Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Need the facts about 4/6 chiv/mage

- - - - - 4 or 6 chiv or mage facts

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
hehe, yah it did seem a bit contradictory if you think about it.. I didnt even notice it.. hehe.. But what I think he was referring to was the people who strictly target mages w/staffs & swds of prosp as the disarm gimps. I hate those people!! Although I would do the same had I kept wrestle on. You gotta survive and sometimes you gotta be that guy.

Thats actually not a bad idea, drop eval, and be a primarily necro w/magery, instead of being a power mage/necro. Plus at spawns, if you go wraith form and wither, you dont have to worry bout med at all. It would suck on the field tho, as you would be a 1 mana dump wonder, unless like you said, you have amazing mr, like 14+.

I can see doing this to my necro/mage. I dont want to touch the chiv/mage as it is way too fun and the necro is red, so it would be more viable to do this in a raiding sense. I wouldnt have the punch of explo/fs I used to, but I could be the corpse skin, wither, and pois field guy. Hmm. Lots to think about.

Oh and thanks for not contributing to the evade mage gimplate wave! kudos on that!! Almost as bad as the WOD/archers after ML. That was by far the worst thing to happen to pvp in a long time!

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
i have plenty of regen
clannin'
pendant
mr 2 on gloves, arms, legs
four mr from vamp embrace
40ish medi
Wisp when needed...
I do just fine, hehe
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Really its just a spawning character...all I use him for...but hes not quite as vulnerable to dexies is all.
and with strangle/corpse, chain pain spikes to interupt and a couple welltimed poison strikes i can kill most anyone (and disarm the evade gimps)
then the wraith form thing of course when it comes down to a choke point...dropa few nox fields,,,hold a efield and wait for them to try to push...drop the efiled behind them, rush withwhither
works wonders
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
oh btw this char is red =p
5/6 of my chars are red lol
my oneblue is a mule w/ bush (trianed it up on him) and 40 carp/tink named box-maker. Im sure you can guess waht I use him for, hehe
Posted Image

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Ok, at the risk of asking a duh! question...what da hael is a 4/6, 4/8 5/6 ....
I really don't know.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
faster casting/faster cast recovery

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yep, a chiv can cast at 4fc 6 fcr, mage 2fc 6fcr, but people are doing a combo of the 2, so that you get the benefits of casting your heals quicker with chiv than magery heals, plus your ability to Holy Light is REALLY fast, the benefit to that is you can cast HL on the run, and aren't stuck for a timing period like wither, so it is a good spawning technique.

Cutter, last night, I was finally able to get my mage weapon into the suit. I had to switch out my arms, and lost a little poison, I am at 58 poison right now, but that is just until I get a few more barbed kits to try and replace the ones I had before with more fire on em. I also lost 2 MR, but with 120 med and 6 mr, I have noticed, I am doing alright. I guess it will hurt a little but it will have to do for now. I am doing this now, keeping the arcane/scrappers in the bag for spawns, and when we get raided or I want to pvp with the char, I can switch out to the swds. The book is blessed so its a free carry, and I am only really adding 1 more thing, so its just an extra 300 gold. I am going to try it out this week a bit when spawns are fixed on Baja. Right now they are not advancing. I think the only one moving is Despise. I went out and tried a bunch of T2A spawns with a couple guys, and we were fighting over first tier kills, cause it was just not spawning AT ALL!!

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
good!
I told ya =0

Dont get me wrong extra sdi or lmc or w/e is awesome, but not at the expence of getting yer butt kicked by dire wolves who hit ya eery time, lol...
This is precisely why my "spawner" necro has wrestling right now...I needed the lrc off clanin for one thing, and I was tired of having my swords of prosperity disarmed constantly by the lp ninja disarm gimps.

In any case...what might help ya ify ou want to use the book at times is set a client based equip last button. Works same as with weapons I think...Arm one with yer uoa arm key...disarm it, and arm the other with the uoa second arm hotkey.
now hit the client based equip last weapon button...and boom the other one is in hand. Hit it again and it switches back.
One button to switch between 2 armable items...no have to manually disarm and rearm.
I do this on my ninja dex char to make more specials available...and I imagine this would also work on a necro to quickly and safely switch from the swords of prosp to whichever book you use...and then back again if you're in trouble and need the defence.
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
also on my necro i make sure to carry orange petals at all times, and bolas.
I wont go into wraith form untill I have both of these...
Then third tier (mages) I usually put on protection...so my whithers dont get griefed, unless I have a peacer with me and follow him while he loops area peace...then dont' need the protection on.
But orange petals and bolas will save yer ass...that and getting good with spiritspeak =0
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
oh almost forgot, make surey ou have an archcure macro set too...petals wont cure lethal be it from an enemy pvper or a silver serpant....
need arch-cure
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
well i only do baracoon spawns with my swordsman with a soulseeker and vermin slayer talisman. He can solo it up to the serps, then it takes a few min and i usually regress a bit. But I can take baracoon down within 5 minutes with this. I take the chiv/mage to all the other spawns.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
so with chivary at 80 and magery is at 0 i have 4/6 as well.

Does chiv skill alone give you 4/6 or do you need jewls

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
you need jewels or items to raise your cast and recovery rate. man this is an old thread.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Agrees with Mercenary

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yah, since this thread died, I have since thrown away the chiv mage, and made him a scribe/mage/spellweaver. Essence of wind FTW!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I have done the same thing.
Posted Image

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Yah, since this thread died, I have since thrown away the chiv mage, and made him a scribe/mage/spellweaver. Essence of wind FTW!

Is this what people are using for that template?

Inscription 100
Eval 120
Magery 120
Meditation 120
Resist 120
Spellweaving 120
Focus 20

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
WittyLizard I have that excat template but my inscription is only at 93 for the meantime.
Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
For PVP I am going to swith out spellweaving and inscription with wrestling and ninjitsu and see how that works.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4 or 6, chiv or mage, facts