Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Any good aligned baja roleplaying guilds about?

- - - - - aligned baja good guilds roleplaying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I'm not a baja players myself, but I visited for the event today. Are there any good aligned RP guilds about?

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Greetings, Sablestorm! *Bows*

Yes, there are actually several "good aligned" and rather active roleplaying guilds on the Baja Shard, many of whom have joined or are associated with the Baja Roleplayers Alliance. I emphasize good aligned, because even the good ones are not completely pure (nor are the supposedly evil ones completely malovent). We are not remotely as strong or as populated as our fellow shards, but we are coming back with a vengance.

The Kingdom of Dawn
The Kingdom of Dawn is one of Baja's first, and by far its oldest surviving, active player-run town. It was established on the northern coasts of the Old World (Felucca); an idyllic of chivalrous knights and sheep herders constructed at the base of the Wrong Mountains (called a variety of much more pleasant names by the locals). It just recently celebrated its 11th Year Anniversary, which was a vastly successful week long event. Although vastly smaller in terms of population and number, the Kingdom is actually much larger (geographically) than it was in ages past.

The citizenry of Dawn are generally a noble and generous lot - mostly honorable knights and their squires, shepherds, fishermen, and carpenters - but as with any large population, there are some individuals who are not quite so benevolent. Dawn, having separated itself from the Kingdom of Britannia many years ago, has prided itself on being politically neutral and welcoming to all peoples and ideas. Of course, this has allowed for the entry of some less than noble individuals, such as Dark Elves and Orcs.

Although still considered a Kingdom, the population is ruled by the Grand Duchess WildStar; who acts as the regent in place of the missing King and Queen (who were lost at sea many years ago). She is a strong, and benevolent ruler; known as "the Lady of Dawn" by her friends, and "the Witch of the North" by her enemies.

The Malleus Maleficarum
The Malleus Maleficarum is another one of those good alighned guilds posessing a darker, more sinister undercurrent. It is a fanatical order of inquisitors and paladins who wish to spread the tenants of the Holy Light (and their strange foreign beliefs) to the Briannians.

The Malleus Maleficarum hails from Luna, one of the much more zealous sects belonging to the Keepers of Chivalry. When the Britannians emerged from the moongates, they brought with them their foreign religion (the Virtues) and turned the city from a Holy Acropolis to a den of iniquity. The Malleus, unsatisfied that their superiors were doing nothing about this, relocated the bulk of their operation to the deserts not far from Umbra, where they regularly launch attacks on caravans going from and coming to the City of Necromancers. They've also sent a branch of their order to Britannia, to begin spreading "the Truth" to the wayward Britannians.

They also hate spellcasters with a passion; with the sole exception of sanctioned Holy Mages. The Order is convinced that magic-use will inevitably lead the user to darkness and heresy, so they hunt down mages and necromancers with a vengance. They also don't care for non-humans, especially elves, who they fell lead the people down a path of weakness and decadance.

The Citizens of Old Trinsic
I made this guild recently, to represent the Citizens of Old Trinsic. We actually have a building right outside of Trinsic in Felucca. Although this isn't considered an active guild, its available for people who want to roleplay members of this city.

The Lumarians
The Lumarians are one of Baja's original roleplaying guilds. They are a community of blue-haired Sea Elves (called the Lumiate), who established the first player run city on Baja. Although the town has long since disappeared, the daughter of their founder has recently returned to the lands and has expressed her desire to rebuild and renew her fathers Kingdom.

The City of Avalon
The sister-city to the Kingdom of Dawn. The two cities have had a long history of interaction, as they have existed within screens of each other (Avalon occupying the western half of the peninsula, and Dawn occupying the eastern half). Avalon has fallen on harder times, but both the Kingdom of Dawn (having expanded its borders to touch Avalons) and the event moderators are all trying to bring some life back to what was once the center of Baja's Community.

In addition, there are a couple neutral roleplaying guilds (the Keepers of the Tower) and an evil one (the Dark Tower). Almost all of the above are allied, and some of them I would definately like to ally with (although their guild leaders have gone inactive).

