Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New account, trial not working.

- - - - - account trial working

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mexmoon

Mexmoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

I used to play UO well back in the days, evne before i really understood the game. I think it was called The second age.

Anyway, I suddenly had the feeling i wanted to play a good RP game again so I created a new account with the plan to try the 14 day trial, however the trial-key UO provided does not work. I get this message:

"Error! Sorry, but there was a problem with the registration code you have entered. Please check your information and try again. You may also contact customer service at http://eamembers.custhelp.com."

Anyone experienced the same problem?
I will appreciate some help so I could get to play this game again :)

Thanks in advance!

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Check out this thread, just happened yesterday with same problem:
http://www.uoforums....ot-working.html

Bascially, youre going to have to call Customer Support, but it will be worth it ;)

EA Customer Support: 1-866-543-5435

Mexmoon

Mexmoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is there no other way than to call them?

Will I be charged for the call, or can I call them with Skype for free? ;)

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I don't think they do smoke signals or telegrams anymore :)

866 is a toll free area code, just like 800

You could try Skype just to see if it would work.

Is there no other way than to call them?

Will I be charged for the call, or can I call them with Skype for free? ;)

Mexmoon

Mexmoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I thank thee for thy help :)
Either I will call them tomorrow or I will go check if I can get my hands on a game time card and revive my old account (from 2003, haha)

A few questions though...
I have a serial and a CD for a version called UO: Age of Shadows. As well as UO: Samurai Empire.

Will it take some new version to play the game? If so, what version?
And can someone quickly list the expansions/games that were released later on (after UO:AoS)?
I feel a little lost and behind in the UO world :)

Thank you for your help!

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If you install whatever version, it will automatically download all the patches to get you up to date. I would use the Samurai Empire CD, but to really cut down on time and patching download the client for free from Fileplanet. The old 2D client or the KR client, it's up to you, but you will recognize the 2D client much more.

In terms of what to buy, get Mondain's Legacy as it was the most recent expansion and will let you use quivers, talismans and other new items, the Spellweaving skill, item recipes and access to the Peerless dungeons.

Mexmoon

Mexmoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks a lot for answering my posts, Tancred RedStar!

Looking forward to play UO again :)

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Welcome back, it's always nice to have people from back in the day return!

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Keep in mind....if you started a new account you can't upgrade to Mondain's legacy until the account is 30days old.....ugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, trial, working