Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Any suggestions who to contact at EA for a condemned house issue?

- - - - - condemned contact ea house issue suggestions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
I have more than one account, but have not been playing for a while - thinking about starting again, so logged in on my 'main' and took a tour of my houses. All were still in good condition except one, which was in the very first stage of decay. That house is behind Yew abbey, on land that was legal for building, but changed in the tweaking with the town boundaries that went on with the current stage of the events, and was tagged 'illegally placed' as a result.

Went to the Gamecodes site, paid for gametime on that account, logged in a few minutes later - and discover that the house status changed to 'condemned'!

Now I don't mind losing a house to decay if I stop playing, but it looks like I'm losing this one to a boundary change that happened while I wasn't about, which is rather annoying to say the least....

Past experience talking to GMs about this sort of thing is not good... any suggestions where I raise the issue?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Sometimes when you re-up an account, it can take up to a day for the house to come out of decay.

Quick solution would be to trade to some person/char and then trade back, altho I'm not sure about the boundary changing thing. Aside from the people who illegally placed there 4 months ago, I've not heard of anyone else having issues.

You could try calling Customer Support, but I'm not sure how good they are at resolving in-game stuff over account/payment stuff.

Either way, don't put this off, lol

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Since it hasn't gone 'into decay' I reckon the condemned status will stay through the transfer - which means it could fall any time.

And I'm not putting anything off - (although annoyingly, if I had not reopenedthe account by paying for game time, I'd have longer to empty the place since it was only in the first stage of decay!), I'm trying to empty the place now....

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
it should refresh during regular server maintenance... and as noted you could transfer it to another account or a trusted friend then have it transfered back .. but again if it is in the first stages of idoc and you reopen account it should refresh at regular maintenance even if an improperly placed situation has occured ...

Here is reference by them about this very situation .... My account is reactivated, yet my house is still condemned?!

Answer

This article is here to hopefully field your concerns regarding this process. Firstly we will briefly review how this system works, then cover some commonly asked questions.

The intention of condemning the houses of inactive accounts is to free up the house spots for active players. To clarify, when we say "inactive account" this refers to accounts that are no longer paying. This does not refer to any level of login activity. When an account suspends payment it becomes inactive and a 90 day timer begins. Reactivating the account before the 90 days is up will result in no affect on the houses owned by that account. At 90 days of inactivity all the houses on the account become condemned and begin a 5 day decay timer. Now one of two things can occur during this 5-day decay period:

• You reactivate the account and can save one of your houses. How this works is that if you own more than one house on the inactive account, when you reactivate only the most recently gained home will be saved. All others remain condemned regardless. At no point can you go back to owning multiple homes on the account once you reach this decay stage.
  • Your account remains closed and the house decays. Your home disappears and all it's contents fall to the ground and are free to the public.
Common Questions
How do I actually uncondemn the house?

Your house will uncondemn itself within 24 hours of your account reactivation. Should it not do so then please open the house sign and select the Ownership tab. On there you will see a button for Make Primary. Selecting this will make this your primary home and stop the decay. Should this button be grayed out you will want to see the next question, "My house won't uncondemn?!" The house status is always listed on the Information page of the house sign.

My house won't uncondemn?!

To find out why lets go down the short list of possibilities. Firstly, is this the only house on the account and/or the most recently gained? If yes then has it been more than 24 hours since you reactivated the account? We generally say 24 as it can take up to 24 hours for all the various involved databases to synchronize. This includes the transaction for your account payment, the account database and the housing database. As long as the house still has 48 more hours before it decays then go ahead and wait 24 hours. Should your house still not uncondemn after 24 hours of account activity then please page a game master. Do this by selecting Help on your paperdoll, then the Other option and Other once more. In your page text be absolutely certain to mention that, "I have reactivated my account more than 24 hours ago and my house will not uncondemn and it is now beyond the slightly worn status!" The exclamation mark is optional of course, but the point is to clearly relay the fact that you have in fact followed the process correctly and now require an intervention. As this is a time sensitive issue please be as clear as possible.

How do I know which house is the most recent?

As you read above, only the house you most recently gained on the account can be made primary. Really the only way to determine which is the most recent is your own memory or you may find some useful info by checking the house signs information tab.

What if I want to save an older house? How do I do that?

In this situation you are going to need another player or account. Basically you are going to have to trade away the condemned home and once your account is empty of all houses have it traded back to you. Please be crystal clear on how the housing rules work before attempting this otherwise you could end up losing the house or condemning a friends house or who knows what.

I reactivated my account and then it got canceled (for one of many reasons). Will the house still decay?

Did the house become primary? If you were active long enough to set the house to primary for a good 24 hours then when the account closes it will start from scratch with the 90 day timer and then the 5 day decay timer. Otherwise, yes it will decay still. The only way to know for certain is to only have active accounts with houses.

I can't seem to reactivate my account and the clock is ticking!

If you are having troubles getting an account reactivated, please use the E-mail Us' link to contact our account support department. Please be certain to fill in your email address and all the requested information. They will reply to you as soon as possible.

Also see here for Housing States

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Thanks, Queen Mum - I knew most of that, and I think it might be OK, but since the house is also 'improperly placed' since the guardzone tweaks, I've emptied the place anyway since I have a suspicion it's not going to be quite as straightforward as it should be.... but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Would be a pain to lose it, since the location (right at the back of Yew Abbey) is rather nice, and it cost quite a bit to buy it a couple of years back... but it's a survivable loss, I guess.

Edit : Good news (for me anyway!), a few minutes ago the house went from condemned to 'automatically refreshed', so now all I have to do is move everything back in and refurnish! And then remember how to play, and catch up on what's changed while I wasn't looking...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: condemned, contact, ea, house, issue, suggestions