Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Auto-looting / Re-equipping blessed items.

- - - - - autolooting blessed items reequipping

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Most people are familiar with dying in UO!

When retrieving your corpse, all insured items will re-equip ... and all blessed items will stay in your pack and will need to be manually re-equipped.

I am interested in the actual reasoning of why you can't auto-re-equip a blessed item.

Does anyone have a document from a UO or a dev of why blessed items behave this way?

Or if you are a Dev can you please respond and explain this?

Lyconis

Lyconis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
It also happens with newbied items. I would assume its how the items stay on your corpse. The code for newbied and blessed items is much older than insured items and auto corpse looting. Best to be safe than bugged.

If you have UOassist you can set up a dress macro that will grab each piece from your bag so you don't have to. Really helps when trying to find that missing pair of blessed sandals!

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
You can also set up a handy re-dress macro in KR.

It is annoying, but I'd rather see them take their time and fix it correctly than lose my blessed items to a bug/exploit.

~M

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
I am an avid user of UO Assist thanks!

I am more intereted in the reasoning behind not allowing this to happen.

So far I have two votes for ...

Its to make sure you don't lose the items in death.

Does anyone know that definitively ... or is that speculation on both of your parts?

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
elffyb,

i'm afraid i dont have the answer to your question. I just downloaded uo assist and am lost as to how to set up the macros.

do you have macros for the flwg?

1) auto dress

2) mousewheel macro for last target and heal self

3) macro to donate to library

4) spell combo macros using last target above

any help would be most humbly appreciated.

thanks.

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
onthefifty,

Have you paid for and activated your UOA account? If not I dont think you will have access to a lot of its macro features. If you have activated already then I think the best place to start about learning the program would be from reading their help page as it walks you through the program tab by tab. You can find that info By Clicking HERE
Posted Image

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Here is an interesting test to try - insure a blessed item and see if it re-equips when you autoloot.(I would but I'm at work)

Not trying to thread-hijack, but since we're quasi on the topic, insurance is expensive for new players and a pittance for experienced players. I think they should scale it based on your total number of skill points or item property intensities.

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
You can't insure a blessed item -- however, you can bless an insured item, like a crimmy, and it will auto-equip. It'll have both tags until you remove the insurance

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
This was actually answered at a Town Hall meeting. The developers explained that insured items actually fall on your corpse when you die. They are then moved to your backpack. I assume that your corpse keeps a list of all items equipped and when you open your corpse they are re-equipped.

So blessed/newbiefied items always go right to your backpack. Your corpse has no information you were wearing them.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autolooting, blessed, items, reequipping