Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

I found some really old new acct. codes. Are they good still?

- - - - - acct codes found good

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I was going through my old UO expansions I purchased in the past and noticed I still have alot of the new player account codes I never used. Do these codes have any value and are they still able to be used?

The codes I found were in myAge of Shadow, 7th Anniversary, Samurai Empire and Lord Blackthorn's Revenge expansions.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
You should still be able to use them, yes

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
theyll still work, but you may need to buy upgrades for ML.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
They will work! Go forth and claim your shiny shiny gifts!

~M

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well a friend of mine is supposed to be giving me his account soon. I was wondering if these had any cash value anymore? Anyone know abouts what they would sell for?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Best thing to do is look at vendors of such codes like MarkeeDragon and see what they charge for similar codes to get an idea of their value. EA still offers AoS codes for sale for $9.99 and I myself have tracked down copies of UO 7th age to have a slew of AoS account codes handy.

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok last question. Is there a way to check to make sure the codes are still valid? I usually scratch out the codes I use but I don't remember if I missed one because it was so long ago.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
AFAIK, the only way is to go in and try opening an account with them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Will that use the code or will the code still be good?

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
You are opening an account, thus using it.

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yea but I thought a long time ago you could put in the code but not use it by not finalizing the account setup and this was a way to check to see if the code was still valid although I'm not 100% sure on this.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I am unsure when the code is 'used'.

I would expect that if it lets you enter CC/payment stuff, then you've got a good code. But if that isn't entered, the code isn't 'used' as the account was not created.

But you never know.

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok I logged into my EA account that I created to make my newb account I started about 2 months ago and when I try entering one of my newb account codes from one of my expansions I get this error message.

We cannot process your request because this registration selection has already been applied to your account.

Does this mean that I simply have that expansion upgrade or is the code not valid? My guess is when I want to create a new account I have to use a code that is the same or later than any current UO accountson my EA account. Is this right?

CeNedraSR

CeNedraSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
If you are trying to open a new account, you need a new player account code. You cannot try to upgrade/add an account code to your account if it is a new player account code. Every expansion has two codes...one for a current upgrade code for an ongoing account and one for a new player account. Each of these codes are completely separate. Off of one box/game you can upgrade your account with the upgrade account code and you can also start a new account with the purchase of just one game/box.

If the codes you have are for a new player account then the only way to show that it is valid is to create a new account. You have to start an EA account before you can start a new UO account. To my knowledge by submitting a code you automatically tie it to that EA account...which means if you sell it, it will not work. However, if you have more then one code for a new player account you can try to start two new EA accounts. Start one, enter the code, stop the process and then start another account, enter the same code and if the process is continued then you know that the code did not automatically tie itself to the previous account you tried it on.

If the codes you have are to upgrade an account then you can use them on an ongoing account. If you wish to redeem the items that go with the expansion (such as a hooded shroud of shadows) and the account has an upgrade of that expansion then you can redeem the gift/reward in game through the help menu.

They will not work vice versa...meaning you can not use a new player account code on an ongoing account because it will tell you that it is not valid....and they are right, it is not valid because you trying to use it on an ongoing account when it is a NEW player account code.

zalo1

zalo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok thats where it got me then. I thought you could apply as many new UO accounts to a single EA account as you wanted.

So to test the codes I have to create a new EA account, enter the new account code and cancel before submitting billing info right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acct, codes, found, good