Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

*just a fun thread * Re: Chrissy/Regina Or Someone....Troublesome NPC's

- - - - - chrissy or regina fun npc someonetroublesome thread

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Among all the doom and gloom, I found this thread which I thought was amusing.[ not least of all some of the responses......isnt it amazing how theres always SOMEONE can moan about a perfectly good natured thread]

Connor_Graham explains his dilemma

Since things are kind of on hold for the moment for swapping characters...

I've got this problem with the local dockworkers and fisherman.
They hang out in front of my house at all hours of the day, drinking and carousing.
There are ale and liquor bottles floating in my pond from their activities, and I even caught one peeing over the side of the bridge in my yard, using the poor bullfrog like the soap cake in a men's urinal.

Posted Image

Seriously though, these 4 NPC's are stuck right out in front of my house and I don't believe they should be that far up. I run a vendor mall from my house and trying to mark runes around the paths these NPC's walk is like walking a maze. The actual area they should be located at is 2 screens east of where they're standing now.

Is there any way at all that these NPC's can be moved to where they belong? It would sure make UO life a hell of a lot easier on me and the people that frequent my shop. I get complaints nearly every day that recall spots are being blocked by the NPC's when they wander around. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~~~

If you could pm me the account name (no passwords) that owns the house. I will forward it along for someone to take a look at it.

Chrissay

Chrissay "Adida" Zeeman
Community Coordinator Ultima Online

~~~~

Posted by Flutter

I hope they dont change stuff like that. I like the random NPCs wandering about....
I have Paladin's that come visit my home often. It's endearing.

~~~~

Connor_Graham

That's the problem with these though, they're not random NPC's.

They're the static ones that are supposed to be at the dock area but for some reason they're 2 screens away and making a mess out of my front yard with all the empty bottles.

I've had to take the poor frog to the vet twice already. He's been looking even more green than usual lately.....

~~~~

They have been taken care of. *evil grin*

Mesanna UO Associate Development Manager

~~~~

Connor_Graham was happily impressed

10:29 PM
Wow, lol, that was quick! Thank you!

and

01:17 PM

I'm waiting to see what's happened to those NPC's now that the server has gone down......

*wonders if fire will be involved....*

and then .................. 02:06 PM

And they're still there....

Posted Image

~~~~

JC the Builder feels if he's got them then so should you !!!

That is their spawning area. They are supposed to be there.

It would make my life a bit easier if I didn't have the heavy creature/monster/camp spawns in front of my house. But that is just the way things are.

Posted Image

~~~~

Lol at Brigands head stuck in JCB's door :P.....tabby

~~~~

Avenhar wonders

have you checked for Ransom notes in your mail ?

Posted Image

they may have moved the wrong ones

~~~~

Ok take two, lets see if they stay this time.

Mesanna UO Associate Development Manager

~~~~

and QueenZen has a similar problem

I am still trying to figure out why all the Gypsies whom land in my NW Brit front yard on Siege suddenly turn into *COWARDICES* after they all land in me yard....are they all 'a'scared' of all my parrots or something ??

and

When I had my Chessie home on the Minoc shore...public museum building...seems even the goats cows shepherds gypsies and the occasional lizardman would tour the faciltiy...problem was that the Lizardmen just did not seem to fathom the finer arts of a cerebreal building full of reading materials regarding shard history. Posted Image They would enter all crabby attack visitors, I would try to civilise em...but in the end...they became spined tunics on display in the museum. The occasional ettin or lizardmen just did not GET IT ! Posted Image

~~~~~

Connor finally got what he had asked for :)

Yes! They've moved down to the docks now! If they move again I'll let you know.

Thanks so much!

~~~~

FUN,fun,fun hehe .Oh and heres the party pooper post :P

ColterDC

I can't believe you took time out of your day to fix this stupid problem.

"Oh no.. I'm playing an online MMORPG and there some NPC's walking around in front of my fake house.... the end is near!!!!"

~~~~

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
so hey, they move neutral NPC's that aren't doing anything wrong to anyone, what about the orc and brigand spawns that are constant visitors to my neck of the woods? Not only do they block customers, they also try to kill them! Boo-hoo, someone's got a l33t vendor house in Zento with an NPC problem...

Chefb0yrg

Chefb0yrg

The Mac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
i have never seen tancred so mad lol

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
youre right, I should rephrase my post...

"hey! While youre editting the NPC spawn table, could you jump down a few rows and also remove all the brigand, orc, troll, harpy and ettin spawns that are terrorizing the town of Gyldenfeld on Chesapeake since time immemorial? Thanks!"

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
ColterDC

I can't believe you took time out of your day to fix this stupid problem.

"Oh no.. I'm playing an online MMORPG and there some NPC's walking around in front of my fake house.... the end is near!!!!"

LOL, that only gets a 1/10 for being such a pathetically weak troll attempt.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I'm with tabbs here, this was a refreshingly nice read :)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I think the poster was correct, and these guys were actually in the wrong spot, despite what the trolls say.

And why are brigands and orcs such a problem? They die so easily... The only spawn i've found annoying is the swamp, because of plague lords.

Though a dynamic spawn system would be interesting. Orcs and trolls will spawn away from player housing areas once houses are placed, but will 'attack' them periodically, to reclaim their lands.. etc. Maybe triggered by the presence of home owners or something.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

I think the poster was correct, and these guys were actually in the wrong spot, despite what the trolls say.

And why are brigands and orcs such a problem? They die so easily... The only spawn i've found annoying is the swamp, because of plague lords.

Though a dynamic spawn system would be interesting. Orcs and trolls will spawn away from player housing areas once houses are placed, but will 'attack' them periodically, to reclaim their lands.. etc. Maybe triggered by the presence of home owners or something.

Maybe have some housing fortifications that you can man to fight off monsters that are attacking your house.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Isnt it one of the things that makes /has made UO unique though,these oddities that you dont get in any other game *grins*

I remember the first time I visited a particular well known vendors house on Europa.I was feeling pleased with myself as Id just learnt how to 'browse vendors' without having to go inside.

I had about 7 vendor bags etc open so couldnt really see the screen.

That was until it went 'grey'

The house was cleverly hiding a spawn area and everything rained down on me whilst I was busily shopping,lol.

I had to call for help for me to get my corpse back or it would of been a VERY expensive shopping trip :P

Oh the joys ..............................but its what makes it unique

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Interesting. We could have hired archers, maybe a moat (to keep the black knight at bay)...vats of boiling oil...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrissy or regina, fun, npc, someonetroublesome, thread