is a steady spawn of them near a camp on the southwest side of the big volcano.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Take a peacer/ provo'er to despise. OL's. I think they spawn 3 at a time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

Shannara

Shannara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
swoops by far if your a tamer...2000+ gold, minor arties (totem of void is always nice) and also set armor pieces...i take my puppy out there and im also a bush/chiv/archer on my tamer so they drop very very fast. Plus the 72 feathers per kill helps keep my ammo up.

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I agree with Swoops using my Disco Tamer. They spawn faster than I can typically loot the last one. BoS makes padding the bank role once again feasible.

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
One word: Commerce. Just stand around selling whatever you got on you at Luna bank & someone's bound to buy from you. I can't tell you how many times I see people trying to pawn off some "leet PVP weapon in my hand!"

Make a crafter. Don't just work it for the sake of GMing. I made that mistake with my crafters. Be sure to inscribe because circle 4 is recall & invariably people are going to want recall scrolls. The good thing about a tailor is that you don't have to be GM to make your own arcane wear with your name on it. Only difference is GM tailors give more charges for arcane clothes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Arctic Ogre Lords in Ice.

They spawn as fast as you loot, and are massively weak against fire. Get a Repond/Ogre slayer spellbook and hit them with flamestrike three times. Or just bring a paladin and consecrate, and beat them in the face.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Arctic Ogre Lords in Ice.

They spawn as fast as you loot, and are massively weak against fire. Get a Repond/Ogre slayer spellbook and hit them with flamestrike three times. Or just bring a paladin and consecrate, and beat them in the face.

I like to do this alot just use a ogre/repond slayer and wak away and they give about 800g and some decent drops.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I have a soul seeker, and it rips them in half. They do hit pretty hard (have 70 frost resist, and some healing)

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

I have a soul seeker, and it rips them in half. They do hit pretty hard (have 70 frost resist, and some healing)

Yeah just can't forget to consecrate or you will hit like a mongbat. I forgot to once and was only hitting for 30-35 (normal is 100-115)

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
I just solo'd a champ spawn and made 304,897 gold, 5 pink scrolls I'll sell for even more gold, an invul shield from one of the paragons, and I haven't even checked the loot off the boss yet. So whomever thinks making gold from a champ spawn is a bad idea, AHHHHHH HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA have fun killing trogs!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111¡¡ :):(;):P:D:o:X:kiss:=)>:(:'(:reye

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big, loot, phat