Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What last skill would you suggest for this template (Tamer/Bard)?

- - - - - skill suggest tamer or bard template

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ultima77

Ultima77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Currently, I'm at...
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet
120 Music
120 Disco
110 Magery

I actually have 120 Skill points left over (50 from jewelry, 10 from Scrappers, 10 from Talisman)

What skill should take up that last 120 spot?
Peacemaking seems like a logical and easy choice...is it useful for higher-end hunting?
I have a little under 100 Provocation stoned, but it seems like it would be too difficult to raise to 120.
Spellweaving is intriguing, but probably not feasible without meditation.

Any other thoughts?

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
I have 120 spellweaving...No med...Mainly I use spellweaving for WOD on peerless and spawn. Nothing better. If you put enough time or money into a good mana regen mana increase and lower mana cost suit, there will be no problems with no med. GO WITH THE SPELLWEAVING!

Ultima77

Ultima77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Chargar, my suit has +11 MR and 40% LRC. Think that is enough?

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
No...Need 100%LRC...

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
I'm in a similar spot on my disco tamer, but my candidates are peace and meditation. I messed with weaving a bit and was under the impression that it would be too mana intensive to be useful without meditation...could be wrong though. I think I've (almost) decided on 100 peace and like 40 meditation -- should be doable with jewelry, although it puts me about 60 points over, which I don't like much. I messed around with different med values, and with 30 meditation and 8 MR, I could throw about 50 GHeals, chain-casting, from max mana...I figure with 40 med and about 10 MR (doable) I should be able to GHeal more or less indefinitely.

ianjames

ianjames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think this depends on what you are using your tamer for. Are you using it to farm animals for taming or are you using your tamed pets for PVM?

If it's PVM, I think you're better off with spellweaving and 40 med. I would drop vet down to about 80 and use a ring for a boost when you need to res. You don't need 120 spellweaving. Or you can take provo which I think is an excellent alternative.

Peace, while easy to train is a total waste. it might get you away from a monster when you're in trouble but it's not great. You're better off working up your honor and use that while taming bigger monsters.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Peace, while easy to train is a total waste. it might get you away from a monster when you're in trouble but it's not great. You're better off working up your honor and use that while taming bigger monsters.

I hear people say this a lot, and for that reason, I put off working up peace on any of my characters for a long time. A couple of weeks ago, on a lark, I started working up peace, got it to around 80, and put it on my tamer. It saved my skin several times in the humility champ spawn when I got targetted, either through lag or a sudden re-spawn. In fact, I found it to be more helpful at getting out of tight spots than stealth + hiding + ninja, which I was working on for the same character, so I stoned those and have kept it on my tamer since.

How exactly is it a total waste? Not to thread hijack or anything, but given my experience, I'd like to hear the explanation for why it is a such a worthless skill when it certainly seems to be pretty darn useful...

edit: I do agree, however, that honor is a much better way to tame greaters. ;) Can't beat it for that.

Thaur Macil

Thaur Macil

Norway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Get fishing.

Vordrius (V^S) ‎(17:52):
THAT'S why all my chars have been ********!!! It's because I knew deep down I hated RPers!!!

Ultima77

Ultima77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

No...Need 100%LRC...

Yeah, I have 100% LRC.

Basically my suit is has low Physical Resist (like 30-35) but 60+ in every other resist, 2/6, 11 MR, 40% LMC, 100% LRC.

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
suit is awesome ultima...TAKE UP SPELLWEAVING! but only if you do peerless and champs. if not..spellweaving isnt good for much regular fighiting

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I agree that Peace can be a terrific a$$-saver, spawn controller. Just depends on the situation.

My problem with SW is the amount of mana it uses and the difficulty in getting a decent Focus.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skill, suggest, tamer or bard, template