Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Publish 58 on TC1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Publish 57 has gone live on TC1. Patch notes are available in the regular place.

More...

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Sweet.

Party in Wrong lvl 4.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
lots of small, but good, changes!

I think changing the way free trial accounts accounts are handled, mostly to prevent abuse/misuse, will open the door for more marketing and hopefully more new players.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yeah, the trial account changes match what's becoming the industry standard for mmos. WoW, WAR, and Lotro all have similar restrictions.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
They need more work on the new player quests/experience then

The current ones don't really give people a taste for what "life is like" after they leave Haven.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Very true. I think the new player experience was much better before Haven got nuked.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
# Players will no longer be able to inscribe locked down books

... not cool

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir

Reporter/Librarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

# Players will no longer be able to inscribe locked down books

... not cool

This is an entirely pointless change. I seriously doubt books are used for cheats :huh I wish they would spend their time fixing real issues.

Its hard enough to run a library as it is with the permissions changes to containers last year. Now I have to reset permissions on an entire case of books if I need to change one out. Same goes for runebooks.. *sigh*

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
ActuallY i can understand this one. I've had problems with locked down books in my auction house with list of items I'd change each week being overwritten by childish individuals.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I just wish you could 'lock' books so that only the author could change them.

Though I have written silliness in some of the books lying around in luna.

the syndicate guild on atlantic guild keeps leaving books around on cats trying to get people to transfer there, So I write in em. Usually extolling the virtues and greatness of pie.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I just wish you could 'lock' books so that only the author could change them.

Red leaves will lock a book.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Not sure why this change was made either, isn't that what red leaves are for?

As for those books littering the ground, I help keep my shard clean and deposit them in the nearest trash barrel.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Red leaves stop all further editing - I mean something like setting security on it in your house so only owners/co-owners/friends can edit it, etc.

So say you're having an auction in a week. Prospective sellers can list their wares in a book, but they must be friended to your house first. Thus the book could be viewable, but not sabotaged.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Exactly. For me, I have the rules of the auction then the list. Each week I just edit the book and re-lock it down. But people like to edit the lists...heh.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Red leaves stop all further editing - I mean something like setting security on it in your house so only owners/co-owners/friends can edit it, etc.

So say you're having an auction in a week. Prospective sellers can list their wares in a book, but they must be friended to your house first. Thus the book could be viewable, but not sabotaged.

What about Bulletin Boards? Or a messageboard online like this?

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Not everyone visits the forums. I know. I used to post my auction list on both Stratics, here and my web site. and people still would prefer something they could look at in game. I used to print books, but when there were additions, people would get pissy because they weren't listed...yadda yadda.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Posted by GalenKnighthawke

I note that restoration of the utility of Bags of Sending is not on the list; only prohibition on their use by trial accounts.

Change your mind or forget to put the change in the Notes?

-Galen's player

PS: Should have read deeper in the thread; others already noted this. Sorry for the redundancy!

Hmm, missed the notes! (Same with BODs being restricted, that's in there too)

There's actually more stuff coming. This is the first push to TC1 - I'd consider this list more of a "working list."

As far as I know though, the BoS changes are live on TC1. Someone want to give it a whirl?

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
Lead Designer -
Ultima Online - EA Mythic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Pom Pom posted

From the Champ Spawn Pub 58 Fixes and Q&A thread, this question was asked by a player and answered by Regine_EAMythic:

(...)

The bug which allowed players who didn’t work the current spawn to receive the replica has been fixed and will be in Pub 58.

Has this been addressed in this publish as stated or am I just missing it in the notes?

Yes, all the of the issues addressed in the Champ Spawn Q&A post will be live in Pub 58. There has however been a slight modifiction since that post was made. The range for Protection has been increased from 90 tiles to 200 tiles.

Regine_EAMythic
UO Associate Game Designer

~~~~

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Posted by WarUltima

So if i read the thread correctly, players worked the spawn has a chance to get replicas while only players on top attacker list against the champ can get scrolls. Would you be so kind to confirm?

~~~~

Correct.

You do not need to attack the champ to get the Replica, as long as you worked a sufficient portion of the current spawn. But you need to have done sufficient damage to the Boss to get a chance at the powerscrolls. In both cases, you need to still be on the subserver to receive anything.

Sak

Regine_EAMythic

~~~~

Pom Pom
posted

From the Champ Spawn Pub 58 Fixes and Q&A thread, this question was asked by a player and answered by Regine_EAMythic:

(...)

The bug which allowed players who didn’t work the current spawn to receive the replica has been fixed and will be in Pub 58.

Has this been addressed in this publish as stated or am I just missing it in the notes?

~~~~

Yes, all the of the issues addressed in the Champ Spawn Q&A post will be live in Pub 58. There has however been a slight modifiction since that post was made. The range for Protection has been increased from 90 tiles to 200 tiles.

Regine_EAMythic