Nevertheless, last evenings event would be a bad display of our shards character. There was universal disgust at some of the profane and obscene language used by some of the individuals present, prompting some of the roleplayers to actually leave early in frustration. You should visit one of our player-run events to get a real sense for what our community is like. *Smiles*

Sable, you wouldn't happen to be Balka, would you?

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Hi WarderDragon and thank you for the thorough reply,

I am not Balka. I was playing Mindra, an inexperienced healer and mage, who joined the expedition to help treat any casualties that would occur. I will mull over your list and I hope to be in touch soon. Thank you again.

Oh one other thing, with your own guild, the Citizens of Old Trinsic, are there any persons of renown that a youthful healer might have heard tales about?

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
I thought I would ask. *Smiles* I met a fellow named Balka the evening before last, who told me that he was also from Pacific. We actually got to talking about Luna Rossa for a couple moments, before he had to depart.

Your healer might've heard of the Lady Malabelle, Baroness of the City of Old Trinsic. She is the heiress to the De Lawrence Family, a noble line of knights and paladins who earned their fame and title during the First War of Darkness. In recent generations though, the family has abandoned their tradition of knighthood and chivalry to embrace the coin. The family now operates a trading conglomerate known as the Sierra Cascade Trading Company, and has been accused of some shrewd dealings.

On the other hand, there is also the Lady Laurana Kanan of Old Trinsic. She is known as the Golden Knight; having risen through the ranks of the knighthood to become the Old City's protector. She is a fierce, axe-wielding Defender of the Virtues that stirs fear in the nearby Minax Cult, who dare not threaten the citizens of her city.

Technically, TRIN is not so much my guild; as I am holding onto the account and the home until Lady Malabelle returns. You are more than welcome to join though. It is, as I mentioned, open to all roleplayers who identify as citizens of the City of Old Trinsic.

Actually, I forgot to mention (ironically) that my guild is actually known as "The Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance [BRPA]." The BRPA is the alliance leader of the Baja Roleplayers Alliance. The guild doesn't actually exist in the storyline, and is instead the jumping off point for roleplayers who would like to be part of the alliance, but don't want to be part of any particular guild at the moment.

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I just wanted to give you an idea where I'm coming from and where I'm going with this. This might entail getting a bit long winded here, so I apologize in advance.

My friends and I have been playing Ultima games since our youth and we even ran a long running Dungeons and Dragons game based on the Ultima setting. This game carried on despite the fact I moved twice. All that wound up doing was introducing more players to this project. All the while, new Ultima titles were being released, so the setting grew even as our stories were written. This pen and paper game was where the idea for my guild, the Twilight Fellowship was born.

When Ultima Online was released, it became our latest and greatest source of new material for our stories. What's more, since my friends and I were now spread all across the country it became a means we could keep roleplaying with each other. When guilds became available, we formed the Twilight Fellowship in-game.

Because of all these different sources having influence on our writing, we began a project to combine and interpret all the different Ultima sources into one cohesive storyline. Let me reiterate that this is just our interpretation, but I'll get to that in more detail in a bit. We've even drawn from different stories on the different shards to include as setting events in our writing. We've done a bit of cross sharding visitation and so include establishments like the Trinsic Rose of Europa as being a well known Trinsic establishment in our writing.

At any rate, I mention all this because I hope to do the same with Mindra. She will be a member of the Twilight Fellowship in our fiction. What I am hoping to do is have a roleplaying meeting with Lady Laurana Kanan. It won't be all that involved, but there is a method to my madness which I hope will be made clear at the meeting. Laurana Kanan wouldn't happen to be one of your characters, would it? Is there a way to have one of your characters present for the meeting? Mindra would seek Laurana out because of her virtuous reputation.

I also hope all participants wouldn't mind if we include this interaction in our guild fiction. Our writing would be our interpretation of the events, but we invite all participants to enjoy their own interpretation. For instance, in our stories we've done away with the whole shard construct. In our fiction, all the lands are part of a geographical region and they could be reached by seagoing vessels. I know others follow the UO shard theories and so they could represent my character as being a visitor from another shard if they desire.

