Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Recent poll :[May contain Spoilers ]

- - - - - poll recent spoilers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?
Posted by Lynk

Draconi,

Please extend PvP to trammel during this event so that I may kill the horde of trammelites that dare oppose Lady Minax.

~~~~

this one is pure Felucca.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by Deb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned back during the
Moonglow event? When we went in the hole and chose sides. I seem
to recall that we would choose between Shadowlords or ??. The
event when we got the glass daggers. Or is that something totally
different and I am just senile

~~~~

You not only remember correctly, but this event will use a darker version of the glass daggers Andrew previously endowed the faithful with.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by Tina Small

Draconi, is there any chance SL will come out of this with a different layout for their stronghold?

Well, sort of. They'll get an extra room inaccessible to anyone but SL (can't bring sigils into it), and quite possibly some very nice amenities depending on how their shard completes the event arc.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by Viper09

Hmm, so this sounds like the event is simply a meeting with Andrew or someone else?
Oh, no. It's not just a meeting.

~~~~

There will be a meeting, of course. We here at EA are fond of meetings. In fact, we have meetings all the time. These meetings are often held to schedule more meetings, and decide on attendance and action items. As you can imagine, meetings are very important in a game's development life cycle. Then again, many of us despise meetings, and do anything we can to escape their lurid call.

*ahem*

I'm sure that this will be a meeting with one very appropriate "action item" to complete that evening.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by Viper09

Ahh, so then the big question is thus:
Will those who are not in the SL faction get a chance to get a similar meeting with an "action item" at the next event?

~~~~

Yep, in fact, the "good" side may actually show off even better organizing skills!
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by sablestorm

I posted this elsewhere, but will event participants be subject to being attacked by the other factions? Would it be considered griefing to do so, or would you consider this just normal Felucca and factions play and storywise, why wouldn't the good guys try and halt whatever nefarious schemes the Shadowlords are concocting?

~~~~

Of course, could the tables be turned and those glass daggers prove extremely powerful against anyone trying to intervene?
Oh, no, since this will be occurring in Felucca, interference from other factions wouldn't be considered griefing.

The daggers? Heh.

EA Mythic

~~~~~

GalenKnighthawke

Draconi, a couple of things I feel honor-bound to suggest to you......

1. Traditionally, blues killing reds in Felucca hasn't been considered griefing, though I do know of a few GMs who have thought otherwise, sadly. Were I you, I would clarify that on-Factioners showing up to snipe Faction reds (particularly SL reds) at this event is, also, not griefing. When I used to PvP regularly I got some good kills at the fringes of Faction battles.

2. Anyone who leaves another Faction to join SL just for this event should be penalized in some way, beyond the loss of their easily-regained Faction Artifacts. In fact, were I you, I would set up some kind of tracking system right about now. The code for whatever item this is could favor those who have been in SL for a longer time, for example. Or the items could require that someone be in the backpack, house, or bank box of an account with an SL character on it. Or the items could be like the Faction Artifacts, character- and Faction-bound. (The Faction Artifacts are Faction-bound, right? So you can't leave one Faction, join another, regain your points, and re-equip your Faction Artifacts, right?)

Either way, you get the idea....It should be reasonably clear that people shouldn't be able to temporarily betray their current Factions, do the event, then turn around and go right back. There should be some degree of permanency to joining Evil, some degree to which that choice should be, if not irrevocable, then at least there should be consequences for leaving. That way not everyone will join for the event, and then resume their normal lives as though nothing had happened and it was just another rares collection event.

-Galen's player

~~~~

Snakeman

Remember people... Faction Death = "Stat Loss"..... All the Non Faction joiners BEST read up on or there's going to be more complaining. Or is there going to be No Stat Loss upon death for this event ???

~~~~~~~~

Ailish

Meh, stat-loss whining is for sissies! REAL ladies get out their explode pots, or fireball/lightning & lesser heals and get right back to work!

~~~~~~~

Posted by AirmidCecht

Snag a pic as you do it and send it to me Ailish *evil grin*

~~~~

My appologies that you cannot actually see me casting in this pic (hard to push 2 buttons at one time!) but here you see me in stat, and I am one of the fielders - with a +15 book you fizzle at para-field about every 5th time

Posted Image

~~~~

Posted by Sorcha of Sonoma View Post
As in lose an entire faction? Intriguing thought .....

What was more interesting to me was the author of the piece - "Kilandra" Cotten.

Maybe I am blind and never saw it before, but do we have Husband and Wife working on UO?
Ah! Yes you do.

Kilandra handles our international affairs, and also provides fiction (especially concerning dragons). She worked here at Mythic before the UO team relocated from California
EA Mythic

~~~~~
Posted by kelmo View Post
Please, for the love of UO don't make them tamable! *winks*
Not a chance. These are the Ultima dragons - stronger, smarter, and more powerful than mortals could ever hope to be. They are not the same as the pale shadows that were once Mondain's thralls, left to scrounge for scraps in Covetous and beneath the Serpent's Spine.

Their very presence instills fear in the weak. No, they can never be tamed.
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by Lady Mana View Post
Will the Shadowlords' presence ever truly end, though? :P

But yes. This fiction mentions the 'void' -- is this the same void that Lord British and Nystul may have ventured in to? Is it possible that things *other* than the dragons could pop out? Regardless, I'm glad the dragons are permanent. They're so... powerful looking. I want to tame one! Let me tame one. ^^
Yes, it is the same void.

The ethereal void in Ultima is like outer space to us. A key difference is that the void is not just stars and galaxies, but a true ether of magic and power pervading creation, a dreamlike substance full of good and ill, with parts chaotic and parts quite orderly.

I'm sure more about the dragons and their relationship to the void will be revealed as the story progresses.

And no, no taming for you, Lady Mana!
EA Mythic

~~~~~

Posted by kelmo

Damn, you have a twisted evil streak...

~~~~

Comes with the territory

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Just a little info for Galen:
One can equip a faction item aquired while being in a different faction. So there is no tracking or at least no consequences of changing a faction. Would be tad to harsh too, imo.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Just a little info for Galen:
One can equip a faction item aquired while being in a different faction. So there is no tracking or at least no consequences of changing a faction. Would be tad to harsh too, imo.

Many thanks for the clarification.

-Galen's player

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, recent, spoilers