Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Back to LOTRO

- - - - - back lotro

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Steventhearmy

Steventhearmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey everyone!
I just came back, played a little when it 1st went Live, but i was too wrapped up in EQ2, then I played WOW for the last year or so, and had enough of that. I am looking forward to exploring all of LOTRO, i see they added alot since then. I have been trying out some of the classes. not sure what to go with though. I will probably be mostly solo, unless i can get my buddy over too. I am leaning towards CPT or Burglar, i still haev my lvl 13 Minstral from way back when too.
Anyways, glad I founf this site, I work for the Army and they block almost all games site, but you made it through!!

take care

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
If you want to come to Silverlode US, a bunch of us play there and can help you out.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Likewise if you choose Snowbourn ,not sure which 'army' your in ,but welcome back to LOTR and a warm welcome to UO Forums

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Well met! Welcome to UOForums and enjoy LOTRO!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Steventhearmy

Steventhearmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanxs for the greetings!
I am in the U.S. Army
About classes, which is a little more solo friendly? My main in wow was a hunter, so i want something different.
I just made a Burglar but only went a few levels so not sure yet.
Thanxs again

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

I am in the U.S. Army

Ohhhh...that's a good army.

For your first character I strongly suggest you pick Explorer for crafting. Its self sufficient, so you don't have to go to another player or the AH to buy stuff to level it up. You also get lots of ore and wood to sell. Most classes are decent soloers (tanks and healers arent gimped as much as in other games), but the Hunter and Champion seem to excel at it.

Steventhearmy

Steventhearmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok, made it to lvl18 this weekend, all solo, and had a blast. Rolled on Silverlode and just joined a little guild last nite. This is about as high as I ever reached so its pretty all new and no idea whats in store which is so nice. Unlike WOW where I knew what was around every corner.

DarksieD

DarksieD

The old guy from Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

ok, made it to lvl18 this weekend, all solo, and had a blast. Rolled on Silverlode and just joined a little guild last nite. This is about as high as I ever reached so its pretty all new and no idea whats in store which is so nice. Unlike WOW where I knew what was around every corner.

give us a shout in game we'll help ya out...most of us UO:F people are in Iantown Exiles kinship on Silverlode...you can game mail me
Darksied same as name here..I'll hook you up with weapons ,armor whatever you need
Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Hahah. Take a picture of that empty mailbox, because once Darksied gets your name, he fills it up :P

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Look for Cuwe on Silverlode, be glad to help as I can!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I would be glad to give a hand also. I am usually running around most nights.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Great to hear you have settled back in so easily,and found a guild to join.

Explorer is a nice choice for Crafting.My main is one and I enjoy it a lot.

DarksieD

DarksieD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Hahah. Take a picture of that empty mailbox, because once Darksied gets your name, he fills it up :P

yeah...but if i'm filling it with Crit armor it's a good thing :P
Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
You want an explorer main, because the guy you play the most will be doing most of your gathering.

Set up any alts you're going to want, if for no other reason than to have their bank and bags as storage.

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

yeah...but if i'm filling it with Crit armor it's a good thing :P

Can you crit the level 47 teal stuff? I am currently stockpiling mats and recipes for my Loremaster. I am almost level 44, and I want to gear myself out when I hit 47.

DarksieD

DarksieD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Can you crit the level 47 teal stuff? I am currently stockpiling mats and recipes for my Loremaster. I am almost level 44, and I want to gear myself out when I hit 47.

have a chance at crit on anything except Supreme recipes at the moment...working on that :P...if you can find the tails i need for that level it will greatly improve my crit chance..think i have a 68% chance of crit at that level with the tails..holler at me in game and i'll tell ya what kinda tails i need for that level
Posted Image

Steventhearmy

Steventhearmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanxs again for all the offers, I am still trying to decide on a main lol. My Champ is lvl 19, named Leoven, prob keep him but been trying out a few other classes too.

DarksieD

DarksieD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

have a chance at crit on anything except Supreme recipes at the moment...working on that :P...if you can find the tails i need for that level it will greatly improve my crit chance..think i have a 68% chance of crit at that level with the tails..holler at me in game and i'll tell ya what kinda tails i need for that level

My bad...don't need tails for crit items on master tier armor...need great claws...and if you were wanting the radiant armor for Lyoneth
will need 70 boiled exceptional hides, 7 polished beryls, and 14 bolts of elven cloth..that's for the full set including cloak...the great claws give me a 68% chance of crit..have a 23% chance without them
Posted Image

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Is that for the teal one-shot recipes? I thought those used GM Journals for the crit items? I actually need to do some research. I am not certain what the best armor will be. Regardless, it sounds like you have a chance to crit it if I give you the mats. I will figure out what I need/want and start getting the stuff together.

I am still only level 43 and will probably not hit 47 for at least two weeks so there is no rush. I plan on having all my new gear banked waiting for me to level.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, lotro