Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A Challenge for all you home makers.

- - - - - challenge home makers

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Kurgan I have added you to my ICQ and I have a castle design :)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Didn't this finish yesterday?

Kurgan

Kurgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Yes. It ended yesterday. But I have your design. I will be going thru them this weekend, and post the winner.
Once the winner has been chosen. They will be contacted. And arrangements will be made so that they can pickup the 25mill on Napa Valley from Lord Nabin.

http://builder.thelostlands.com

House Builder Website in Link above.

Email me those designs victorkrugar@gmail.com

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Did you get many entries? Who won :)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Ok seems like this competition was never serious. I was probably the only person who submitted designs, I'll post them here:

Castle:

Attached Thumbnails

• Castle-1.jpg
  • Castle-2.jpg
  • Castle-3.jpg
  • Castle-4.jpg

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
and the keep:

Attached Thumbnails

• Keep-1.jpg
  • Keep-2.jpg
  • Keep-3.jpg
  • Keep-4.jpg

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Love the designs Cheese, I think my favourite is the castle

Guest_Kegan_*

Guest_Kegan_*
  • Guests
Damn fine designs you came up with Cheese! I'd love to see either design actually get built in-game. Didn't you say the keep was possible without the water?

Anyways, Good Job! ;)

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Ok seems like this competition was never serious. I was probably the only person who submitted designs, I'll post them here:

Castle:

Those are outstanding.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Thanks for the kind comments, they took me a little while to make and many crashes of House Builder.

I think the Keep can be built on a 18x18 without the water and grave yard, I haven't tested it though.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
So here's a question...I'm trying to rip off your design a little for my 18x18 (hope you don't mind, I just really like your castle design). How did you get those nice thick walls? Are those something exclusive to home builder?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
no theyre under the 'castle' walls, just keep scrolling through.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

So here's a question...I'm trying to rip off your design a little for my 18x18 (hope you don't mind, I just really like your castle design). How did you get those nice thick walls? Are those something exclusive to home builder?

As Covak said I think they are there. Let us see your house after you create it :)

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

no theyre under the 'castle' walls, just keep scrolling through.

In the actual client? I only have 2 pages of wall categories in my customizer, and 'castle' isn't one of the options. But then again, I'm starting to suspect that I'm bugged in that respect...crystal and shadow walls are all grayed out in my customizer and provide a tooltip saying that I need to upgrade to the latest expansion, despite my having upgraded to ML ages ago. I've tried putting in a GM call about it a couple of times, but I guess it's one of those "low priority" issues for them, cause both times I waited several hours before giving up.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
its not called castle specifically, but it's the wall setup that looks like the walls in keeps and castles.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Still can't find it...went through all the wall types -- the closest to castle walls is 'light brick', but there are only the thin ones on the sub-menu. If you don't mind, could you post a screenshot of the top-level page of the editor where it is? Just so I can see if I am in fact missing editor pages as I think I might be...

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I'll do this tonight when I am home :)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Its under WALLS > BIG BLOCK WALLS

Attached Thumbnails

• walls.jpg

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
umm I dont even know what that program is...I think he wants the in-game house customizer.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

umm I dont even know what that program is...I think he wants the in-game house customizer.

Correct. I rode around for a while yesterday though, looking for a house with those walls in-game and didn't find a single one, so I'm guessing it's not just me -- they don't exist in the in-game customizer.

Those should be added though. I don't like all the namby-pamby paper thin walls in game. I want some walls with (well, rhymes with walls and starts with a B).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: challenge, home, makers