Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

**NEW** not so helpful "HELP" option now

- - - - - helpful option

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Well tonight a guildie was out fishing in the middle of the deep sea and was killed by a serpant, she tried to use the once helpful Help Im stuck option, ya know the one that previously asked what town you want to go to, only to find that it now asks for a brief description of why she needed help and that a GM will be there to assist her. Out of frustration she called on my hubby and I for help, she was trapped on the boat, we were unable to walk on thus not able to cast resurrection, since she was now at the dock in New Haven I wasnt able to cast exorcism either. We finally got her rezed with Chivalry, long after her body was gone. She finally got a response from a GM, be it very polite and after the fact, she was basically told to not use this option unless she cant get out any other way i.e walk/sail out OR ask a friend to come help her. So when did this change and why!? :huh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
As far as I'm concerned Uo subscribers can use the service as often as they like. It's one of the reasons we pay a monthly sub. It's not a lowly GM's place to tell you how to use the service you're paying for imho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I agree. What I don't understand is sometimes the menu comes up with locations to be sent to, and other times the dialogue box comes up to ask a GM for help.

But I will still use the help-stuck option as often as I believe I need it.

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I agree, I use it when Im so dead stuck and no one can get to me. I die ALOT with my tamer in dungeons or die out in the middle of the ocean on an island on a t-hunt. I can see how this may have been an abused system, I dont know the specifics of how we got magically teleported tho. I see it as hard on a new player who may not know anyone or may not know where to go or what to do. Myself and my friends are lucky we can scream help on TeamSpeak and someone will run n rez n fight if needed. I was completely unaware, as was my friend, that there had been any change and I had never seen this before. For her it cost a few pearls but for a new player, I think Im safe in saying, may frustrate them to the point of not enjoying the game, tho I remember the days of only Fel, pre Renaissance EEP! Still very frustrating espically given the average wait time and usual canned response.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
To me it seems some what random, often I've had the teleport option, other times its been speak to a GM which I've never bothed doing.

They defo shouldn't tell you not to use the option though.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I found a hole in the ground near the labrynth and had to teleport out of it not cool when you use a mage and the rotten corpses are zeroing in.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I think the problem is that the feature was implemented to help assist with problems related to game mechanics, like sea cliffs, holes in floors, etc. and not poor player decisions. Since it went unchecked for so long, people came to rely on it to bail them out, sometimes to the extent of an unfair advantage.

If you go to the bottom of Hythloth by yourself and get killed when some balrons swarm you, that's your own doing. Personal experience is the best, if sometimes cruel, teacher.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Remindes me of my dad saying, "you are going to learn even if it kills you!"
oh yes I learned my lesson and fast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helpful, option