Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Helping my friend retrieve UO account info!

- - - - - account friend helping info retrieve uo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey guys. A friend of mine that quit UO about 2 years ago is willing to give me his account so I can return back to UO on a veteran account. They have since moved from their original home location and the UO account had their original email and address. The email on the account no longer exist because they changed ISPs when they moved. They don't remember the username, password or the security question.

Is there any way for them to recover the login info.?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Perhaps if they have the payment info, like the credit card number. Also, I would have your friend arrange getting the account credentials verified and not you. Once they have the account info, then they turn it over to you. If you try to do it and the CS rep finds out youre not them, theyre gonna slam the brakes on the process as a protective/privacy measure. You also have to realize they have their own set of safeguards in place which, while it may inconvenience you, is also protecting people from having their accounts stolen. Wouldn't be very safe if Joe Blow could just call in saying they have a person's name and address and want the account turned over to them, accounts would be stolen right and left.

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm just trying to get information for them. I'm not trying to claim the account myself. I told them I'd find out how they could go about getting their login info back.

CeNedraSR

CeNedraSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
My brother had this problem a few years ago...He had changed internet services and he lost his email account which of course caused him some problems.

He called up UO and gave them his information and what not. He had to confirm billing information that is associated with that specific account. Since your friend has moved, it will probably be his credit card he used. If he has that particular credit card and/or a bill associated with that credit card and is able to disclose the correct information he will probably be able to retrieve the username and password.

However, if he truly no longer wishes to keep the account under his name, EA does provide the transfer of accounts from one person to another. It is a 30 dollar charge but if the both of you can come to an agreement and you wish to take full command of the account, that is probably your best option...so this doesn't happen in the future. Here is a link that will give you the information of how to do that:

http://www.uo.com/acct_xfer.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, friend, helping, info, retrieve, uo