My apologies for not posting this earlier, but I came across this story while searching for some other files. As it mentions PaxLair and a few of the prominent folks specifically, I offer it for your archives and for your enjoyment. I believe it was written during the early days of the invasion, as no mention is made of the destruction that later was layed.

Battle Lines Drawn

It has been two days since reinforcements came. The Forces of PaxLair had halted the demon advance in the northern portion of Maginica while the Royal Britanian Guards, Dues Ex Machina, the United Sosarian Navy, and various other orders and guilds managed to limit the momentum of the demons spilling from the gate. The fighting has now stabilized, and the able bodied citizens had been put to work bolstering the defenses protecting the Magincia docks with great success.

"This be a target rich environment!" Gowron yelled as he felled another demon.

"Aye, shipmate!" Captain Greylene yelled as she felled yet another.

Shortly after that another wave of demons barrelled through the gate, and in the chaos of the fighting, they soon became separated. He could see Captain Budshadow fighting valiantly accross the battlefield, but was too heavily engaged to be able to rush through to join him.

"By King Neptunis Rex, there're just too many, and so close to pushing them back." Gowron cursed. He had just managed to push through to the gate, only to find the advance being repelled by the horde. Injured and armor in dire need of repair, he fought a retreat towards the healers in the secured area.

No sooner than the wounds healed and armor repaired, he was ready to head back towards the gate in an effort to reunite with his shipmates when a small contingent of defenders were fending off one of those foul Dark Fathers and the spawn they brought with them from penetrating the southern line blocking the secure area.

"The Navy will have to wait." Gowron sighed and charged into the fray. "FOR LORD BRITISH AND BRITANNIA!"

The consolidated efforts brought the emergent threat to a fall, but with losses. After slaying the remnants of undead followers, it became obvious that the demons were starting to gain momentum in the northern area of the city.

After some hours of fighting it was good to see Lord NANOC and Lady Phoenix holding steady on the eastern coast. Lo and behold, Governor Winfield had entered the fray as well. Gowron, in a complete moment of astonishment yelled. "Governor, this is much too dangerous for fishing! We must get you to a safer area."

"Nonsense, Gowron. It is never too dangerous to fish. Corp Por!" responded the Governor as he too fell a soldier of the demon horde.

"Somehow, Governor, I will never cease to be amazed by what tricks you can come up with. I must inform you, that we still have not seen the Berzerker Demons in the numbers during the probing runs earlier. I believe that they are being held in reserve. We must consider trying to bring them out."

"Very well, Chief." the governor responded. "Once, I retire from this fishing trip, I will see what can be done."