Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Healing macro

- - - - - healing macro

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a healing macro on one of my chars. His healing and anatomy are low (in mid 50s) at the mo so need to get them trained up. I cast lich form so my HP drops down and I have set up a macro key (F1) to bandage self. Only problem is I want to be able to leave this macro running when I’m not at my PC (I don’t see this as cheating - I mean when I am at home doing other things like making tea, sorting out kids etc but don’t have time to sit there pressing same key over and over)

It seems at the moment it will only let me use the bandage after I release the key - if I keep it pressed down it seems to try to use bandage over and over but there is no message of success or fail and my health remains the same.

Is there a way I can set this up so I can leave the key pressed down and maybe get some gains?

Many thanks

Edited due to my appalling spelling and grammar! :)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Can we say non-official programs here? If so look on google for uoloop

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hmmmm........not sure what the rules are..........but thanks anyway, not heard of that program before so i'll check it out.........

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Can UO Assist be set up this way?

I notice they have a free trial period and they are also officially approved so might give that a go first instead

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
There is no way to loop using assist.

Assist makes uo much better.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Is there a way you can repeat it 'n' number of times?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
You can't run it when you're afk - EA will ban you.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok, thanks for the replies - I think, to be on the safe side, I will have to work my skills up the old fashioned way. I can still cast lich form and just use my F1 key macro whem I'm at the keyboard - last thing I wanna do is get banned

Now here's just one last thought.............what's the longest time you can record a macro using UOA? I mean is it possible for me to press record, cast lich form, heal self, wait 1min in real time, heal self, wait 1min again, heal self etc for like 10min and then stop recording? Then I could just let ONE macro run for 10mins - no looping

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
The program razor, You can find it at runuo.com, That can be macroed, Its like UOA, But its bannable, Use with caution*

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
With UOAssist, you can make a macro to heal yourself. Just cast your lich form, then heal yourself as many times as you want....even 100+. Afterwards, you want to insert a pause between heals, make the pause as long as it takes you to bandage yourself plus a second or so. Then hit play. You will bandage yourself as many times as you have set up in the macro. With something like this, depending on how long you wanna sit there and create the macro, you could go one minute or a hour with a macro. Any other programs listed here (razor, uoloop) are ittp's and bannable, and I would not suggest using them. Doing so is done at full risk to your account.

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Thats actually not true? You cant loop uoassist lol. Do you think EA was settingn themselves up to get cheated? Theres alot of easyuo scripts that all you do is sit in a house and it hides and then stealths around without actually moving.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks JFK, I think that answers my question. I'm at work atm so when I get home i'll give it a go with say 10 bandages and see if UOA will let me work it that way

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Thats actually not true? You cant loop uoassist lol.

You are quite mistaken on BOTH accounts. First of all, you can MOST definately create a macro that heals you over and over in UOAssist. It will run exactly as long as the number of heals you set it with, and how long between each you pause it. Obviously, it is not truly "looping", as it will need to be restarted with a push of whatever key you set to play the macro when it is completed. However, it IS looping in the sense that it repeats a certain task for however long you initially create when setting up the macro...twice or 100 times.

Secondly, though I don't do it myself, I also know for a FACT that you can make a macro with UOAssist and then use UOLoop to loop it over and over again. Although UOA won't "loop" itself, the ittp can make it do it for you. You would simply make your macro with UOA and then set UOL to loop it every X seconds (the X seconds being the length of time it takes your macro to play in UOA) by having UOL trigger the UOA hotkey after the "X" number of seconds have passed.

I see you're new here. Generally, ittp's as well as freeshards are not discussed on this board, nor encouraged. FWIW.

EricVT

EricVT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
To add to jfk's suggestion, you could also heal yourself once and then insert a pause and then save the macro. Then go into your UOA directory and find where it keeps the text files of the scripts, and then copy+paste the text in the script over and over as many times as you want it to run the macro. Saves you from initially having to heal yourself 100 times while recording...just do it once and then copy it 100 times in the same script.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks fo the replies guys - didn't get chance to gon on last night so will give it a try tonight.....hopefully

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Personally I like the dime/penny solution set a macro stick a dime/penny in the keyboard and watch it run.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: healing, macro