Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Imbue Fodder

- - - - - fodder imbue

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Stukov

Stukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Is anyone collecting imbue fodder to have a large supply when SA hits in ? (crap with high intensities to ´´disenchant`` and gain skill``),and maybe other stuff that would be useless on most characters but could become good when unraveled? I am myself,but even the decent fodder piles up so fast...

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I don't even understand how the imbue system will work completely so I don't know what to collect.

I'm a sucker for self repair/lrc gear though.

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I have collected a few peices here and there but I dont have a stock pile yet
Posted Image

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I have so much stuff as it is that I only collect high end peices now. The embuing skill will absolutely clean out my house. The only thing left to keep multiple items of would be slayers and even those, if they can be, will be used within that group.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I hope Imbuing is a bit more than macro away unraveling things and half the shard GM's it a week.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
I am collecting all the red and black armor the generals drop, and also all the high intensity weapons they drop.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Our ships are stuffed and we're adding to the fleet. :D

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Is anyone collecting imbue fodder to have a large supply when SA hits in ? (crap with high intensities to ´´disenchant`` and gain skill``),and maybe other stuff that would be useless on most characters but could become good when unraveled? I am myself,but even the decent fodder piles up so fast...

at first i was...now, only jewelry.

imbuing will not be better for smiths, imo. smiths can make 6-mod weps, imbue only 5. for tailors, you lose the arms lore bonus if you imbue, depending on how much you want to risk if you imbue a plain leather from scratch.

imbue will be radical for jewelry and archery, but especially jewelry, and I've saved lots of rings with FCR 3 and the like for future let downs.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

I am collecting all the red and black armor the generals drop, and also all the high intensity weapons they drop.

id be careful there because you cant enhance those items i dont think and if you cant enhance them that means they are already made with special materials which means they can't be imbued.

but i could be wrong, who knows.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Nope, haven't bothered. It's not 100% clear yet how the imbuing system will end up working, and loot... well let's just say there's not exactly a shortage of that in UO. In addition to all the crap I already have in my house, any quick half hour romp in a dungeon or champ spawn or whatever will yield plenty of junk to unravel.

Also if history repeats itself again, the Abyss will dish out way better loot than any other location for the first 6 months to a year.

Posted Image

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I just read that you wont be able to imbue self repair on anything and if self repair is present on an item to be imbued it will be removed.

Looks like I won't be bothering with this system at all :P

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I have an entire keep's worth of post-AOS loot. Naturally, I cleaned out a significant percentage of it a couple months ago (darn my perpetual bad timing) but I will still have oodles of items to unravel.

The best part is: You can unravel even the junkiest loot. You might not get anything from it, but what were you going to do with it anyway? Smelt it for iron? More likely, it was going to decay on the corpse...

Just think: now there won't be any reason to leave any Peerless boss loot on the corpse! Good embuing fodder!

~M

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I keep the things the generals drop

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

I just read that you wont be able to imbue self repair on anything and if self repair is present on an item to be imbued it will be removed.

Looks like I won't be bothering with this system at all :P

I don't get it...Sarcasm, maybe? Why would you worry about self-repair?

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
It seems to me this is a good thing - more decay means weapons will be in need of replacing, never mind repairing. Good for the economy, I think.

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I don't get it...Sarcasm, maybe? Why would you worry about self-repair?

~M

Because I like self repair. I never have to replace or repair any of my armor. It never wears out so I never have to look for new pieces or buy powder of fortification.

I don't min/max my suits :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fodder, imbue