Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Finally getting around to killing Generals...

- - - - - finally generals killing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Hello All -

I'm trying my dragon against the generals today, while I have an unprecedentedly good connection to Sonoma.

Can anyone provide a link to loot info?

Thanks!

~M

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Also - If you had a questionable connection, which city's monsters would you attack?

~M

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Publish 56 On Test Center
Jeremy Dalberg
21 Oct 2008 15:55:05 EST

o All invasion monsters have at least double the normal loot
o Army members drop special weapons and spellbooks with properties based on their rank
o Army members drop exceptional loot at higher ranks

Ive never seen any monster have less than 1,000 gold, the human officers have special colored armor (nothing great, but its in colors/hues you don't normally see in UO) and the generals give weapons/spellbooks with godly stats (HL 30, 40 SSI, 50 dmg).

You can actually go "shopping" by pulling up the generals toon and see what kind of weapon they have & that usually the weapon type u get. Unfortunately the weapons cannot be enhanced further (you get the "this item is already enhanced with a special material type").

Spellboooks and weapons from th general (and a few other high level officers) will drop right into your pack.... 25+ SDI plus other LRC/LMC addy's. I got a +30 SDI one in yesterdays invasion.

Hope that helps.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Easiest cities with a bad connection are Minoc (slimes and such, but watch out for the Plague Lords) and Skara Brae (elementals...blood elemental is probably the hardest there). Stay away from Moonglow at all costs, and Britain can be pretty dangerous too (dragons).

Edit: Oh, also on the easy side is Trinsic -- orcs.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
TAKE YOUR DRAGON AND STABLE IT WHEN THE CRIMSON DRAGON ARRIVES!!!

Did I say this enough? and loud enough? The crimson dragon makes your greater go wild in under 5 minutes.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Did I say this enough? and loud enough? The crimson dragon makes your greater go wild in under 5 minutes.

So what do you do with your greater again:huh lol

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Stay away from Moonglow at all costs

I have to repeat this statement. Whether you're fast or slow, Moonglow is too hard, and not worth attempting.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

I have to repeat this statement. Whether you're fast or slow, Moonglow is too hard, and not worth attempting.

I've actually been doing a bit of the moonglow invasion on my tamer today. It's a heck of a lot easier on my tamer than my other toons, but it still does seem like a lot of effort relative to the rewards (especially when compared with invasions in other towns). It's doable, but it's definitely the hardest invasion force of the event, and not to be attempted on a bad connection.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Thank you all so much! (runs amok with the 'thank you' button)

Interestingly, I was in Moonglow yesterday and didn't find it all that difficult. The stupid winged warriors kept trying to defend the generals, but once I managed to drag my target to a secluded area my dragon could easily handle the General plus several other lower ranks. Are those winged fellows defending every Army?

The "shopping" tip is fantastic - Thanks! Now I know what to look for.

Nothing particularly exciting after two Generals and several captains. I did get a nicely colored spellbook with 21% SDI and a couple other decent mods off one of the Capts.

This armor is really piling up in my bank box. Maybe they *will* need a springs cleaning 2009...

~M

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
If your con is bad or you just want to have a relaxed time, don't go there with your dragon but your cu. Usually my tactic is to run through the spawn spamming area peace until i see a general of my liking - mage, healer or with any of the archery weapons (heavy x-bow with 50 ssi is great for dismount), the melee weapons are not worth the effort. After I found one, i try to get him somewhere secluded, in a building or such, and sick my dog on him. a trained cu kills a general without needing a single heal from you.

oh, and don't bother with captains. It's really only about the generals.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I agree Captains have to many hit points for the loot they provide not worth the effort.

Is it me though or are all the ranked human characters really easy.
I haven't found one from scout to general that has given my sword pally any trouble at all.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

I agree Captains have to many hit points for the loot they provide not worth the effort.

Is it me though or are all the ranked human characters really easy.
I haven't found one from scout to general that has given my sword pally any trouble at all.

I had a macro on KR that used the "Repeating" feature to spam whirlwind attack a few hundred times...with it I solo'd 3 generals and a captain simultaneously on my sampire.

They aren't hard. They just take a while to kill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: finally, generals, killing