Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old Haven & New Content

- - - - - content haven

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
A while back I read someone wanting underwater content for UO. While researching a Horn of Retreat for value, I read in UOGuide that much of Old Haven island sank.

What a great 'jumping off' point to underwater realms... a midway point being the sunken portions of the island, and deeper waters being accessed from there...

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Was there any underwater content in the original Ultima series?

I think there might be significant hurdles to overcome in terms of animation, but probably no harder than making a player race of gargoyles...

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
To my knowledge, no underwater content ever existed. But neither did Tokuno, officially. I'm not married to the idea - just thought it'd be neat*.

*well, provided there are no Gungans.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

*well, provided there are no Gungans.

Whassa you no like? =)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I would personally like to see more on sea content before we start looking into the depths.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Indeed! Pirates before all else!

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Pirates? No way! Ninjas beat pirates with their Real Ultimate Power!

On a completely different note: Looky Ani! Meesa All Sparkly Glowy! Yaahaa! Haa Haa Whoooo!*

*Possibly obscure reference

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Jar Jar would rather been seen and not heard....wait strike that..... should never have been filmed in the first place. Anyone see the South Parks Episode concerning the new Indy Flick. I felt the the same as all those cartoons hehehe.
Add to the Joy of Life rather than others Misery!!

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
If you're going to open up Star Wars, I'll open up X-Com.

I want the Horn of Retreat to open up X-Com: Terror from the Deep ;P

Even though Apoc was my fav.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Original X-Com! I still play that every now and then.

~M

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Boy has this thread gone astray.... but nonetheless, all X-COM lover check out this link: http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
oo that looks pretty sweet...

oh man, X-Com, I bought the original back on my birthday one year from one of those bins of games and I just picked it out at random and fell in love with the franchise, those were the days... it's one of those awesome games like Total Annihilation was for RTS, and now Supreme Commander... but they never brought back an official revision of X-Com post Apoc :( ... I loved Apoc......... but open source will save us all...

roflmao...anyway!!!

underwater, pirates, RIDEABLE SEAHORSES!!!!!! all of that...for UO, YES :)

can you imagine how hard pirate AI would be though lol... makes me think of Ski Free, and the monster that runs after you... that's what the AI pirate ships would be like, lol they'd be this slightly larger water elemental trying to track you down...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: content, haven