Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Character Transfer Question

- - - - - character question transfer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Q: Where do you end up/appear when you transfer shards?
Reason I ask, is the FAQ says something like "You'll arrive in one of the virtue cities". This could be a problem, if the city is under attack.
I'm guessing though, that it would be New Haven... Just wondering if somebody can confirm, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
any of the original towns of Britannia. I've transferred four or five times since the invasions began and never landed in an invasion
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Do you appear naked with that box that I read about? And what about pets (Bringing in some packs with items on them)

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
always naked, but you can immediately equip everything in your pack once you xfer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
It is possible to land in an invasion, unfortunately. It happened to me.

It's not a big deal - as long as you don't touch the stuff in your transfer crate until you are safe.

- When you transfer from your shard, UO will show you your transfer crate, and all the items that will be transferred. It takes all the equipped items, and all of your backpack items and puts them in here, along with stabled pets and bank box items. This is to be sure you arent missing something.

- There's about an hour here where your account can't log in to either shard, during the transfer process.

- When you arrive, you can remove items from your transfer box here. You appear at one of the original newbie start locations naked. If an invasion is occuring, close the transfer box, and get somewhere safe.

The transfer box works much like a moving crate - you open it by clicking yourself, and hitting Open Transfer Items. The crate will exist for 7 days following the completion of the transfer process.

There is a list of items that will not transfer on uo.com.

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Thanks, that was very useful information. Unfortunately (I should have worded this better) Pack Pets following you, are they in the box also, or do they just appear with the stuff on them (or is their stuff also in the moving crate thing)? Character we want to transfer has poor armor and doesn't stand a chance near that type of spawn.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I am not sure about their backpack contents - but pets that are near you are transferred - i've never transferred doing this, so I'm not sure.

I am not sure where these pets appear, or if they keep the stuff that was in their pack.

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Ok, thanks for the replies. To sum it up, we read some more and pets get put into a box, as well as items they had on them. So you truely transfer naked. Which, is a good thing, because yes, we transfered into a city that was under attack (Moonglow). Fortunately, it was a safe run out.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yeah, it really depends on which city it dumps you in. the spawn often doesnt cover the entire city during an attack.

Moonglow is a good one, the inn's not far from the edge of the city. Brit is bad if you show up at the eastern inn. Trinsic is tricky too.

Have fun on your new shard :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: character, question, transfer