Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Treasure Hunter Template

hunter template treasure treasure hunter

4 replies to this topic

Burzvsh

Burzvsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
What's an UO forum without template discussions? I love them!

Well, here comes one!

I would love to have a Treasure Hunter. I've been wandering around looking for sweet templates and so far the "standard" Treasure Hunter is something like this:

• Cartography
  • Lockpicking
  • Magery
  • Evaluate Intelligence
  • Meditation
  • Music
  • Peacemaking
Apparently it's important to have peacemaking and invisibility to last the powerful monsters that will pop after a chest is found. So, as far as I understood, the tactic is to either 1) cast invisibility really quick and accurately or 2) use peacemaking (and succeed!).

If you have to cast it quick and in the right moment, you might have to depend on faster casting items. So, why not have Hiding instead? I don't know if it will work, maybe it's impossible to hide before the monsters appear.

I think hiding would be also good because if you go for peacemaking and music you might have to go beyond 100% to be really successful. Thatn means you'll have to make room for the skill points, and other skills will not reach GM.

I would remove then Evaluate Intelligence (since I'm not really going stay there fighting, am I?) and train Hiding instead. I would keep Music and Peacemaking as secondary skills since picking stuff from the chest will reveal me.

What do you guys think? What are your experiences with THunters?

Sulema

Sulema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Oh, love to post newbie comments.

I've been considering Fisihing as part of Treasure Hunter template. Magery related skills are not really required traits, as you won't be able to singlehandedly manage higher treasure even with it.

Solo treasure hunter may have some weapon skill and magery for dealing with low level spawn and mark/recall. Neither does he have to have bardic skills.

Cartography max or as required for 1-2 level maps.
Weapon skill ~60
Magery ~60 or how much is it needed for Mark... Though the point here not exactly in Mark, but in offensive and healing.
Lockpicking some, as required for low level chests and dungeon/wilderness chests.
Fishing max.
Stealing max - loot in Doom needs that as far as I know.
Hiding max - you are not all powerful warrior/mage

Something like that.

But true treasure hunter never goes alone, Indiana Jones was probably from some free "no skill cap" shard. And even he rarely hunted alone.

Cartography max
Lockpicking max
Remove trap max
Fishing max
Stealing max

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

But true treasure hunter never goes alone, Indiana Jones was probably from some free "no skill cap" shard. And even he rarely hunted alone.

Hehe :). Yeah, probably.

Stealing is needed indeed for Doom artifcats. There are also two "dungeons" in the Tokuna continent where you can steal things.
Though, if you go for a stealing character hiding and stealth is quite recommended.

Template:
Cartography 100
Lockpicking 100
Mining 100 (I think you need it to dig up the chest. At least, that was at some point needed. Not sure if it still holds true.)
Magery 100 or higher (Also nice to have some energy vortexes around or earth elements.)
--------------
If you go for "Doom" stealing too
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Stealing +100
This template is no good for "Felucca" stealing though. If you ever wanted to consider this at all.
---------------------------
Mage-T-Hunter
Meditation +100
Eval +100
Inscription 100
----------------------------
Tamer-T-Hunter
Taming +100
Animal Lore +100
Vet +100

Not sure about remove trap. You can also de-fuse a trap by casting telekinse on it, afaik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=malachi=-

-=malachi=-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

What's an UO forum without template discussions? I love them!

Well, here comes one!

I would love to have a Treasure Hunter. I've been wandering around looking for sweet templates and so far the "standard" Treasure Hunter is something like this:

• Cartography
  • Lockpicking
  • Magery
  • Evaluate Intelligence
  • Meditation
  • Music
  • Peacemaking

I think it all depends on what you exactly want to do. Pure, rp'd T-Hunter? Soloing Lvl6? Bit crate stealing for the semirare goodies?

As some of you may have noticed, i have "Kandor" (unguilded, waiting to catch Ribo to get him in) as a finished T-Hunter and I tried several templates with him (I love soulstones!). Mandantory are only 2 things:
  • Cartography
  • Lockpicking
I've added in:
  • Hiding (GM)
  • Stealth (GM)
  • Magery (GM)
  • Med (GM)
  • Eval (GM)
Thats 700 points, on that account Kandor could spend 715 points (age bonus). Those will go in Med/Magery. You could wear a burglars bandana (+10 stealth/snooping/stealing) and skill jewelry to get more points and lower some skills.

With this template I can solo up to Lvl5 without problems . I can do Lvl6 alone, but have to leave the ancient wyrms alone. :)

Reason for the above template: The initial spawn contains 4 nastys. I cast 2 ev's right before digging up the chest, dig up and hide, then stealth away. Works like a charm if timed right. Then just keep casting ev/earth.. until critters dead. Loot and make sure there are always 2 ev's up. Rinse, repeat until chest is empty.

I have fishing stoned and will swap from time to time with carto.

I tried the barding part too, you'll definitely need 120music/Prov here. Have fun traing prov up :/ I didn't care about peace, duration to short, delay to long. Works good to, IF your skills are up to the task. Mine apparently wasn't ;-) I swapped eval and stealth for this btw. and I died countless times more with bard/t-hunter then with my current stealthy template.

Then there was the thief thingy... Didn't work for me, 'cause my dark side :) wants to steal from players in felucca too. And then you just don't have the room for carto or picking.

Anyway, have fun training your guy up! If your at 99,5 carto give me a call, I have some pink scroll ready for you. (Last 0.5 are a pia to get, unless you use satyrs)

Burzvsh

Burzvsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Awesome! Thanks a lot for the help, I'm going to try the stealth one, definitely more fun.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunter, template, treasure, treasure hunter