Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Funny story about a GM

- - - - - funny gm story

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Yeah, this gave me a good laugh the other day.

I made a character with a somewhat offensive name. Sometimes you step over the line, and that line is sometimes hard to determine. lol

Anyways I was AFK sitting at Luna bank, and had been for a couple days. I just leave my characters logged in now almost all the time.

The second day I get home from being out of city to see Connection Lost. I'm thinking wth...

So I log back in and notice that my name is now Hilton. lolol

So me being in my drunk ways page the gms with something along the lines of this:

"Hi, recently GM ???? changed my name to Hilton. Yes I admit, my previous name (Insert Name Here) was offensive. However, why Hilton? This name is so stale. Out of all the names in the world why Hilton??? lol"

lol. Anyways I was just doing it for laughs seeing if I would get the canned response. Long and behold about 30 minutes had gone by, and all of a sudden I'm teleported to an empty dungeon somewhere.

The GM opens chat with me and does the old, haha how can I help you?

So anyways she offered to change my name to whatever I liked. She was very laid back and super cool.

I can't remember her GM name because it was an odd name, but it was cool to actually see a GM talk to you one on one, and be laid back and have a sense of humor. lol

So she asked me if she could help me with anything else. So I said "Can I get a moongate to this place put in my house?" And she replied "I can do even better."

All of a sudden I'm teleported to some small room with like 6 moongates and a sign that says "This room is for unattended macroers" or something like that. Then I see in my chat she says "Here is a lot of moongates!!"

She then left chat. lol

It was funny. At least to me haha. Now I know what the infamous Jail looks like! haha

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Didnt realize I had written a novel.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Too funny.

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
The UM jail is in Bucc's Den inn, right? Good story :)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

The UM jail is in Bucc's Den inn, right? Good story :)

It is indeed,and a neat story,Evolus.Good to see these things being done with a gsoh :P

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yeah, I think part of what makes a good GM is as much a sense of humor as well as knowing the various ins and outs of their job. Its nice to know you aren't dealing with a machine that spits out generic responses all the time :)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
My god I thought the GMs were just automated responses.. your telling me they are real people? I don't believe you.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Nice story.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
They are real people... Why would EA pay people to set up "Automated responses" OBVIOUSLY THERE REAL... Whos the genious here exactly? :S

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I hope that was sarcasm...because if not, I'd be happy to explain that one out. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

TheFather

TheFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
haha,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: funny, gm, story