Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Plz fix champ spawns devs

- - - - - champ devs fix plz spawns

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Demonous started a thread to draw this matetr to the devs attention

trying to do an imp spawn at ice dungeon champ spawn and its a 2 candle start however there were like 5 imps and 1 mongbat, nothing else came out...~~~

~~~~~

SWEENEY

Maybe they're fixing the champ gold drop first.

~~~~~

shanshu asked

What's wrong with the gold drop?

~~~~

SWEENEY

Draconi said the loot drops will be changing. Combined with BoS' maybe they don't wont one person to be able to scoop it all up when things will change soon.

Just an idea, but I might be giving them too much credit for doing things so quickly.

~~~~~

Kensai Tsunami also commented on this topic.

yup. i have seen this happen 5 times now. it seems to have something to do with using valor on the altar. i guess. its screwin up the champ spawns bigtime. i just pray it isnt 2 months b4 they fix this. a bug like this will do alot of damage to the player base if it isnt fixed quickly. i know several ppl who have returned to uo for the champ spawn fun and one of em is already threatening to quit again over it. i would personally put this one at the very top of the list to fix ...and i DONT mean waiting for another publish or 2. its amazing that such a major bug could slip into production shards after such a long stint on the test shard.

PLEASE FIX IT POST HASTE?!?!?!?!

~~~~~

Testing? Posted Image

Customer Service?Posted Image

~~~~

[sorry I couldnt resist posting this ]

Exgirlfriend

It wont be fixed untill the majority of players either buy the 11th aniv. items or you pre-order SA LOL....Every other game i have played would have hot fixed a issue like this within 24 hours.

~~~~~~

Posted by Marcus Blackwell

Please fix this sometime this week dont wait til another publish to have this fixed.

~~~~

We're testing the global fix right now; it was a combination of two problems: not being able to invoke valor, and the champ spawns randomly cutting off midway through. The latter problem caused the first one, by creating multiple Idols (right on top of each other), and the one being invoked on was invalid. The cut-off problem was caused by a validation check for the boss monster that held over to the next spawn.

These issues will be resolved soon.

Thank you all for your patience, as a small token of our appreciation we're going to take a look at the gold drops for Champ Spawns and Harrowers.

Right now, the system drops so many piles of gold that it tends to cause massive lag. Also, the individual gold piles have no protection against speed-looting (see that? new speed-problem!). These piles also drop on top of each other, and hide beneath existing piles.

A proposed solution is to:

* Spread out the piles just a bit more
* Lessen the number of individual piles
* Increase the quantity of gold per pile
* Add IDOC loot rules to each gold pile (can't be speed-looted)
* Make the gold piles visually stack on top of each other, so you can access each pile

You won't necessarily notice a difference between the number of piles, to be honest (so much used to be hidden under other piles). The amount of gold for Harrowers will be the same, and the amount for individual Champ Spawns will be slightly higher (allowing us to have less piles but still look and feel the same). Keep in mind that this publish has dropped the weight of gold and silver, so you can carry more.

Thoughts?
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by Deb
"Add IDOC loot rules to each gold pile (can't be speed-looted) "

This should apply to all drops of that sort if possible. Might solve
some of the event problems. I.E. the crystal shard drops of the
past event. If this will stop the script looters by all means do this
one.

~~~~

Yes, actually, I was wondering if it would make a noticeable difference during the last event. The broken crystals had the same anti-speed-looting script on them, and Young/Trial players were automatically removed from the event area when they tried to enter.

I've at least noticed more "regular" players talking about looting crystals.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Exgirlfriend

Just auto-drop it in the bank boxes of one of the two massive guilds on each shard...it's not like ANYONE besides them will see it anyway.

Better yet, YOU keep it, and use it to hire a gm to ban the hacks that show up.

You do understand the word monopoly?

~~~~~

Posted by guum

Is there an ETA on the fix, Draconi?

~~~~

People hate the word "soon".

I can tell you its a matter of days (few), and not weeks or months at least.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Viquire

Thanks to Draconi for being stalwart enough to jump in here in flame retardant suit, explain how the problem came about, explain the solution, and give a best possible at the moment guess on time frame for implementation.

We don't have any English teachers in here do we?

Lord, I hope not.

~~~~

OUCH !!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: champ, devs, fix, plz, spawns