Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Anger and Ultima

- - - - - anger ultima

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Why do people get so angry playing Ultima?

I play on Atlantic, and am almost to the point of leaving my guild over this. I go out and work champs by myself a lot of the times to get pink scrolls. I can get the spawn to level three easy enough. Once I find those slayer bows I'll be good to roll! lol

Anyways, I have no fun when someone starts complaining or fussing over the game. I play to enjoy myself and relax. Not to hear someone having a come apart over Vent.

Are all guilds that are decently sized like this? I just get so sick of it. I wish I could find like 8 people who were all laid back so we could champ together.

Who cares if you die. That's why there is insurance and people to res you.
Who cares if you get raided. Yeah it was a lot of work, but thats part of the game. Next time try different evasive tactics lol.

The bottom line is this: Why play the game if you don't enjoy it? Why not go play an easier game (and Ultima can be overly easy sometimes) like the Sims Online or something. Ya know?

Anyone else have this same problem?

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Anyways, I have no fun when someone starts complaining or fussing over the game. I play to enjoy myself and relax. Not to hear someone having a come apart over Vent.

Can you just turn off the vent or the sound? Then you wouldn't hear the complaints or have to worry about any of it. I don't. People will be as they are no matter what you do. Ignore them and enjoy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Yeah I've gotten to the point that if they start complaining I just leave Vent, and leave where they are at and go do something else. I know thats bad of a guildie to do, but its just not fun anymore.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I do that to my guild all... the... time.

Seriously. There are some days that I don't even get on vent.

And others when I'm on and having fun all day.

But my game philosophy is simple, if you aren't having fun, then it souldn't be part of your game.

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Yeah I think pixels are like million dollar bills to people sometimes. lol

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Some people are just drama and maybe you should question why youre in a guild with such people or why the guild has such people.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Fortunately for me, my guild is amazing and don't really have to deal with it. We all come together just to have fun in UO and thus far I haven't had an really noticeable guild drama. Having said that, one of the big reasons I'm camped out here on UOForums rather than over on Stratics is because Stratics has become such a complain-fest. So yes, I know where you are coming from.

Priam19

Priam19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have to say I am on of the people that occasionally lose my temper. Not everyday, but every once and awhile. I guess venting to people I like helps me deal with that fact that I am not much of a player. I dunno. I try not to go on and on though.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Guilds are designed to make the game more fun. When you guild detracts from the experience, it's time to re-evaluate what you're getting out of the guild.

I prefer lose groups of like-minded people that occaisionally cooperate to achieve a shared goal, myself.

~M

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I play for fun. I suck at PvP but I do it for a change of pace. I still enjoy PvM. Actually, come to think about it, I still enjoy the WHOLE game. I have been in two guilds...I recently left one due to drama, and my other one is a PvP guild...and there are times I can't stand being in vent with them...other times it's great. I used to get mad when I died, but not anymore...UNLESS I keep dying trying to help guildies out and am getting nothing in return help from them...at that point I'll simply leave vent/area and go do something else, play another game, or go surf the web. It's a game, it's simply not worth getting pissed about it. This holds true with the cheating as well, I refuse to run hacks and CHEAT at a GAME, but there are many others who feel differently. I don't understand THAT either.....................

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Some people are just drama and maybe you should question why youre in a guild with such people or why the guild has such people.

Don't all guilds have at least one of the "OMG" drama queen moaning types? =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Hey, I LOVE moaners lol.=)

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Well if you are in a Guild that doesn't then maybe you should look real hard at yourself because you may be the:

"OMG" drama queen moaning type"

And I like Moaners too!=)

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
man, this thread pisses me off. jk!! lol :)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Patience and a sense of humor will go far in avoiding drama, honestly. Most often, drama queens are the ones who just can't take a joke.

Always always remember: if your group dies at a spawn, or breaks up and quits for the night - they respawn for a reason. Try to think about how to avoid the situation next time. Even if someone did something to cause the situation, usually it wasn't on purpose.

- Patience.
- a sense of humor.
- willingness to change.

If everyone has these three things, drama related to spawns and peerless will be vastly reduced.

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
The drama part really relates to the fact that you are dealing with real people. Some of which have real lives that are fairly pathetic. This is where power comes in. People who are powerless in rl become powerful in UO and enjoy the feeling. Likewise when they lose their power feeling by dying or what have you then they vent their frustrations which probably stems from the rl circumstances that make them powerless in the first place.

Or maybe they have an Oedipus complex or something.

Or really who cares about any of that. If people are not having fun in the game join a guild or something and branch out till you find one that suits you cause there are tons of us that avoid drama (although my guild can have its fair share once and a while). I never go to bed angry about the game or angry at guildies.

Of course I understand .... It is just a game.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I must admit, I used to get rather irate when I died in UO, more so if I died soon after being ressed, heh
Not sure why, but I did get over that irritation after a while and learned to deal with the annoyance of death heh.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
The only time I got annoyed in game over dying,was if I was on the way to an event and got attacked/kidnapped on the way there .As I was a hard core RP'er it usually meant I couldnt just get up and carry on as though nothing had happened .
I had to go along with whatever was happening.

and yes I actually was voted " Most kidnapped Roleplayer " 2 yrs running :P so it happened a LOT *grins*

' Dying ' never bothered me tho unless I lost some thing 'precious' in PvP due to no insurance :(

btraill

btraill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I guess I'm alone here... I'm one for doing stuff by myself. I like the feeling of self accomplishment. I like achieving things myself, while getting to your goals with your guild might be easier; I feel like it degrades your accomplishment. I don't mind if I have a friend that I occasionally tag along with, but for some reason, I usually stick it alone.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Even if you're a soloer, a good guild is nice to be able to call for an emergency rez. Just be sure to return the favor for someone else :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anger, ultima