Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

When to rely on guaranteed gain?

- - - - - gain guaranteed rely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I am mainly asking about inscription, but also in general... at what point do you give up working a skill in favor of the GGS? At 91.9 right now. Debating whether to grind out and lose materials or just work a bit for .1/day to GM. That would be... 81 days?!?

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
For me, any skill that maxes at GM I grind it. Essentially, get it over with, the material cost is still "relatively" minor in proportion to the skill gain. For certain skills that go to 120 (taming) I live off of GGS' once I hit around 114-115. Most of the rest I'll grind...there are a lot of skills capping at 120 that really aren't that bad. It's just a few, and THEY are the ones that I simply write off as a time investment. FWIW.

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
That kinda makes sense. Gains are going sooo slow right now. :) Incidentally, I meant Arms Lore. I am also working inscription on another character, but they are only 77 or so.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
for crafting skills you can often get by with a tali - espeically BS and Tailor from 100-120, getting 120 is needed more for the BODs than anything else. So you can save money and GG most of the last 5%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gain, guaranteed, rely