Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Good skills here but what to do with them

- - - - - good skills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

shawnshx

shawnshx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Lot of thing have changed while i was gone for 4 years. Well i have a few good skills but trying to figure out how to put a good char together. I am looking for a char for champ spawns, pearless bosses, and of course doom.

Items i have are Crystalline Ring , Ornament Of The Magician other jewelry
70+lrc resist suit
I should have a good char in here for a doom run. If not i will make new skills.

Skill i have and are working on as of today are

1. Magery 110 real skill
2. Magery 100 real skill + Crystalline Ring +20 = 120 magery
3. Magery 90 real skill
4. Meditation 120 real skill
5. Meditation 100 real skill
6. Eval Int 100 real skill Thinking about 120 if there is a differance
7. Inscription 85 real skill working to 100
8. Focus 100 real skill
9. Resist 81 real skill From what i nderstand no longer needed
10. Wrestling 96 real skill From what i nderstand no longer needed
11. Music 120 real skill
12. music 105 real skill
13. Provoke 120 real skill
14. Disco 120 real skill
15. Swords
16. Poison 78 real skill To poison weapons in the old days (mule)
17. Taming 99.6 real skill working on it, thinking maybe 110
18. Animal Lore 105 real skill
19. Vet 90 real skill working to either 100 or 110

If there is another skill that will be good to use i do not mind building it. Exp i am thinking about getting Necro skill and or fencing

My pure bard at 120 music,disco,peace,provoke,med,magery
just does not do enough damage at spawns or bosses with only 8 damage ebolt or 13 damage flame strike. 22-45 damage mindblast on some.

Maybe my tamer will be the way to go but what skill to put on him? I have not used my tamer in about 6 or 7 years. Just went the other day tamed a greater then put it in stables waiting for it to bond.

Tresure hunter has all the things like picking, cart,hiding,stealth but that does not fit here.

With Crystalline Ring , Ornament Of The Magician, and spell damage increase . There has to be a decent char in here some where. I guess i need better armor that has a little lower mana and or int boost.

Like i said i have been gone for little over 4 years and my old tank mage is out of date, Hell my old trusted poison gm katanna is crap now.

Will not get into my mule at this time lol.

So can i make 1 maybe 2 good chars with all these skills? Lot of things changed and i do not know what is needed this day and age.

thanks for the help

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
If I had access to those skills, I'd go for a disco tamer. Discord & taming are two of the most annoying skills in the game to work up, but from what I hear, disco tamers (aside from having a hilarious name) are pretty much unstoppable in PVM. Template would be something like (using the values you've given):

Taming 99.6 (you'll want to use gems to get this to 110 or so - easily done)
Lore 105 (might want to gem this up a bit too, but 105 is probably ok for now)
Discord 120
Music 120
Magery 100
Vet 90 (might want to get this to 100)
Rest in meditation

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
My personal preference would be to create a tamer, a tamer with a greater dragon can go just about anywhere with any spawn.

My tamer has this template - or will have when I finish taming and find the elusive magery scroll.
120 Animal taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Med
120 SW

Cast gift of renewal on the pet which strengthens the pets abilities to heal himself and cure poison. Word of death will do major damage. While keeping magery to heal

Just an idea

Just an idea.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
first welcome back to the game. what shard are you playing? most on these boards would be glad to lend a hand.

a mage tamer is a good way to start off.
over time you could take mage/med/eval/tame/lore/vet to 120.
a greater dragon is your best friend here. you can do peerless with him, doom, champ spawns and general tank farming. you'd need to be 110 min tame/lore to get him to listen, but with jewelry you can boost up above that as taming gains remain ridiculously hard at the higher levels as you can probably remember from when you last played. i went heavy on the + to skill jewelry,spell book and mark of the trav hat to get space to put 100 spellweaving on my tamer. my resists suffer but i love having spellweaving on him which gives me word of death, arcane empower, and gift of renewal and life. i feel spellweaving is a good compliment to a tamer.

