Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

stealth archer temps

- - - - - archer stealth temps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
soo i want every one to tell me there thoughts are on what a stealth archer temp should consist of and what you think is the best.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I honestly don't like playing a stealth archer, but I understand their value in a field fight.

Since your stealth archer's bread-and-butter is dismounting, it should have very high dex and a heavy crossbow with a lot of SSI.

Since you'll be stealthing and dismounting, that means you're on foot most of the time. That makes ninjitsu a requirement as well for things like smoke bombs or animal forms.

Also, you're using a high damage weapon that's still slow after all the dex and SSI is taken in. In that light, high tactics and perhaps anatomy is also nice.

Which leaves you with a template:
120 archery
120 ninja
100 hiding
80 stealth
100-120 tactics
100-120 anatomy
And 60-100 points in... something else, probably chivalry or healing.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Personally, I'm inclined to put points in chiv, healing, cure poison, and recall. Not to mention the added convenience of not worrying about damage type. But if youre attacking from stealth, you usually dont consecrate first.

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
any more temps people use or have seen any wacky n crazy ones?

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Well coastesy this is my stealther temp but on my dexer.

120 Swords switchto archery
120 Ninjitsu
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 hiding
90 healing
80 stealthing

I am not sure if there are any wacky and crazy temps out there. You can always take away anatomy and healing and add alchemy. I think that would be cool and a fun temp to play. Throw some explosion pots or just stealth up to a group of people and do a Achmed the dead terrorist on them. I would also replace healing with chiv and try to jewel up to as close as you can to a 4/6. You know what I might actualy do that template now that I am thinking about it. So you can't use it. lol just kidding.

Big Willy

Big Willy

Undead Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have been thinking (God help us ALL!), and I came up with this template. Now keep in mind, I am, by no stretch of the imagination, any good at PvP. However, it seems to be extremely difficult to kill me. I am a GM Runner I guess you could say LOL. This isn't a template to get the winning kill shot, but sounds like it could greatly benefit those I am fighting with.

120 Archery
120 Tactics
110 Ninja
100 Spirit Speak (for the Mana Leech)
60 Necro (for Wraith Form)
80 Hiding
80 Stealth

Now, this is only 670 points, so you could put your remainder points into whatever you wanted. But I say Dismount while Stealthing in Wraith form just because you can walk through people and the can walk through you and they never know it. So, Dismount-Smoke Bomb- Leave. Going to try it and see how it works.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I have been thinking (God help us ALL!), and I came up with this template. Now keep in mind, I am, by no stretch of the imagination, any good at PvP. However, it seems to be extremely difficult to kill me. I am a GM Runner I guess you could say LOL. This isn't a template to get the winning kill shot, but sounds like it could greatly benefit those I am fighting with.

120 Archery
120 Tactics
110 Ninja
100 Spirit Speak (for the Mana Leech)
60 Necro (for Wraith Form)
80 Hiding
80 Stealth

Now, this is only 670 points, so you could put your remainder points into whatever you wanted. But I say Dismount while Stealthing in Wraith form just because you can walk through people and the can walk through you and they never know it. So, Dismount-Smoke Bomb- Leave. Going to try it and see how it works.

Sick template. Would be cool to see archery replaced with swords/fencing/macing and actually use necro spells. Only thing is...how to heal?

To truly understand something, change it.

Shunsaki

Shunsaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Sick template. Would be cool to see archery replaced with swords/fencing/macing and actually use necro spells. Only thing is...how to heal?

I'm going to guess that's through pots and spirit speak through FC jewellery. Should work perfectly and it's certainly better than bandages with proper gear.

Tatsujin Tengu (KJ)
Ninja/Assassin guild on Europa server.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESctfjtFYo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Tatsujin Tengu (KJ)[/ame]

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I had to jump in here since I am a old steath Archer

It is a good thought about speak and using necro to do that form to have way to walk through people the issue is when you are in the form you cant use the main things that steathers use that is ninja... going into wolf form and getting the space needed to really do smoke bomb or hide is needed. I feel having chivalry-speak is not what you need to run when using a stealther.

120 anat
100 archer +20 w/hunter
120 tactics
100 Healing
60 steath +20 stealth legs
100 hiding
120 resist
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I'm going to guess that's through pots and spirit speak through FC jewellery. Should work perfectly and it's certainly better than bandages with proper gear.

Sounds iffy. I have 50 EP on all of my characters and it is definately not enough. Sprit speak is highly disruptable. Still interesting.

To truly understand something, change it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, stealth, temps