Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Pathetic customer service

- - - - - customer pathetic service

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

JOESAN21

JOESAN21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well I never thought I would see the day when a GM just refused to help. A guildmate got hacked--we saw that guy stealing and stripping down the account--the owner of the account was there--watching his account get stripped of everything--and the GMs did NOTHING!!

Four of us called reporting that we saw what was going on---we reported the character--we asked, as per the EA website that the GM lock the account for the owner--the owner even asked this TWICE and pleaded for help--and NOTHING WAS DONE. They honestly told us to shove off.

And while we sat therr and watched--a hacker totally looted the account in front of us. Bull%*$@!!

Now I dont expect the GM to honor every request, and I know their hands are tied. But according to the EA help site under Hacked Accounts--it clearly states the GM can lock the account until account management takes care of the problem. They did nothing. So now a good friend and a guy who has played since 99 gets totally looted--not to mention what they are going to try to put on his CC#. All this could have been avoided if the GMs would have answered ONE OF SIX requests for help--and locked the account--or even come by and seen what was going on -- instead they told us to quit bothering them.

Unfortunately--they did nothing. And now EA is losing several players. The part that really puts me off is that I am paying for this service, and I cant even get help--even when we quote to them what the Help Site says. I think I am done this this game--its not worth the money I pay to get treated like this

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Surely after playing for so long, you realise customer service is not high on the list of EA's priorities?

Salivern Diago

Salivern Diago

Ultima Auctions Broker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
I dont think EA has ever heard of Customer Service.

Its just another example of a crap company doing what it does best...

I just hope that EA goes into recivership with this 'credit crunch' and let all its subsideries go. Then atlest Mythic can get it all done decently.

EA.. HA!

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
when you get hacked they will do nothing for you. they will tell you to go to your local police department. worst customer service i have ever seen.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
GM's in game, have never been able to help with this. Your friend should have gotten right on the phone with EA and informed them what was going on. I know in the past there have been reports that accounts were temp locked until it was settled.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
If I went to a store or restaurant that had the same quality service that UO does, I would pitch a complete b**** fit in the place until everyone knew how crappy it was. Unfortunately, UO just doesn't seem to care that they have the rep for some of the worst customer service in history.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I know in the past there have been reports that accounts were temp locked until it was settled.

Aye, I had a friends account temporarily blocked by paging a GM, explained he was being hacked, gave them the account username and they blocked it for 72 hours.

JOESAN21

JOESAN21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Adam I wish that would have happened with our situation. Now come to find out- the guy didnt just pilfer one account--he did several; all while we were trying to get the GMs to do SOMETHING!!

The hacked account had access to another persons tower storage--so the hacker went to the tower--and stole all their arites, and we are talking about 500 million worth.

Well I hope EA is happy--they just lost about 8-10 accounts as we all quit. If we had logged in this morning, and it was already done that is one thing--but we WATCHED THE GUY DO IT!!!

All the GMs on last night should be fired--EA they just cost you over 120 a month is subscriptions, plus about 10 new account for SA

covert

covert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Such a shame. Can't say I didn't expect anything more, though.

Any time I have talked to a GM through the message system in the recent years has been like talking to a robot. When you do get one to actually port to you and talk with you they usually just tell you that you're out of luck and they can't do anything. What CAN GMs do?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Sorry to hear your friend lost his stuff. Perhaps some of community can help him get some of his stuff back or get him going.

One thing most people don't fully understand is that GM's can't just lock an account because someone says so without following the proper channels. This includes first establishing identity.

Imagine at a champ spawn or an IDOC at a castle, someone calls a GM, says their friend has been hacked and that the guy standing just over there is the perpetrator. The GM can't just lock that person down. If they didn't, less scrupulous people would be making those kinds of calls left and right whenever it suited them to remove the competition.

It's like what if I called your bank, claiming to be your neighbor and said you lost your wallet so the bank should cancel all your ATM and credit cards and freeze your account?

Simply put, identity must be established as a safeguard. Calling Customer Support and supplying credentials like your name, address, etc. is the only way to guarantee that.

I hope your friend changes his mind and won't quit UO. Was having a bunch of stuff his favorite part of UO or getting to spend time with his friends?

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I guess I've just been lucky I guess. About 75% of the time (knocks on wood) the GM that comes to help is really cool and I've rarely gotten the horrid "canned response".

Derium

Derium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
did your friend actually call EA? cause when my girlfriends account was stolen (it was while we were playing) with in a matter of ten minutes the account was locked. All she lost was her vet rewards.

also, if they were looting things from multiple accounts/houses... it HAS to be someone you all know. it might not have been a hack, as so much as logging on, changing the password then looting. but either way, I'm sorry to hear that =( UO is having a hard enough time not dying as it is!

Markus Balthazar

Markus Balthazar

Nerves of steel!!!!

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
He needs to call his CC company and make sure that his card gets blocked as well just in case those who hacked his account try anything. Might be worth getting a new card as well to be on the safe side. I am really sorry this happened to your friend, it is truly terrible.
Posted Image

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
One thing I have found helpful with online transactions is to go into my PayPal account and generate a one time credit card number. It even has an option to set the amount that can be charged on it. Once it's used, the number is invalidated so even if hackers get it the number will be useless.

Derium

Derium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

One thing I have found helpful with online transactions is to go into my PayPal account and generate a one time credit card number. It even has an option to set the amount that can be charged on it. Once it's used, the number is invalidated so even if hackers get it the number will be useless.

wait, how do you do that? I didn't know you could haha

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
PayPal calls it "Secure Card" and it's used in conjunction with their web brower plug-in. I usually don't mess with toolbars(sorry Nok!) but this feature is way too useful not to.

Login to PayPal and search their website for more info.

There is an overview of the PayPal toolbar here:
https://www.paypal.c...xternal-outside

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I have the Paypal plugin... is there a way to adjust the date it expires?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If you mean the credit card number it gives you, I don't know but I seriously doubt it. I bet you could just cancel that card and generate a new one in hopes of a different/later day but likely end up with the same.

Of course, you could always call PayPal customer support if you really wanted to know.

Escaflowne/Balgus

Escaflowne/Balgus

Ironclaw Commander of Minoc [:M:]

• Members
  • 5,561 posts
When my account was hacked a few years back, my brother noticed that i was running about in game moving lots of stuff from my bank etc but i wasnt downstairs on my computer. So my brother and a few other guildmades hunted the hacker down on my char and kept rez killing my char. Then they all PM'd the GM and he blocked my account about 3-5 minutes after they posted the requeset. I lost alot of stuff but they managed to save a fair bit and my chars so i am grateful. Im sorry to hear about your friends loss.

J06K4AG.png

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I noticed in WOW in order to delete a char you not only had to click "delete" but you also had to write the word "DELETE" in order for the deletion to work. Atleast I think this was WOW...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customer, pathetic, service