Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Daily 'rares'

- - - - - daily rares

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I have been trying to find some items that are daily spawn or stealables, with no luck. It is possible that they have been fixed. UO Rares lists these, but have not been updated...

Closed Lid Barrels - no clue where these are
Horseshoes - never seen one in a blacksmith chest?
Paints and Brushes - I've been to a few art shops but their chests are always empty...?

And hints would be appreciated!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'm a bit rusty on the barrel, so while I'm 100% positive about the first location, the spot on level two is a little foggy.

Here you go:

(Deceit, both facets)

~M

Attached Thumbnails

• First Barrel.JPG
  • Second Barrel.JPG

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
been a while since I've collected any, but I believe you have to kill an NPC artist for the paints and brushes, and loot it from the body.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
The horseshoes might not be spawning anymore if the container they spawn in is full of keyrings. Keyrings can't be stolen and they have a chance of spawning in place of some stealable daily rares.

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Thanks Magister, Belanos.

The Closed Lid Barrels were either already taken or they no longer spawn. WIll try again a few more times.
Paints: Kill an NPC? That means going to Felucca. I'm not to sure about that... My thief has no snooping skills either. Might have to work it up just to try.
Horseshoes: Guess I will have to keep trying.

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
you can kill an NPC in tram, long as you're not in a guard zone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

you can kill an NPC in tram, long as you're not in a guard zone

But how to get an artist out of the guard zone (a relatively long way). I will try Fel at some point, but right now I can't defend myself very well against mid-level mobs, never mind skilled players. =)

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
I always did the ones just west of Moonglow. They're outside the gz already, I think
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

I always did the ones just west of Moonglow. They're outside the gz already, I think

:o Dare I lose my Glorious status on my nice guy?

Yeah, I think so. Muhahahahaaaa....

I will try later and report back.

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Heres a list from what I have umm stolen...
Cove healer has backwords bandages.
Horse shoes, EW facing ingots, forged iron, wire (4 types) Serpants Hold Smith Shop.
Round and square tinker tools are in the tinker shop in Serps as well, there is 1 chest and it does still spawn key rings that cant be stolen, try your luck later.
Food like bacon, dates, cheese wedge, coconuts etc spawn in provisioner shop crates, barrels, strong boxes etc. in most towns.
Ive stolen arrow shafts and chisles before but I forget where from, most likely Serps, might also spawn in Papua tinker shop.
Paints w/ a brush and pen and ink (no uses) I get in Occlo in Fel from the strong box at Paints n More on the N side of town.
Some cooks/bakers have a strong box with a rolling pin with no uses.
Then there be the fruit baskets which I have never got, most of the locations are well published along with the rocks, tall candles, meat pie, full jars and now the dirty and full dinner plates.
As I said above the invaded cities some of the crates etc dont spawn items right now. I say some as I have found barrels with items like clothes etc people generally dont steal. So Im not sure if its just certian items or if these have just gone untouched. I have checked Moonglow in both Fel and Tram a few times and found nothing, Im sure the demand for dried items isnt high enough to risk dying in Glow when its invaded, but as I found today, there is still nothing on both facets, Tram having a full blown invasion for days now. Hope this helps and good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

most of the locations are well published along with the rocks, tall candles...

the tall candles are my absolute favorite spawning rare. I buy them whenever I see them and steal them whenever I happen to think about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
You can try the woods just north of the customs buildings and whatnot at the coast of south Vesper. Artists sometimes wander out of the guard zone there. Paints and brush used to spawn Vesper academy of arts, but it seems like they're gone. Horseshoes used be found in the south blacksmith building in Serpent's Hold, if I remember correctly. Sometimes at the north Britain blacksmiths too?

I think the crate system might be somewhat defunct nowadays.

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
The fruit baskets spawns on a table in a little house, way up in the woods, western Yew. A good hint: While it's hard to get the Tram fruit basket, the Fel one is usually left alone. (For a while) Same thing goes for the rocks in Buc's.

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
I just went to cats moonglow on one of my backup accounts and killed an artist to get a paints and brush on the corpse. It is outside the gz and the artist spawn is heavy and constant. Perfect spot for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
HAH! I knew it!

Belanos is back!

~M

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
am not! I just happen to have an account that hasn't deactivated yet.

and okay I'll admit it.. I reactivated my main acct but only for use in RP. ((couldn't keep away ))
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Welcome back!

I find I always come back to this game...probably because its so much cheaper than my old MTG:O habit.

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Heh, the whole reason I became a thief was to complete a deco set of easels, paints & brush and a few paintings. If I had known then that I could just whack a Moonglow moonbat artist I might never have embarked on this journey.

I've now picked up a lot of cool stuff.

I sweated my way into covetous using stealth. Liches, which my fighter fears above all other normal spawn, never even saw me. Walked right by a group of three of 'em. Had I failed in stealthing, -instadeath- would have taken me. I already lost my awesome shadow dancer leggings thanks to the invasion* (grumble), so this was really fun. Got my tall candles! Also picked up barrels and so on. Yay!

*recalled into Skara Brae right next to a revenant & general. SOmething was stolen from my corpse. ARGGGHHHH! GAAAAAH! Anything but those.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
And that's why I do all my banking in New Haven. I used to do it in Skara, but invasions make it rough sometimes.

And to keep it on topic, have you looked at the new page in the stratics forums?

http://vboards.strat...ad.php?t=117789

Lots of good stuff to pick up.

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

And that's why I do all my banking in New Haven. I used to do it in Skara, but invasions make it rough sometimes.

And to keep it on topic, have you looked at the new page in the stratics forums?

http://vboards.strat...ad.php?t=117789

Lots of good stuff to pick up.

Yeah, but I was going there to steal stuff. Stupid karma... hehehe

Thanks for the link!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daily, rares