Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Account Suspended... HELP!!

- - - - - account suspended

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Serraphin Storm

Serraphin Storm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You said you were on a 14 day trial. From what i understand your account needs to be active more than 30 days before you can buy codes with the execption of a new account code and buddy code. I actually dont know how you were able to buy the code cuz your suppose log in and it's apply directly to that account. So if you log in with another account you may what to check supcription info on that account. Hope that helps

lat00uk

lat00uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I was kinda thinking it was more than a case of just buying the code and it applies automatically I can understand if they want the account to be active for at least 30 days before you can buy a time code, but in that case how can I get a refund on the $39 and I will just go with my CC for payment.

If the account has to be have been bought and paid b4 you can buy time codes, that basically makes the purchasing of time codes redundant if they force you to pay with a CC first time around, what about people who dont have credit cards that want to play, I know they give you alternative methods of payment, but how can you pay via a time code instead of a CC if the account has to be active first? seems completely contradictory to me. Or am I just reading it wrong?

The method I used was to do the UO:KR 14-trial website, sign up (altho I already had a EA account for other games) attach a UO 14-day to that account, download the client and then play, I bought the time code a few days ago as I knew the trial was up soon, and I wanted to keep playing, uogamecodes.com took my money and accepted my UO login name, got the confirmation email for the code (no code in the email) no 90-day game time added to the account, trial ran out yesterday, account suspended.

Guess Im just playing a waiting game..

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

This may be silly on my part...but you are playing on a 14 day free trial. So have you even bought the actual game or just the gametime code? To my knowledge if you are using a 14 day free trial then you have to buy the game, submit the account code to your account on the website and then you are able to play the full fledged game. That is since your free trial period has ended.

I am assuming you have but if you haven't that may be the reason why your gametime code is not being executed.

Nope. With UO if you have a 14 day trial, you can start billing immediately without buying the game. I've done that numerous times when I had multiple accounts

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Here's the deal about purchasing the client or what not. I just helped my friend activate a new account. We did not have to purchase any client upgrades or anything. He just paid via CC for extra time.

Eventually, if you want access to mondain's Legacy you will have to purchase upgrade. But purchasing upgrade is not necessary to play.

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Return to the email, I bought a game time code last week and in the email I got the code that you apply.

lat00uk

lat00uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Well its 13:30 monday afternoon and I still havent had my code appiled to my account so I still cant play.

@ TheFather There was no code in the email, so I cant apply it, I was sent one by EA yesterday but it didnt work 'Extra investigation needed' apparently.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
GM_Spada responded to the issue, just like this one, on Stratics.

Hello gang,
Account support is aware of the issue and they are working to get it fixed as quickly as possible. This means that any outstanding GT codes that have not been applied will be appliable when its resolved.

I expect it to be fixed in the next day or so, hopefully less.

Thank you
-Spada

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Sometimes...it's just really bad luck.

A friend of mine was activating an EVE Online account, and it turns out the moment she was entering the info, the server went down for 5 minutes, and her transaction got 'lost'. she had to get tech support to fix it :)

lat00uk

lat00uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I was emailed by EA on monday with a code and this one didnt work either when I tried to apply it.

Its now 13:30 wednesday afternoon and my account is suspended, I would like to get a refund on the code as I have started to play SWG again and want to play that instead cause of all this waiting. But I have noticed that they dont offer refunds, well looks like im out of pocket £28, its a shame really as I was really getting into UO as well.

Oh well EA looks like you have lost another paying customer.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
That's prolly because the problem hasn't been fixed yet. Reference the note Spada made on Stratics. Spada is in charge of CS.

miss uo

miss uo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've read elsewhere about people applying their own game time code, by logging into account management, select subscription info, then change billing method. You will then have an option to change a cc or game time code... select game time code.......enter your code.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
the problem is they don't sell codes, rather, they apply time to your account. The idea being that you can use paypal or paybycash through uogamecodes, where account management only takes credit cards.

What they should do, knowing that UO isnt big enough to justify retail gametime cards - is allow us to use Warhammer Online cards on UO accounts.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

What they should do, knowing that UO isnt big enough to justify retail gametime cards - is allow us to use Warhammer Online cards on UO accounts.

Great idea. Or create Mythic cards that will work for any Mythic game... DAoC, UO or WAR.

Only catch in either of those ideas is that UO is not billed through Mythic like DAoC and WAR are. UO is billed though EA's Pogo division. Hopefully that will change.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

lat00uk

lat00uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Well I have finally had my time code applied to my account over a week late, and in the mean time I have decided not to bother playing UO now as I have started playing SWG instead.

So if anyone wants my account for UO (with 90 days of game time) then let me know via PM and I will change the account details to yours, I really dont want to play anymore.

Sorry.

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

Diminished Responsibility and Ginger.. Apparently..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Awwww screw EA come and play with the community we're much nicer! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, suspended