Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Twisted Weald Champ Spawn - Chessy

- - - - - champ chessy spawn twisted weald

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Ha HA! A fellow KR user!

Nice pic...what did the group get as a replica? (if anything...)

EDIT: Incidentally, I notice there are Feral Treefellows on that final spawn level...what sort of nastiness do they bring to the fight? And what sort of special attacks do the bears (Da bears!) have?

~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I was going to take offense at the mention that the UOGuide picture wasn't a good one, then I realized that Bob (aka Hagrid on Cats) cropped the picture way too much and I was cut out of it. In the original picture, I was just west of Twaulo with my beetle and bake. That was a fun day indeed! It was when we figured out how to advance the spawn past the satyrs. It was pretty funny actually, we all said together, "If we lose this candle one more time, we're leaving!" Then the spawn advanced.

Bah!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Beetle and Bake? That's an...interesting...combo to bring to a fight. No mare?

~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The bake kitsune is a much better pet to have in the weald, as the ability to run away is rather insignificant there. And my Aewin (the bake) is MUCH better in a fight than my mare. I could have gotten away with just the rune beetle, but the extra offensive power was more than welcome.

In our second run (perfecting the art), I started with a dragon and eventually had to run out for my beetle for the poisons/armor corrupts which makes killing so much faster.

Oddly enough, in 3 spawns, nobody reported a replica or deco drop. We were very dissapointed in that stroke of bad luck.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
That is bad luck. :(

I figured the poison/armor ignore would be key, but I would have thought the Greater Dragon Damage potential would be enough to tip the balance. Cus have such low fire resist...you can usually roast them pretty good with the firebreath.

~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
We try to avoid killing the cu when we can. You can easily get by just killing satyr, and there's no karma loss for them. But thanks to satyr's provoking, killing the cu is sometimes unavoidable. With that in mind:

Killing the paragon cu, the fast way:
1. Discord the cu
2. Set dragon on the cu
3. Set rune beetle on the cu with help from a mare or bake kitsune.

With two people, it takes a little longer than a minute, and you have to heal your dragon a lot.
Killing the paragon cu, the easy way:
1. Discord
2. set a cu on the cu. The good thing about this is that a cu doesn't do a lot of damage to another cu, as their resists counter their attacks. The bad is the same.
3. set other things on it.

It takes a lot longer, but you'll almost never lose a pet.

What to do when a paragon cu is provoked on your rune beetle or bake kitsune (or your archer/swordsman friends):
1. Let your pet die or hope your friend successfully runs away. Discretion is definitley the better part of valor here.
2. Go to the "killing a paragon cu" guide.
3. Wait until the provoked monster is dead before ressurecting.
Provoked monsters will retarget you or your pets even after death. It's amusing in a tragic sort of way to discover that fact as your friend keeps getting killed by the same paragon.

Why a second dragon isn't as effective as a rune beetle:
Armor corrupt makes everyone's attacks harder, while a cu who just got hit by a 120 point fire breath still has over 800 hit points.

Did I mention to bring a bard? Can't stress that enough for this spawn.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Don't paragon Cu's have more like 4500-5000 hitpoints? In any event, I think your 'target the satyrs' method is better than my 'die to karma loss' method!

;)

One of these days, I'm going to build up one of my placeholder cross shard characters and come join you on Catskills. There seems to be a lot of friendly UOForums folks on that shard.

~M

InfiniteDreams

InfiniteDreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorry Farsight but that Pic of Twaulo on UOGuide you can't see barely anything...but yea if you weren't cut out of the picture it would definately be a keeper.

Magister I took that screenshot on Harmony. That's her standing right by Twaulo.=)

There was a ton of people in the Weald that night progressing the spawn but I have seen two people do it with 2 Greaters on one of the Asian Shards.

The ones to watch out for are those Raging Grizzlies. A Paragon Raging Grizzle will wreak absolute Havoc so watch your step. Time to test of that Bear Slayer Talisman...

I've been doing alot of farming in the Labryinth against Merakatus but now that I found out there is a Dreadhorn Statute dropped by Twaulo I'm fired up to do some Twisted Weald Champion Spawns. When you get back and your up for it we can get together and test what method works best.

Hope all is well and look forward to seeing you in game soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: champ, chessy, spawn, twisted, weald