Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

noob question

- - - - - noob question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_wolfnbone_*

Guest_wolfnbone_*
  • Guests
sorry, its been 5 years since ive played but i have 2 questions.

1. how do you abandon a pet? lol see how much i remember! lol

&

2. is there a way i can go back to the original 2d look? i really dislike the new look, it ruins the feel of uo for me.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

sorry, its been 5 years since ive played but i have 2 questions.

1. how do you abandon a pet? lol see how much i remember! lol

&

2. is there a way i can go back to the original 2d look? i really dislike the new look, it ruins the feel of uo for me.

I had typed an answer to your first question,.....Then I realized that Your second question makes me think that you are using the Kingdom Reborn client.

No idea how to do it in KR (as we call it).

The original, 2d "legacy" client is still available for download, someone else will have to tell you how though. But yeah it's still there for download, or from a disk.

Also, you can play KR and make it look more like the older client by activating "legacy art."

Good luck, welcome back.

-Galen's player

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I actually commonly see boxes of "Samurai Empire" expansion still in stores...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
You can get the Legacy client here

http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml

Also try this mod site out for KR. I highly recommend the BB_enhanced mod for the KR client. It improves the cosmetic look of the UI, and also address some issues with the UI the dev have not.

http://modders-excha...l.net/packaging

There's also a BB_ mod on the same site that adds a more classic cosmetic look as well as addressing those issues with the UI. As somebody mentioned before, also try turn on the Legacy art mode in the KR client options.

KR still suffers from a memory leak, so don't worry it's not your system if get the odd crash. The Dev team have been revamping the KR client during the past year and will release it along side the latest expansion due out this year, it will be renamed the SA client after the up and coming expansion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
To answer your question about the pet: In KR to open up the interaction menu of pets (or NPCs) you do a shift+right click instead of a left click. This should give you the option to release your pet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noob, question