a good spawn char is a necro mage.
mage/eval/med/necro/ss and resist. contrary to your ideas magic resist is still very viable for shaking off paralysis and the length of time for some lesser spells. some get around it by using a trap box.

orny is probably one of the top 3 arty's. very versatile for a mage build. crys ring comes in more useful on the pvp scene as it counters the minus 20 of the mage weapon. if your not pvping you might want to look into trading the ring for say a crimson cinture and something else, possibly a 120 tame scroll. crys ring is valued at 20 mln gold where as i've seen crimmy's sell for 12 mln on occasion, so point being if you decide to part with it definately don't heads up trade it. if you have a crimmy than disregard.

other random thoughts.

take poison to 80. that way you will never fail applying poison.

taking scribe to 100 making spell books. good way to make a nice set of slayers. hope you make a repond as i use mine all the time.

115 magery is what you should set your sights on for now. a 115 scroll is about 1 mln gold.

people in my guild rock doom with a sampire build which i suggest you read up on.

anyway, read up on these and the other boards. ask questions no matter how trival you think they are.

welcome back.

shawnshx

shawnshx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
My greater dragon i tamed is a 4.1 out of 5 on the pet power cal has 968 hp 638 str and Top resist.
The reason i do not want to take taming higher than 110 is because i have a dragon now and i think at 110 you have 99 chance to control it so why use the 10 points for extra stable slot ? Am i off base on this?

Animal lore to me should be good at 105. I think it gives you the right amount for Greater Dragon control, if i need more i can use a ring then take it off as needed right?

I would just think the skill points can be put to better use when i am not after stable slots.

My Magery 100 real skill + Crystalline Ring +20 = 120 magery will give me an extra 20 points to play with but takes up the ring slot.
Or i can just use my 110 magery and work it to 115. Just hate to spend another 15 million for a power scroll.

Vet will be 100 but is it a big difference at say 110 if so i can use some of those extra points here.

Form what i been playing is disco is better to help everybody but you do not get kill points or damage points for your drop right? I did about 200 champ spawns in the last week and only got like 3 or 4 drops and hardly get any scrolls of trans and when i do either .1 or .2 But this was on my pure bard

I was looking for more of a casting aspect of it. I like to do the fighiting not the dragon to have all the fun lol. But lot of great ideas here. I will like to learn more about spell weaving. Does it have a spell like earth elems and ev's if so can it ne cast since you slots are taken up by the greater dragon.

Thanks for the info seems like i have a lot of learning to do. I am sure if i keep doing lady mel and the crimson dragon i will get one. Or sell a futon or 3.

O i play Pac for the last 121 months. never shut the account off just stopped playing.

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Cool, you seem to have things under control. if you are happy at 110 tame than so be it. i just went to 120 with jewelry so frankly i'm not sure how the controll issues are at 110. give it a go and if need be you can always take it higher.

for the champ spawns in trammel. dont get discouraged over the low drop of scrolls. according to the FOF it is too low and will be bumped in pub 58.

i'm not a bard so i don't have a good enough sense of that to speak but there are other's here that can be of assistence.

100 vet is fine. you just heal more damage at higher levels.

good luck on pac, and welcome back.

shawnshx

shawnshx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Provoke tamer sounds good. seems like someone can do a lot od damage with that.

I am still messed up about vet. Yes you want 120 ,but when fighting pearless bosses (exp lady mel or dark father) you are casting greater heal, so i guess 120 med will be very useful, Or can you vet your dragon while standing next to the boss. I always help with distance healing and never see anyone close to the boss for vet

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Provoke tamer sounds good. seems like someone can do a lot od damage with that.

I am still messed up about vet. Yes you want 120 ,but when fighting pearless bosses (exp lady mel or dark father) you are casting greater heal, so i guess 120 med will be very useful, Or can you vet your dragon while standing next to the boss. I always help with distance healing and never see anyone close to the boss for vet

If you need to you can add an additional 10 points to Vet by using Enhanced bandages (only works for Vetting not Rezzing).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: good, skills