Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Note for all those who spend more time at Fel Yew Gate than at work.

- - - - - fel gate note spend time work yew

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1479 posts
1. chill out.
2. learn to spell.
3. the pixels disappear when you turn off your monitor.
4. no one in the real world cares how many n3wbz u pwnz.
5. ITS A VIDEO GAME.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Moria

Moria

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
:eusa_clap: agreed. btw your post made my night ;)
  • chargar42 likes this

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1151 posts
That is just too awesome. Way to go!

Gringo

Gringo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I'm very surprised there are still people left like this in the game... thought they would've all gone to l33t pwnzx newbz over on WoW... I guess it wouldn't feel like real UO fell PVP without the jerks though, they are UO's oldest tradition.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3808 posts
Fel just wouldnt be fel without the complete and total retards near the yew gate...

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Yeah, it does take a special kind of player to pull off that type of play style. Thats one of the reasons I could not get really into PVP is I could'nt get the trash talk down right.
Posted Image

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Makes you want to organize a yew gate raid and watch the punks go OoooOoo.

It's easier to understand then trying to decipher their misspelled chat

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3808 posts
Yeah, I just dont have the personality to be a PK, eheh.

I know it's part of the game and all... and going to fel means you're ok with it... I just cant attack blues on sight without feeling like an asshole.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
What am(azes/uses) me is that, of all the things to come from the late 80s/early 90s computer underground culture, l33tspeak is what survived. I figured that stuff wouldn't last a year...heaven knows I got sick of it fast (albeit more slowly than the poor saps I was hanging out with at the time).

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1206 posts
House-sitters tick me off.

People play at Yew Gate whereas in the past they played at Bucs Den, Fel. No idea why they moved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3808 posts
Same reason we don't use west brit anymore....it just sorta happened.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1537 posts
AFAIK, Bucs den gate never had a guard zone, which means no GZ huggers.

And I don't see much trash talk either. Many people can't talk without spamming spells and can't type anyhow, so substitute talking by just using vent.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5379 posts
There's a serverline in Buc's Den that can cause flagging problems, not to mention that little stutter sometimes when you cross one.

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1206 posts
Those server lines were the best! I always chased someone in bucs den who knew exactly how to manipulate the server lines to their advantage. Everyone hanged out there if they wanted to PVP. It just was the place to go before AoS.

And Jhelom pits used to be a place where people on any shard trained. Another training spot was Humility in Illsh back when the ankh cured deadly poison from the rotting corpses. People would lure a rotting corpse to the ankh & spend hours in a group whipping on it to gain skills.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comicon

Comicon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
It's also amazing that real estate near the Fel. Gate is at a premium, and the owner's who do live there, customize their house just for the purpose of PVP. I've never seen a more vulgar way to use water tiles in my life.

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
lol those water tiles are funny. Not as funny as the reds near the gate who house hide though. They will run out onto you, and won't flag. They always need that escape route. haha

But hey, if you want to pk near a fel gate with housing thats the consequences! lol

BTW, I have access to 3 houses at the fel gate. So I too use this tactic when gank fest is going on.

lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fel, gate, note, spend, time, work, yew