Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Problems with my new house.....

- - - - - house problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi everyone,

Well I decided to sign up again to UO! I was on these board a couple of weeks back asking about my friend who lost his main char - he has been working hard on a new char at the mo and has got his skills up into the 90s already for the most part so that’s good for him

Y question is re: housing. I managed to place myself a nice log cabin last night and decided to buy some chests for storage. My problem was when I came to lock the item down, I spoke 'I wish to lock this down', the cursor then changed and I selected the chest - so far so good I thought - but I was still able to pick up and move around the chest. Also when I clicked on my house sign and looked under the storage tab, it said I still have the max available lockdowns. I tried the 'I wish to secure this' option too but same problem. So I tried to make house private/public to see if that would make a difference - same problem

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong and how I can overcome this problem?

Many thanks!

EDIT:
I also tried to lock the chest down in several different positions cause I thought maybe it was a dodgy tile or something, but this did not work
either

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Are you using UOKR? or the 2D client?
I had the same problem with KR not being able to lock certain items down.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I play in the 2d client, however I do have KR installed on my PC

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Welcome to UOForums btw
Hmm that's...odd
How many lockdowns do you have left?
I can't remember whether a secured chest automatically takes up 125 lockdowns or not.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
thx :)

i think it said 625 still available out of a possible 625

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
I can't think of any container type that has a lockdown problem, and I'm assuming you are using the standard craftable chests, so this is a bit puzzling.... 625 sounds WAY too low a lockdown total for a log cabin though! Do you mean the small house, rather than the two-storey log cabin?

Edit : Checked, and it's the wrong total for that type as well - http://www.uoherald....ide/house_9.php

Which shard are you on, I'd be fascinated to look at this house you have since it seems not to match anything I thought you can build... unless it's a customisable 9x7 plot, that seems to have a 625 lockdown limit (for the basic plot - that may vary too, with all the options you can buy for UO!)

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi

I'm on Europa - I think I probably misquoted the number of lockdowns (my misatake!), but the point was that they were all still available eg. xyz lockdowns available out of a possible xyz

Its just a bog standard 2-story log cabin and the chests are the large size ones that I bought from a player vendor

Thanks

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
This is from Stratics:
From the Players Corner FAQ ... is this possibly the symptom and cause? Why can't I lock down or secure items in my house when friends and co-owners can? It just started to occur. Got a pet ... like a horse or something? Try locking it down. If you get a message related to honoring then you've apparently honored something (perhaps even in your house!). Locate a "quick" kill (cow, sheep, bull), honor it and kill it. You should now be able to lock/secure items once more.

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi

Thanks for that info - I'm at work at the mo but I'll sure give that a go tonight and let you know if it works........

EDIT:
I don't remember seeing the message about honour, but maybe I missed it as I was trying to lock the item down over and over in several diferent positions.
If not, might try and log in as a different char and give it a go - could take me a while tho, all my other chars are noobs and my house is in middle of nowhere - lots of walking!

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
did ya try to lock/secure a different container to see if it is just that one container?

An empty container only takes one lock/secure down ... if it has items in it then it counts the items as lockdowns ... curious situation ya have ...

also perhaps try a deed type item to see if you can do that .... (some do take lock down space like a vanity)

Hope it all works out for ya .. never heard of such a thing ...

lemm123

lemm123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Finally got this sorted - it was the problem with the honour virtue.

Went out and honoured a random animal (grizzly bear in my case), killed it and when I went back to house………..voila! I can lock/secure again!

Thanks for your help everyone

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Wow, talk about a Bug That Needs To Be Fixed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: house, problems