Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Twisted Weald Champ Spawn - Chessy

- - - - - champ chessy spawn twisted weald

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
This is probably the hardest champ spawn to complete. Would like to set up a time when we can get the most bards together to try and complete this champ. We have tried it in the past to no avail. Sometime Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon? Any suggestions?

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I've seen it done on europa a few times, it just takes numbers and tamers or bards.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
I don't have a tamer or a bard, but I'll come shoot arrows at baddies (er, I guess goodies in this case) if you do it one of those afternoons -- gotta work tonight and have a hot date tomorrow night.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Some recommendations and random thoughts:

1) If you're short on firepower, you can tame and release some greater dragons in the spawn area. Just be sure to watch what they target!

2) Along the same lines: If you happen to know a stealth tamer, have him/her get negative karma and stealth into the weald. All the spawn will aggro on the Greater Dragon. This is a great way to burn through the first level. Expect the dragon to die on level 2 (maybe) or level 3 (for sure).

3) Another tamer thought: Para tame the cu sidhes and sic them on the satyrs. Then, "release." The Cus will die quickly because they've been subdue nerfed.

4) Provoke is your friend. Provoking Satyrs onto satyrs is tricky, but I think they will in turn provoke Cus onto each other. This will speed you past that level.

5) Dryads are evil.

6) AOLs tend to work better than EVs against faeries. EVs get dispelled too often.

7) A single archer with a high SSI bow can wipe out the level one spawn in a few minutes without any help.

8) Multiple Rune Beetles will rip through the higher level spawn. They will also die frequently, so bring your least favorite (but still trained) bug.

9) You probably won't be able to advance the spawn without killing a significant number of paragons. Be prepared - have a bard with exceptional instruments and 120/120 music/provoke! (There are no slayers for Cus)

~M

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Is a Cu considered a wolf? There is a wolf slaying dagger, although, not really that useful. I know it works on gnaw but...

Anyway, we always get stuck at the paragon Cus. Best thing I can say as a Chesapeakian is you need to somehow keep the Cus poisoned and kill the Cus before the Satyrs, else the Satyr (paragon Satyrs especially) will end up destroying your pets by discording and provoing the cus.

I dont know. It has to be a matter of just brute numbers. Provo can work, tamers can work, but probably need maybe four of each at least lol.

Anyway id be down to help.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
A Cu is not considered a wolf. I think they might be vulnerable to "Fey Slayer" (Pixie Swatter) as would most of the critters in that Champ Spawn area.

If you could somehow gather four tamers and a couple bards, you can probably do pretty well. The key is coordination: you need to focus fire on a single Cu. Four trained greater dragons will rip through a Discorded Paragon Cu in very little time. The biggest problem is going to be karma loss, which is why you need the bards: area peace and provoke!

~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
We've done it quite a few times on Catskills. Every time we learn a new trick or three.

The little karma loss guide to the TW champ:
Level 1: kill the shadow wisps, exactly like Oaks.
Level 2: kill the centaur. Take a pack horse and collect the arrows. Give the arrows to me for the good advice. (*wide grin*)
Level 3: This is where people go terribly wrong. They seem to think that killing the cu sidhe is the way past this level. Nothing can be further from the truth. Even 6 tamers working well together will never make it past this level killing the cu's. So in order to get past this level, you HAVE to kill the satyr.

Again, once people hear this, they sometimes just go for the satyr and hope for the best. Again, they have gone terribly wrong. The satyr provoke things on you, and you or your pets die quickly. So you need to work together as a team. One person (the Greater dragon) calls the shots, and the other (archer, rune beetle, or another dragon) follows the lead. This combination gives the satyr just one chance to provoke on you, and even if they succeed, you have only one new enemy trying to kill you. It only becomes troublesome if the new enemy is a paragon, in which case, unless everyone is paying attention, it's usually better for the spawn to just let your pet die. It's certainly faster.

The ways you can go terribly right in this level are:
1. Bring a bard. A disco-tamer can kill satyr faster than a greater dragon/rune beetle combination.
2. Bring a bard. A provoker can provoke two satyr against each other, which then turns into a satyr, dryad (they're still around, unfortunately), cu sidhe free for all. It gets messy, but a single bard is worth several tamers up there.
3. Did I mention, bring a bard? Peace isn't terribly useful, but can be great on the next level.

