Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Who needs 120 healing anyway???

- - - - - 120 healing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
I found out something the other day testing it on TC! You dont EVER need healing over 80. Heres the catch, If you have 80 healing and 120 anatomy it is the same as having 120 healing. Plus, You get the extra bonus on strikes from 120 anatomy so its a double win 40 extra skill points and basicly legendary healing. (Btw, You will notice when you have 80 healing and 120 anatomy, your paperdoll says your a legendary healer!) Try this out! I havnt had a problem yet! =)

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
healer is the Anatomy title, the healing skills you have is irrelevant there.
and I'm pretty sure anatomy only supplements the healing - higher healing gives higher damage healed. Healing calculator on UOS shows 43-70 damage healed at 150 dex, 120 anat, 120 healing, versus 36-56 at 80 healing.

maybe something in the games broken, but there haven't been any healing patches in years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Well, I was down to 20 HP and I used a bandaid and went up to 93 so idk what shard you playin :D

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Maybe you don't see a difference in healing, but you should certainly see a difference in cure rates or ressurection rates.

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
And you can always use Enhanced Bandages for an extra 10.0 to your Healing skill. Even goes above your skill cap.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

And you can always use Enhanced Bandages for an extra 10.0 to your Healing skill. Even goes above your skill cap.

yeah, for PvP 90 healing has been the norm for awhile, from my understanding, or 80 + enhanced.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Well res rates don't really matter too much, as you generally aren't doing it in the middle of a fight, and cure chance is pretty good at 80.

I keep my healing at 80 to make room for getting another skill to 120.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
What about PVM does 80 cover you or should I keep raising it.

gjohnson5

gjohnson5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Personally I stoned healing. In a fight it takes a good while (@ 125 dex 5 seconds). Dropping strength (and thus dropping hit points) to support faster healing doesn't make much sense to me. 1 greater dragon breath + hit and you're dead anyway healing or not. 2 balron or bone demon hits is 100 hitpoints and thats in 1 second not 5 (through a 70's suit)

Even a succubus can hit you for 100+ hp's in that time period

IMHO healing isn't very helpful when fighting high level mobs

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

That really depends on what you're doing in PvM, or more precisely who you're doing it with.

If you work in pairs and cross heal (easier in PvM with bandages than PvP), then you definitely need higher healing skill to boost your cure rates. Even at 95 healing, my archer fails cures occasionally against lethal poisons.

If you work alone, your healing rate is almost painfully slow (4-5 seconds) which means you'll be wanting to cure with potions or chivalry (if you're 3-4 faster casting) so 80 points will work well.

A general guideline is, healing damage: 80 is enough. Healing more: need more. My favorite is my samurai who has 100 healing.

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
90 healing is good as in pvp as long as you carry greater cures on you.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I think I will take mine all the way if I can. Last event I failed to rez too much

gjohnson5

gjohnson5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I think I will take mine all the way if I can. Last event I failed to rez too much

120 healing = automatic rez for my samurai
However using 120 points on healing IMHO is a waste unless you can get your dex to 140 and still have decent strength to fight things. This generally means arti's and 50mil jewelry. The skill does not heal fast enough based on the PvM 5-6 direct damage spells a second or 1000 strength hits by higher monsters + thier spell damage

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 120, healing