Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Royal Decree: Casca is King!

- - - - - casca decree king royal

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Posted by Draconi:

Fiction: Royal Decree
Draconi
12 Jan 2009 18:59:49 EST

Citizens of Britannia!

Know that the Royal Council, in unanimous and glorious unity, has elected from amongst their noble selves a new man of the people, and for the people. Know that the Royal Ambassador Casca has been raised up to lead the people of Britannia in her times of peril and peace, as King pro-tempore, with all rights, statuses, and honors thereof.
Know that Lord Casca, ruler of the Kingdom of Britannia, shall lead his people with humility and grace, always striving for the greater good, always seeking to honor the Virtues our most just and magnanimous founder, our once and future king.

Know that this decision comes at a time of great uncertainty and trouble for the Kingdom, and that even our Lord Casca has been touched by these events. He hath survived the evil designs of evil men, who sought only to rain chaos down upon fair Britannia. Even as his noble brethren fell to fates most ignominious, he hath been preserved through his own power and prowess, an exemplar for the common man!

All hail Lord Casca, All hail our King!

Source: UOHerald - http://www.uoherald.....php?newsid=495

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Death to the Pretender!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Back on the chain gang! *sings*

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
My goodness. An elf as king!

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

My goodness. An elf as king!

"I feel a disturbance in the force." ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
That's it, I have to leave the True Britannians as I serve Lord British and him alone!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Well. That certainly is a wrinkle.

~M

Postcount +2,060

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
is he on the throne? did anyone check?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I stopped by Castle Britannia last night but everything was as "normal".

Also, nothing afoot at the Brit Counselor's Hall, altho I did have a bittersweet conversation with Belanos as he was departing our realm :(

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Long live Lord British, Ruler of Britannia!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
The true king of Britannia will sort it out!

[ATTACH]9086[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• Lord British.jpg

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

That's it, I have to leave the True Britannians as I serve Lord British and him alone!

Nah....TB Faction is Felucca, Casca's King of Trammel and the "colonies" of Malas (vague as to exactly what "colonies" referred to though).

Even if you feel that that the TB Faction answers ultimately to the LB or the Royal Council or (now) Casca, then you can always just be in the Faction and be rebellious.

-Galen's player

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I'm just going to sit on my little island until this blows over...=)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
As this plays out it would be cool if they let us vote for the next king. That is of course if the prior one is truly kaput.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Uhmm....vote for a king? I believe there is a requirement of noble bloodline. Kingdoms are normally inherited or taken. Just my 2 cents. I do believe Casca has bloodline claim though, so it will be interesting to see if he will be allowed to rule.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

As this plays out it would be cool if they let us vote for the next king. That is of course if the prior one is truly kaput.

One never knows... Garriott Talks Games After Space. ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Uhmm....vote for a king? I believe there is a requirement of noble bloodline. Kingdoms are normally inherited or taken. Just my 2 cents. I do believe Casca has bloodline claim though, so it will be interesting to see if he will be allowed to rule.

Well, "a king/ emperor to be elected" and "requirement of a noble bloodline" is not a contradiction in itself.
For example, the emperors in the holy roman empire were "elected". See also Holy Roman Emperor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
"Election" back then differs of course from the term we know it, living in democratic ruled states.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus

Nexus

Shard: Chesapeake/Siege

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Even in Nations that followed bloodlines if there was no Heir one would either be appointed or the next highest ranking noble would take the throne.

Posted Image

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Or they'd just fight for it, but a lot of times the higher-end nobles would parlay it out and bargain rather than waste precious troops and funds in a war within their own country.

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
"Vote" might not have been the best choice of words, still giving the player base an option to choose the next ruler, king, emperior, would alow for a player defined knigdom. Each option gives a certian perk and choosing one would give you that perk. Like a +2 permanent poisen resist to all your characters for A, B gives a +2 fire resist. It doesn't matter who wins as each option you vote for will give you that particular perk. This is a one time option and who we choose, like it or not, has heirs that will continue to rule.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: casca, decree, king, royal