Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Peerless key fetching tips and tricks?

- - - - - fetching key peerless tips tricks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Pirate Roberts

Pirate Roberts

Liberators of others Things (LooT)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Peerless key fetching tips and tricks by Pirate Roberts of LooT

Dreadhorn: The only key worth mention here I believe is irk’s brain. To get this key easily I use a bard with disco and provoke. On my way back I precast invis and attack a cu sidhe to get him to follow me. Each time I invis, I toggle my war mode again, precast invis and again attack the cu sidhe to keep him following me. Before long it’s done easily and quickly with just a little practice. Once in the swamp area, I use the same technique to lure irk near the cu sidhe. Then I precast invis, toggle my disco macro and target irk, shortly after my cursor for invis pops up, and I hit target self macro. Once irk is disco’d, I precast invis again, toggle my provoke macro and target the cu sidhe first, and then irk, then again my cursor for the invis pops up, and I hit target self. Before long this will be the only way you provoke in high risk areas, it is a very effective technique. The untamed cu sidhe makes quick work of the irk, and anything else in the area, and it heals itself up.

Short and sweet vesion: Lure cu sidhe back to swamp, disco irk, provoke cu sidhe onto irk, (not irk onto cu sidhe). Rinse and repeat until you have what you want.

Travesty: The only key worth mention here I believe is the orange key. To get this key easily I use a disco/tamer with spellweaving and at least a level 5 arcane focus. I wear a 100% LRC suit and carry a –0 mage weapon. I cast gift of renewal and attunement, then precast invis and start running. With this level of arcane focus and the –0 mage weapon it is a quick and easy run all the way to the room with the stairs that is a safe spot to pause and heal and/or cure if needed. This spot is also where I cast Ethreal Voyage so I can safely stroll back to the spot where the orange key can be fetched. If you are skilled enough to make it this far with your pet, a greater dragon makes quick work here, especially with discordance. You can also use honor to make it back here, and a sampire is very useful to fetch these keys as well, I personally solo travesty with the tamer so I just use him for the whole job.

Lady Melisande: Not worth mentioning, quest for keys is easily completed by various templates and held since the keys don’t expire until you complete the quest.

Shimmering Effusion: Still working on this one

Grizzle: Still working on this one

Paroxy: Still working on this one, I’ll try Putrifier soon with my disco/tamer and see how it goes. I usually just use a disco/provoker and several EV’s for this guy.

I'm not a writer or scribe, and went to public school in Florida, I've sucessfully graduated fifth grade, although I can't count, especially during election time, so that negates the last statement. I do however apologise in advance for any typos or misspellings. I hope you find this guide to be useful and I'll update it as I can, all entries are welcomed, questions answered as quickly as I can.

InfiniteDreams

InfiniteDreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
How are you soloing Travesty if you don't mind me asking? Template & Tactics?

Pirate Roberts

Pirate Roberts

Liberators of others Things (LooT)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
120 Animal Taming/Lore/Spellweave/Magery/Music/Discordance... yes Discordance. One big bad Greater Dragon.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I saw a guy take out travisty with a rune beetle and a nightmare while in wraith form. Travasty took on the wraith form as well does that make it suceptable to a certain damage types or is it just a way to avoid certain attacks?

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Well, Grizzle keys are quite easy if you're using a Greater Dragon. Just lure the named creatures (apart from Red Death) down to the entrance area and take them out one-by-one there. :)

And don't worry about the GD having any difficulty doing so - I go down there to train newly tamed GDs, so a trained one will have it even easier, plus Disco... gosh you're going to be bored down there. ^^
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

120 Animal Taming/Lore/Spellweave/Magery/Music/Discordance... yes Discordance. One big bad Greater Dragon.

Sorry to necro this thread, but how are you soloing Travesty with discord on your tamer? I've tried this a couple of times and she always takes my form and discords both me and my greater and I'm dead faster than anything. I've tried embracing honor before I go in, casting invis as soon as I'm in, etc. How does you keep her from taking your form?

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Ooh nevermind! I got it. You just have to inch in there very carefully and keep her at the absolute edge of the screen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fetching, key, peerless, tips, tricks