Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stealing from Monsters at Champ Spawns - Help, please

- - - - - champ monsters spawns stealing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Hello all!

I'm trying to get my hands on some of those nifty new "thief" items, but I'm not having much luck. So far, I've tried stealing from shadow wisps and faeries at Lord Oaks/Twalu.

1) When I steal from wisps I get one of two messages: "that's too heavy to steal" or "you reach into a backpack...and try to steal something." In no case do I ever succeed

2) I can steal from faeries no problem, but I keep getting scrolls and gems.

I'm at 110. Am I stealing in the wrong places or from the wrong monsters? I get the fame thing, but it seems I ought to be getting something different from wisps, at least.

Thanks!

~M

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Arent the faeries and wisps a regional spawn there not part of the champ spawn? Non-champ creatures only carry gems/gold/pots/scrolls to steal.

Also, low-level creatures that are part of the champ spawn have a really low drop rate for the "rare" items. I've tried hitting the champ spawn up near Valor and have gotten a few things. What I'm really after are Seeds of Life.

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Suggestion, Go to ilsh spirit and go near the swoops, Use knight of valor to summon the spawn, You only have limited time before the spawn ends unless you fight the spawn.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
The best thing to do, if you want risk, is to kill evil mages in Fire dungeon fel and steal from them rofl

Whatever gives the most fame gives the best chance for items, and if you have 120 stealing, you get even better incentives from a bonus

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Do you get the 'special' items from any monster, or just monsters at champ spawns. For some reason, I thought it was only in the altar area...

If not, there are several high fame/low risk areas I'll be headed to!

~M

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Do you get the 'special' items from any monster, or just monsters at champ spawns. For some reason, I thought it was only in the altar area...

If not, there are several high fame/low risk areas I'll be headed to!

~M

You can get a "special" item from anything in a Fel dungeon, and anything in a champ region (on any facet for the champ regions). Some things tend to always give the same thing though, like deathwatch beetle hatchlings seem to always give potions :/ but if you did the Tokuno spawn, you'd get some of the "special" items off of the turtle guys for sure.

By the way, I posted this image before, right? My thief stealing from Serado hehe :)

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Fan. Tas. Tic.

Thanks for the tip!

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: champ, monsters, spawns, stealing