At any rate, let me know if this would work for you guys and if so, perhaps we could arrange the meeting. Thanks again for your efforts in this.

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
I've got to say, WarderDragon, you're doing a damned fine job of hawking Baja's rp scene, here. It sounds fantastic.

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Lady Laurana is not one of my characters, but I am certain that I can arrange a meeting between Mindra and the Defender of Old Trinsic. Laurana happens to be my sister in real life.

Also, we've had some cross-sharders from other shards as well as Pacific of late. If you would like to create a Twilight Fellowship, and add it to the Roleplayers Alliance on Baja for your visits, I can fund the fee and send you the alliance invite. We did the same for PaxLair of Chesapeake, which now has a guild on Baja allied to the BRPA.

Because of all these different sources having influence on our writing, we began a project to combine and interpret all the different Ultima sources into one cohesive storyline. Let me reiterate that this is just our interpretation, but I'll get to that in more detail in a bit. We've even drawn from different stories on the different shards to include as setting events in our writing. We've done a bit of cross sharding visitation and so include establishments like the Trinsic Rose of Europa as being a well known Trinsic establishment in our writing.

We're actually doing something very similar on Baja. Although our interpretations might be different (we see each shard as a slightly different parallel universe), I would love to compare notes with you sometime.

I also hope all participants wouldn't mind if we include this interaction in our guild fiction. Our writing would be our interpretation of the events, but we invite all participants to enjoy their own interpretation.

I don't see a problem, and I think everyone would be thrilled to participate.

For instance, in our stories we've done away with the whole shard construct. In our fiction, all the lands are part of a geographical region and they could be reached by seagoing vessels. I know others follow the UO shard theories and so they could represent my character as being a visitor from another shard if they desire.

Our view on the metaphysics of the various shards share some similiarities with the Fellowships, but ours is also slightly different. We, for the most part have left it relatively ambiguous, but tend to understand the shards as a slightly separated parallel world that was created during the Great Sundering. Because of this, a doppleganger of each individual exists on each parallel universe in some form. While Nicholas served as a Royal Britannian Guard and has fought the Shadowlords and the Dark Tower throughout the years, on another shard he might've joined the Shadowlords, or retired to become a fisherman?

Yet, each shard also technically occupies the same physical space within the universe. Although they are invisible to each other, Baroness Malabelle on Baja and Duke Irvyn on Europa have walked the same streets. On Baja, Duke Irvyn might actually be a merchant or a pirate; whereas on Europa, Malabelle might be one of Irvyn's handmaidens. Malabelle on both shards actually shares the same soul, and sometimes what happens to one leaks over to another shard (especially in the form of strange dreams, where you might actually visualize what is happening to you on another world).

On our shard, I have been pushing for roleplayers to have alot of their characters completely unaware that these various shards exist. Most go about their daily business with no knowledge of it. A select few wizards know about this, and are able to traverse the shards through portals (which often requires blackrock and the channeling of several magi). A few individuals have actually created magical ships (similar to what you've described), that are able to carry them from one parallel universe to another.

I've got to say, WarderDragon, you're doing a damned fine job of hawking Baja's rp scene, here. It sounds fantastic.

Thank you, Rabid Bogling! *Smiles*

I notice that you are the Administrator of MoongatesWiki. I actually found your communities website about a month ago, and we've been looking through the articles on the Wiki and Europa Stratics as we devise ideas for our own upcoming storylines and events. A year ago, WildStar and I were the last two remaining roleplayers on our shard. Now, we are rebuilding from the ashes and coming up with new characters and storylines to revive our shard. Your shard is a huge inspiration for us.

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I went and created T.F on Baja today. We'd be honored to be a part of your roleplaying alliance.

If you could arrange a meeting that would be great and I'd hope you would participate as well. I'd need directions to the setting the setup is Mindra, a humble healer of no renown approaching a storied hero for assistance. It could be at her favored watering hole or perhaps she's doing charity somewhere or perhaps Mindra catches her while she's running some errands. I leave that up to you.

Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aligned, baja, good, guilds, roleplaying