Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOKR magic broken?

- - - - - broken magic uokr

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Do you mostly seem to accidentally cast offensive magic on yourself? I will precast a magic attack & before it gives me the option to target, I'm zapping myself in UOKR. Ugh!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nemmie

Nemmie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm back from a long uo vacation myself and KR is new to me, too. Your magic isn't broken though. You have to make sure you are not targeting yourself when you use your hotkeys/macros. I also just found yesterday that if you right-click the hotkey/macro slots you can set them to what kind of target u want them to use.

As for myself, I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the auto cursor target.. It aggravates the asd;lfkj outta me.

Thanks guys! Also I'd like to say, I wish I'd checked this place out years ago when I was told to hah.

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
I've also notice that your hotkeys sometimes "aquire" the target type of another key your using.

Really annoying when you hit the cure or bandage at the last second that was set to target type "self" and it's changed to "cursor".

Even worse when you delivery that finishing flamestrike that you swore was just set to "target current" and roast yourself because the target type flips to self.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
when mastered, and in a party, the auto target keys (f series) are very useful. for 2d client, I usually just use UOA for bosses, but KR, at least, makes doing champ bosses and the like a lot easier ... i could never learn to pvp in the client though, was too weird

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
It's not just a KR issue, I get that in 2D now and then also. And it's not related to macros even, since it can happen even if I just click a spell icon to cast it. Just like you said, before the targeting cursor even comes up, the spell just auto-fires on yourself.

It's not often that it happens, for me it might be like one spell in 40-50 during a longer battle. But still very annoying. Annoying just like how sometimes when you cast you simply get no cursor whatsoever and have to cast again.

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I use the scroll wheel to cycle through targets and sometimes end up zapping the wrong things, since the neutral targets also show up in the aggro cycle. Occasionally I mis-set the target in my hotbar macro and end up zapping myself, but once I fix it, the problem is gone.

Then again, though, offensive spellcasting is a secondary measure for me, so maybe I'm not doing it often enough to see the same results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: broken, magic, uokr