Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Royal Decree: Casca is King!

- - - - - casca decree king royal

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Uhmm....vote for a king? I believe there is a requirement of noble bloodline. Kingdoms are normally inherited or taken. Just my 2 cents. I do believe Casca has bloodline claim though, so it will be interesting to see if he will be allowed to rule.

Lord Casca of Heartwood wouldn't have needed such noble parentage to be elected monarch by the Royal Britannian Council. Atleast, that is based on prior precedent.

Lord Cantabrigan British, called the Champion of the White Light amongst Akalabethans (Ultima 0), posessed neither noble bloodline or birthright. He could not trace his lineage back to King Wolfgang or the Akalabethan Kings of Old; instead being a visitor accidentally displaced from earth (like the Avatar). Mondain, being the second son of King Wolfgang, had much more claim to the throne than British (You know, that could be an interesting claim if someone were willing to roleplay that). British became king by proving his worth (initially thwarting Mondains plans; but only banishing him from the realm of Akalabeth to return in Ultima 1). In a sense, Lord British is much like what some historians belive to be the historical King Arthur; a warlord who unites the Bretonnian Tribes and repells the invaders (Saxons).

In addition, I am not sure that royal lineage would've been necessary; even if there had been precedent of hereditary Kings (as there was in Akalabeth). The elves of Ultima Online are presented as an exceptionally powerful race of mystical beings; almost greater than the average human, much more like the elves of Tolkien than the elves of Greenwood and Gygax.

Posted Image

Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir

Reporter/Librarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Whatever happened to Dawn?

They made her Regent after British left for the Void, but nothing has been heard of her since November 24th, 2003... Way to keep up with continuity... >:(

I'd rather see her resurface than have the slimeball Casca sit on the throne. Do I smell a civil war brewing?

DOWN WITH CASCA!

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Vesper ain't got no king!

Long live the republic!

Down with the loyalists!

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Really? Casca strikes me as the perfect man for Vesper. He's ambitious, self made, an Elf (to piss off the Yewish), a man of law, he isn't ruled by religion or a smug sense of morality, and he is for all intents and purposes, Blackthorn with a name change. If only he could run for Baron. =)

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

They made her Regent after British left for the Void, but nothing has been heard of her since November 24th, 2003... Way to keep up with continuity... >:(

I'd rather see her resurface than have the slimeball Casca sit on the throne. Do I smell a civil war brewing?

I've personally been wondering the same thing for many years now. While I had never heard anything about her being named the Regent; I've always felt that her rise was startlingly similar to the rise of Lord British. It seems as though following Lord Blackthornes Revenge, they just compltely dropped the storyline. Wheres Dupre? Adranath? Dasha? Kabur? *Chuckles*

I heard once that, when asked, one of the developers mentioned that Dawn was married following the Exodus War (to whom? Dupre? Clanin?); and retired quietly to Yew.

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Really? Casca strikes me as the perfect man for Vesper. He's ambitious, self made, an Elf (to piss off the Yewish), a man of law, he isn't ruled by religion or a smug sense of morality, and he is for all intents and purposes, Blackthorn with a name change. If only he could run for Baron. =)

1. king
2. man of law
3. loyalist.

1. we aint got no king!
2. we gots our own laws!
3. We aint loyalist we don't go for that sort o thing.

besides it wont last it is obvious he is behind it all the assasination of the council his sole surviving and convenient kidnaping etc etc and then oh look he's king how lucky for him.

oh no my fellow britanninans not luck.... just planning. very devious planning. his only redeamable virtue... smarts

Chain me fer me words i donae care! I says it in town n where ever goes down with this so called king MURDERER! I says MURDERER!

Posted Image

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

besides it wont last it is obvious he is behind it all the assasination of the council his sole surviving and convenient kidnaping etc etc and then oh look he's king how lucky for him.

So not only is he an ideal candidate for Baron, but he's also responsible for the murder of the Council, something Vesper could only dream of.

oh no my fellow britanninans not luck.... just planning. very devious planning. his only redeamable virtue... smarts

So he's smart and deviant? Again.. perfec'. :P

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I've personally been wondering the same thing for many years now. While I had never heard anything about her being named the Regent; I've always felt that her rise was startlingly similar to the rise of Lord British. It seems as though following Lord Blackthornes Revenge, they just compltely dropped the storyline. Wheres Dupre? Adranath? Dasha? Kabur? *Chuckles*

Simply a question of them taking on new teams with their own ideas, I suspect. Though I would like to see that story arc get, at the very least, some form of closure.

I heard once that, when asked, one of the developers mentioned that Dawn was married following the Exodus War (to whom? Dupre? Clanin?); and retired quietly to Yew.

I thought Calinin was dead. :o

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
The last time I checked, his body was still laying there at the Healers in Haven. He might be dead (he is certainly pale enough); but I think they would've buried the corpse by now.

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

I'm actually creating all the companions as UO characters for our roleplaying events. I plan to run some events around them being declared outlaws. The Shadowlord guild will seek to hunt them down while the more virtuous guilds may aid them. I'm in the process of training Maxwell, the axeman from Ultima 5. Dawn is on my list as well, but I haven't gotten around to her just yet.

Draconi

Draconi

UO Live Lead Designer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

DOWN WITH CASCA!

Yes you do

Tim "Draconi" Cotten

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
agan not ideal for vesper why DO you keep saying that?

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Lord Casca appeared today claiming Blackthorn's castle as his home. And announcing all Governments and Townships are to disband immeditaly. No long will Cities be run by local government but by him. As He is also appionting a New head to the Royal Guard.

oh hells no!

Posted Image

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

agan not ideal for vesper why DO you keep saying that?

Because it's a fun idea. ;)

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Lord Casca appeared today claiming Blackthorn's castle as his home. And announcing all Governments and Townships are to disband immeditaly. No long will Cities be run by local government but by him. As He is also appionting a New head to the Royal Guard.

On Baja, he didn't mention anything about the Royal Guard; but he did demand the dissolution of all independant Statehoods and Kingdoms.

I don't remember the exact words, but it went something like: "All independant kingdoms that have risen up in the absense of Lord British must dissolve immidiately, and swear fealty to the Crown. Let it DAWN on you that rebels and discontents shall be punished severely."

Dawn, being one of the last major player-run kingdoms of Baja. The event moderators on our shard know of Dawns long independance from the Kingdom of Britannia; so this could make for an interesting and unique storyline. *Grins*

Posted Image

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

One never knows... Garriott Talks Games After Space. ;)

Hmm, I wonder what this means:

BIZ: If Electronic Arts wanted you to return and author a single-player Ultima for the consoles, would you do that?

Garriott: Conceptually? Sure. The property Ultima is still very near and dear to my heart. I think that if, by hook or by crook, I had access to that property, either in solo-player or multiplayer, I would absolutely love to continue to play in the Ultima universe.

(emphasis mine)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
So we're playing Ultima 5...

Blackthorn is Casca... or Casca is Blackthorn.

My guess... factions will have a persistent effect on each shard.

Civil War...
EMs using their new abilities to RP our main plot characters...
Devs that have a goal and know where we're heading but keep us guessing...

UO is dead hum?
Guess not...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Dawn is on my list as well, but I haven't gotten around to her just yet.

Oddly, I can hear picture the same quote, with slightly different emphasis, running through Casca's mind as well... he seems to have 'weeded out' most of the other possible challengers to his new title, after all.

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

oh hells no!

*Waves his Covian flag madly!*

Down with the Tyrant!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: casca, decree, king, royal