Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Anger and Ultima

- - - - - anger ultima

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I find getting rezed is not to hard and alot of people will still help you get your gear back (though not as many as before) weither you are in their guild or not.

This is not to say being in a guild is good or bad just says that we still have a community in UO that tries it's best to make game play fun for everyone (Exceptions to this DO apply)

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

are all guilds that are decently sized like this? I just get so sick of it. I wish i could find like 8 people who were all laid back so we could champ together.

join lnr xd

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Hey, its nothing better than reskilling a "Angermanagement" type of person...
Since he always comes back to say, "You f***** nub" then dies.

Think me record is somewhere on 150-200 kills then i got bored.

Best way to boost the anger in those moaners is to laugh at them. Works wonders..

Posted Image

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Think me record is somewhere on 150-200 kills then i got bored

Somebody actually accepted all those rezzes just to shout at you? :D That's strange and somehow a bit wonderful

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Actually it was at a healer shop in Brit.. and he was from a Order guild or war guild to us.

We had 130+ wars + being chaos :)

Posted Image

Serraphin Storm

Serraphin Storm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
People handle things differently. I for one rarly get upset in RL. However there are times that i get a bit upset when playing UO. A yes it has been said that it is just a game but I Think that why it affect people so. If you have a bad day at work. Its your job an ultimatly you get paid for it (unless you got fired).

So wether you are a customer service rep at people yell at me allday inc. You do your job and remain professional (and keep that smile in your voice). Some people have job that require them to act in a manner that is contray to thier true nature. The hippy that works corprate, Or the rebel that work in law enforcement or in military service. Some people define themselves by their job and think that cuz they are doctor such and such or DA. blasa blasa it means something. Yes and no Ultimatly it comes down to this. You are more define by what you do in your free time then how you make you living.

Your not a good person just cuz your a teacher or cop. We all know there are jerks in all professions. If you love something you will do it when you dont have to.

And i think its why there are people Who get upset playing Uo. If i am doing something that is suppose to be fun and im not having fun. It tends to affect me more. Yes it just a game. So does that mean that the happy feeling you get for the game are less real or valid. So how about the negative ones.

I personally believe one is more defined by what they do in their free time than what they do as a job. But thats just me.=)

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
That is so true some people think that a person has to be the job and live totaly for the job. The truth and a really good song to boot is that "everybodies working for the weekend"

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
I'm a teacher in rl and in UO... I'm in trouble "aint" I?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

I'm a teacher in rl and in UO... I'm in trouble "aint" I?

There is nothing wrong about liking your job nor having your job enhance what you do in your off hours.

I have acually thought about starting a liquor vendor. Maybe calling it Britannia Booze or something similiar.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I sell food

it's not profitable, sometimes weeks will go by without anyone buying anything, but it's fun to gather the ingredients and put it all together

plus, unlike irl, no dishes, lol

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I used to work in Kmart & before that was at Lowe's. At Lowe's I walked around with a non-mechanical palate-jack while all the other guys ran around with some kinda motorized thing you could ride. Lowe's is a big home improvement warehouse store, so you needed those machines to transport yourself & your heavy load to places in the store.

After three months, I got trained on one of the cool kid's machines: the order picker. There was one joystick to go forward or back, a dead man's pedal which stopped the machine if you lifted your foot off it, and a wheel you moved to turn the thing around corners. It was basically an elevator with wheels. After six months of working, I lost the job.

I loved that job afterward, but at the time I was suicidal & just plain angry with my life. I hated how my boss was a jerk. I wasn't getting therapy or meds for my problems. Lots of stressors.

Anyhow, if I weren't so tired all the time & had as much stamina as I had when I was 19, I would love to have that job again. I'm much calmer, I have friends I can talk to, my life is more stable. I would love to work one of those awesome machines again while most people sleep. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I worked at Albertsons distribution center and I drove every kind of machine they had from a powered Pallat Jack to what they called a Turrent truck which was like an Order Picker on steriods and I loved every minute of it but I just couldn't deal with the whole politics of the place and had to quit before I ran my supervisors head through a wall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anger, ultima