Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Need the facts about 4/6 chiv/mage

- - - - - 4 or 6 chiv or mage facts

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Ok, I made a char that I intended and am doing spawns with. He is a 4/6 chiv/mage w/spellweaving as of last night. (took gm spwv back off the stone for the heck of it, and actually liked it)

Now, someone was telling me that the 4fc only works on chiv if your magery is like below 70.

So if anyone can answer this it would be appreciated, because if its the case, I can restructure his suit a bit more and be more effective.

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
While I may very well be wrong on this:

4/6 is Chiv only... I heard once it is actually 4/8... To my knowledge you can only achieve this with the Vesper Chaos Replica Shield...

All other spells are subject to the 2/6 limit...

Please prove me wrong if someone can, I have not been able to test this in a practical manner and I would be very pleased if Spellweaving worked under these rules...
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
It's 4/6 chiv 2/6 mage no matter what skill level

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
thats what I thought, but a guy in my guild was saying that since I had 115 magery, my chiv would only be at 2/6, and I needed to take it down to 70 so the 4/6 to be effective. It is hard to tell cause either way its fast. I dont plan on taking off the 4/6 because it just so happens to complete my suit.

the highest fc you can be is 6(orny, 1/3 ring, helm, staff/swds/book, shield

fcr is 14 (orny, 1/3ring, helm, staff/swd/book/inquis, shield

completely useless, but if you wanted you could be 6/14

I think thats it for the fc/fcr items.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
what Damin said
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Thats what I thought. I think he was severly mis-informed. Or else why would people make 4/6 chiv/mages. People prob just think they are gimp, thats ok with me. I made mine for spawns. Funny thing happened tonite, this very questionable practicing guild came and raided our tortoise spawn, and I killed 3 of em with pixies. After they kept swearing up and down at me for having spellweaving on that char. it did me just fine tonite. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT not before everyone in my guilds vent at the time's ping jumped into the 5000s and we couldnt move to save any of our lives. Seems to happen EVERYTIME this guild shows up too....... Call spellweaving a trammy skill or not, it works.

Try sometime death strike, then sic some imps/pixies on someone. Nasty combo.

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Oh yes... The pixie spam... woot... Natures Fury is great for getting the gankers who hide in a house and shoot arrows at ya....
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Vy

Vy

THE CULT OF THE OCTOPICKLE !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Now, someone was telling me that the 4fc only works on chiv if your magery is like below 70.

its SUPPOSED to work that way, but it doesnt. Feel free to hop on this bluebie crutch before it gets fixed. :(

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Oh I'm hoppin on it while I can. It is the most effective spawning char I have made yet. Gimp, but effective. Sucks when we get raided tho, cant do crap to kill someone, but spawn-wise, its great. The only one I have seen work better is the necro/bard. They can damn near solo a spawn with no problems.

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

Former Napa, Newbie Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a chiv/mage myself that I like to us in spawns sometimes in PvP. How in the world did to manage to get Spellweave as another skill with it?

My temp is currently:

120 Chiv
120 Mage
120 Medi
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Wrestle

What did you drop to add SW or what is your current temp??

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
the exact same just took out wrestle and put in spwv. the wrestle is on a stone just incase it doesnt work out in the long run. didnt find myself needing to disarm or stun punch any spawn, so i found using spellweaving in place of wrestle worked better for me

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

Former Napa, Newbie Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Sounds like a good option to me.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
i hope u use a mage weapon of some sort for defensive purposes since you dont have wrestle...
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
nope. strictly a stayin alive character. heal, remove curse, cleanse by fire and spawn. when we get raided, I continue with spawn and dont usually get in the fights. i made it for spawning and pretty much thats it. i am trying to get my orny into it so I can use my mage weapon, but until then I stay as is.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
u will get hit every single time by anything even if they have no weaponskill.
nevermind the pvpers that raid ya...u will get pwnt by direwolves lol
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
just because I dont have a weapon skill doesnt mean everything hits me every time. I have done probably about 30 spawns with this char since finishing him and he gets along just as fine as the wraith/witherers. Whenever things get too crowded, dispel evil works wonders. The wrestling was doing me no good at spawns, so thats why I switched it out for spellweaving, it was more effective to me. Attunement, gift of renewal & life, arcane empowerment. All very good spawn spells. The holy light doesnt work as well as wither, but I can cast it on the run, so it doesnt fizzle as much. I have rarely died doing the spawns too. I really like the char and do just fine without parry and wrestle. But like I said, hes strictly a survival char, and spawn char. When I want to fight people, I use my swordsman or necro/mage. Just gotta pick your battles..

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
try putting a mage weapon in you'r hands tho, it will work wonders trust me...
unless you need the book forcasting or something...if you wanna stay alive the mage weapon will help
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well, I can put a mage weapon in my hands, and it will only bring me down to 3/6 unless I use my Orny, but it drops my fire down to like 50 something. I dont like fire being that low. My brace I normally use is like 1/2 with fire. Plus with the scrappers, I get the SDI and it is great for spawns. I will not lose any LRC, LMC if I give up the scrappers as I am already at 40 if I replace the brace with my orny. But like I said, its mostly for the SDI, as there is no cap in pvm, which is what a spawn is until it hits the fan. Plus, I know that disarmers go for mage weapon holders first. It would drop me below 4/6 and there goes the quick heals and cures..... I was doing some swapping around last night, and decided that I might just keep the arcane/scrappers/swds of prosp in tow together so if we do get raided, I can swap out quick and be a viable pvp char. Its only an extra 300 gold from normal, and with the blessed stuff I wear I am already only worth 2400, so going to 3000 wouldnt be much of a loss. Now I just need to find new arms to support my mage weapon transfer....

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
well what ever works for u obviously...
on my necro I actually dropped eval and run w/ wrestle 120 and gm parry
had to drop medi down alot obviously...its down in the 50's now i think, but I have mass amounts of mana regen.
This lets me not worry about disarm gimps...plus I can disarm people, stun, and not worry about getting my butt kicked by dire wolves, lol.
Drawback obviously w/ no eval is no para fields...but we usually have enough other mages to cover that so I stick to efields and poison fields...and am able to stay alive better. We also usually have a peacer or 2 on hand so on this char Im able to both work the spawn via whither...yet also be semi-able to kill and stay alive in a raid.
I know Id probly do better w/ a mage weap, and bush instead of wrestle to spam evasion...but I refuse to play an evade mage.
Posted Image

Evil Ninja Troll

Evil Ninja Troll

I paint Cats.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

This lets me not worry about disarm gimps...plus I can disarm people.

I don't know why, but that just made me laugh a little bit.:grin:
Evil will always conquer over good, because good is dumb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4 or 6, chiv or mage, facts