And since the dryads are still around, your archers and swordsmen will certainly have troubles. If you have a lot of melee fighters, it may be a good thing to sacrifice the karma on killing dryads as soon as they no longer spawn for the champ.

You'll eventually have to deal with the paragons. This action will almost certainly cost you a red candle because it takes so long. So it's best to deal with them all in one row (everyone against each paragon) so you only lose the candle once. In our last TW run, we had to do it twice.

Now the interesting one... Level 4:
Most of you haven't seen raging grizzlies yet. Many of those who have, only see them in black-and-white. Paragon raging grizzly bears will destroy you, and leave just little shreds of you scattered all over the weald. The other grizzlies won't even target you.

The secret to not getting eaten is... paragon targetting. PRG's (paragon raging... ) will attack you if you try to run away, just like a real bear. So what you need to do is curl up into a ball and hope it goes away. If it doesn't, then you only need to be faster than the person next to you. Just don't move and all is well.

The bad thing is, they don't stop targetting you if you die. So when you get ressed, someone else has to kill the golden griz before you can get to your body.

When Twaulo comes up, everyone will run to him, taking a bunch of golden bears with them. As much as I hate to say it, at that point you should ignore the bears and your dead companions and simply kill Twaulo. He dies much too quickly to spend the time ressurecting people who will just get res killed anyway. I spent my last two runs trying the res-my-friends route and missed the last fight completely and only cost my friends insurance money. And since it's impossible to finish the spawn without strangers, you can't kill all the paragon grizzlies first. So when Twaulo shows up, everyone crashes on him and tries to keep each other alive.

Best of luck to you! And when in doubt...
Bring a bard!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I've never seen the Raging Grizzlies...are you saying that the paragons aggro anyone without hugely positive karma? That's what it sounds like...

Ouchy. But sage advice!

~M

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
We just finished this champ last week on Atlantic. We must have had 20+ greaters on site. Dryads can kill greaters real quick, as can para cus. The best strategy we executed was to have multiple greaters attack the same target. This is possible because the monsters are non-aggressive.

BTW, once you get to the champ, he's a piece of cake. He was almost dead before I got a chance to target him. It's getting to him that's the hard part.

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I must have been with some really good people then, had about 6 people there when we completed it.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Completed it on Europa a few weeks back or so, and there were only 3 or 4 of us. Was pretty easy actually, everyone was a tamer and one of them was also a disco bard. The bard would disco a target and everyone would sick their dragon on it, killing it in a flash. Allowed us to easily kill both satyrs and cu sidhes.

Honestly, it felt like one of the easiest spawns I've ever been involved in - once we got working together efficiently. And yes, the champ itself is a piece of cake.

Posted Image

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Completed it on Europa a few weeks back or so, and there were only 3 or 4 of us. Was pretty easy actually, everyone was a tamer and one of them was also a disco bard. The bard would disco a target and everyone would sick their dragon on it, killing it in a flash. Allowed us to easily kill both satyrs and cu sidhes.

Honestly, it felt like one of the easiest spawns I've ever been involved in - once we got working together efficiently. And yes, the champ itself is a piece of cake.

:P *wants pics of it* lol dont mind me i'm just a skeptic!

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Sorry, didn't take any pics - I pretty much never do.

I don't see what the big deal is, it wasn't that hard, the only thing you absolutely need is the bard. I'll admit without the dischording the spawn would be hellish.

Wasn't worth it anyway, as usual, no special drop for me :'(

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
If you have a cooperative group, 4 tamers and 2 bards should be able to do just fine. I thought I said that somewhere, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Four Greater Dragons will rip through just about any paragon that has been discorded.

~M

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
OK Chessy! Whens a good time for us to try this? Suggestions?

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Any time after 7pm est to start. I'd push my bedtime back, lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
im in on chessy. post a date on the chessy forum. im glorious lord 10x over from farming the thrasher so i have karma to burn. :)

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
7pm est Wednesday evening. How's that sound all!

InfiniteDreams

InfiniteDreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I was going to Email JC this picture if he wants to use it on UOGuide. JC feel free to crop this image for great site. The one that's on their right now for Twaolo isn't do great:

Posted Image

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
those bears look sweet :)

aw man Wednesday at 7...I have to cover a Wizards game :( lol I'll let SHE know about it though :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: champ, chessy, spawn, twisted, weald