Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A Challenge for all you home makers.

- - - - - challenge home makers

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
bawlz? I wouldnt mind caffeinated walls myself.

*youre right. You can't build those. You can build thick sandstone walls by going to the archway button then one of the sandstone options.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Hmmm...maybe I'll build a sandstone fortress. That might look kinda neat.

Or it might look like luna. :/

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Only if you put a mess of vendors on it and overprice everything.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Yup thats Luna.

Its a big shame that all the available items ingame are not actually in the ingame house builder. I wish they would update it and allow us to build even more interesting houses.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I dont see the problem with the thick walls, the extra space is unusable anyway, and they fit the same footprint as a normal wall tile :)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Its like they decided not to put all the walls and objects in... they must have been buggy, gawd knows.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

Hmmm...maybe I'll build a sandstone fortress. That might look kinda neat.

Or it might look like luna. :/

Sandstone looks good, but I suggest you build it over in the desert near Umbra. If you build sandstone on grass it does kinda end up with a luna look.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I quite like the white marble look, would that work?

MegaMongbat

MegaMongbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Hrm, a marble castle?

Would look nice around Moonglow, but kinda out of place everywhere else.:)

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I say try it all and find what you like. Besides that guy with the borg cube next door doesn't pay for your account so why should his opinion count.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
ugh I hate borg cubes lol.

I also find it funny that in a fantasy world, when we look for an analogy we go, of all places, to Star Trek.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
hey if it looks like a klingon, smells like a klingon, and talks like a klingon then it's an Orc lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I offer you the traditional elven greeting...Live long, and prosper.
  • Ferenhelm likes this

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
hahaha

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
You have never experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Orc.

taH pagh taHbe'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
lol :)

Go Star Trek 6.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
wtfbbq!

MegaMongbat

MegaMongbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I never was a big trekkie, however after seeing the latest Starwars I made the Spock greeting my new personal credo.

Found it quite funny picking nerds out of crowds and randomly giving them the "live long and prosper" greeting to see how they reacted to it.
(usually they either looked away or blatantly ignored me :()

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
the newest movie was a brilliant move - going back to the original crew is the best thing they could have done - even if the explanation is a bit overused. the original movies are known for being more 'realistic' and less about simply making up big words.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

the newest movie was a brilliant move - going back to the original crew is the best thing they could have done - even if the explanation is a bit overused. the original movies are known for being more 'realistic' and less about simply making up big words.

It was really only Voyager that did the making up of big words, and it never had the same kind of appeal that the original Star Trek had. That said, I think the crew of TNG would have done just as well as the original, but with the way the story was written the original crew just plain fits better.

I should say that I'm speaking as a guy too young to really be able to enjoy the original Star Trek series because it just plain looked too cheesy compared to TNG. I felt compelled to do a little homework before watching the new movie and enjoyed it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: challenge, home, makers