Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Buying Scroll Of Transcendence

- - - - - buying scroll transcendence

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Rez Killed

Rez Killed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Buying your Scroll Of Transcendence for poisoning.

Rez Killed

Rez Killed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Edited.

Red Wolf

Red Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Buying Scroll of Transedence for Lockpicking on Pacific server. (oops...didnt know this thread was on Atlantic server, just saw Buying SoT message) :reye

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Ah! An opportunity to do some price comparisons (and to prove to Adam that I'm not just posting for post counts!)

SoTs are still very much influx. Not only are they the new 'hot item,' but no one knows yet how easy/hard they will be to obtain or how common the best skill scrolls will be in the long term. Both of these factors are probably contributing to the massively inflated (IMO) current prices.

Poisoning is a great test case. Its a difficult and expensive skill to raise, so we can conclude that the SoT will be sought after. Poisoning itself is somewhat out of fashion since its so underpowered, so that might have a depressive effect on prices.

Atlantic:
Four scrolls available:
0.5 @ 3M (600k per 0.1)
0.9 @ 2M (222k per 0.1)
0.8 @ 1.6M (200k per 0.1)
0.6 @ 800K (133k per 0.1)
Average price per 0.1 = 264k

I think that I will stick to my long term prediction: For highly-desired, difficult to raise skills, expect to pay 100k in the near future. This may drop to 50k in the longer term. The best part about SoTs is, unlike powerscrolls, there is no premium for 1.0 scrolls compared to 0.1s. You can eat 10 of the latter and still achieve the same effect.

My prediction is just my opinion, but for the record I was right about Spring Cleaning per-point prices when everyone else said I was crazy low.

I think all of the prices on Atlantic are too high. There are a large number of scrolls on other shards, but I don't have the time to do a shard-by-shard breakdown.

~M

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Lockpicking prices:

1.0 @ 450K (45K per 0.1)
0.8 @ 1.5M (187k per 0.1)
0.3 @ 2.25M (750K per 0.1)
0.4 @ 3.0M (750k per 0.1)
Average price = 288K per 0.1

My first thought is: BUY that 1.0 scroll fast.

Lockpicking is a somewhat desirable, difficult to raise skill. Since it can be macroed easily in the Twisted Weald, its price should be more toward the lower end of the 50-100K range.

~M

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
On Chesapeake, scroll of transcendence prices are 100k/0.1 steady, from what I've seen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Caffeine

Caffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I've been pricing mine at 50-75k a 0.1, except for the very difficult/expense skills like poisoning and smith I have at 100k a point. Most are at 50k with some lower, especially skills you gain passively. Things like carpentry I have at 75k. I am sure they will go down some but so far the drop rate seems pretty low.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
As to drop rate: I think the drop rate is the same as 105s, correct? In which case, you can (sometimes) get around 5 per champ spawn. It seems to go in spurts for me and I'll get zero one day then seven or eight the next time just in level one and two.

Given that rate, plus the huge number of skills out there, I think 100K is probably sustainable for the long term.

Also, given my luck with the RNG, I will have 100 points of Camping before I get 0.1 of taming.

~M

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Lockpicking prices:

1.0 @ 450K (45K per 0.1)
0.8 @ 1.5M (187k per 0.1)
0.3 @ 2.25M (750K per 0.1)
0.4 @ 3.0M (750k per 0.1)
Average price = 288K per 0.1

My first thought is: BUY that 1.0 scroll fast.

Lockpicking is a somewhat desirable, difficult to raise skill. Since it can be macroed easily in the Twisted Weald, its price should be more toward the lower end of the 50-100K range.

~M

I guess there was a glut of these at the spawns over the weekend, or someoone new is selling them & isn't checking what others are charging. I picked up a 1.0, .8 and .6 in Carto last night for under a mil. Didn't exactly need them, but for that price, it was worth not having to chase that damn satyr around for an additional 3+ hours

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
You got 2.4 points for less than a million gold? Or you bought each of the three scrolls for less than 1M each?

Hopefully, the former.

I wholeheartedly agree. That darn satyr always seems to despawn just when I hit a gain streak. Or someone whacks him.

~M

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
im wondering how long til people start selling bags of 'instant 50-gm+' scrolls
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Well, if they don't create a method to combine all the 0.1s, then that will probably not be common.

I'd love to do that, though. It would really be more practical to sell bags of +20, since its so easy to get to 80 in most skills. +40 for 120 PS eaters.

~M

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
All three, under a mil ....

Want a laugh ..... just did it again... SoT for .9 Cart

7mil inside Luna Wall .... same one @ 450k, less than 1 screen outside Luna wall. Needless to say ... 1 bought the latter.

There are deals around if u look.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
That cartography one is fantastic. You don't want to know how many Level 5s I had to decode to get to GM, back before satyrs.

*shudder*

I think that Luna pricing is probably going to throw off my price estimates for this particular item. Luna tends to be the easiest place to shop and, with a new item, vendors make you pay through the nose for that privilege.

UPDATE: Fascinating! I'm seeing Carto SoTs for 5k to 10k per 0.1 on other shards! I wonder if that's because satyrs make it so easy to train that skill now...?

~M

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Yeah ...this is my second time round for Carto ..... first time took like 14 months to GM.

Definately quicker this time around. I didn't mind the work to 95, but these SoT's definately helped make the 95-GM work a lot less tedious.

From a productivity standpoint, spending 1.5 mil for 3.3 Carto points at the 95+ skill level range seemed like a no-brainer. Thats a big hit to the bank for returning player, but I can definately recoup that in less time that it would have taken to get those 3.3..... even at the Satyr. (I was averaging .2 total gains per 30 min from 90-95 kill level). The time killer was getting 1000 blank scrolls by farming NPC shops, going to Heartwood to get free backpacks, dropping them into backpacks in groups of 100, then matching up pens to get 100 charges+ per bag ...so that I didn't have to waste time cleaning out my main backpack once I went through all 100 scrolls (just drop the 100-count bag on the ground, grab a new bag from packy & start over).

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
That is crazy prises. I sell mine for 100k per .1 kill points.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying, scroll, transcendence