Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Just Started the game

- - - - - game started

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
My first real book was the Hobbit and I was bummed today and decided to buy a game and well .... Hope to see some of you in game.

Well, its two hours later and still applying patches this is not my idea of fun:(

DarksieD

DarksieD

The old guy from Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
I let my run overnight your right not much fun patching..but the game is awesome once you get it going..if you decide to play on Brandywine or Silverlode game mail Darksied and i'll help you out with some starter weapons and armor :)
Posted Image

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
I agree, patching isn't great, but have patience. The game is well worth the wait. :)

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Had this day off so waited until 0130 last night and patch was completed. Rescued the Hobbits, killed the wolves and spies, got the kingsfoil for the Hobbit. Joined Silverlode. Thanks for the offer. I think I have chosen a Captain class human. I really wanted to be like Aragorn but wasn't sure what that class would be. There was no Half Elf/Human option.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Well, for an Aragorn like character pre Two Towers, I'd go with a hunter. For Post Two Towers, I'd go with Champion or Captain. My Champion's name is Brynoch, so look him up anytime. When you need heavy armor, after 20 I believe, my dwarven smith, Bjornar, will help armor you for the battles to come.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

I agree, patching isn't great, but have patience. The game is well worth the wait. :)

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
How are the "Guilds" in the game? How are the people? My problem right now is the chat system. I guess I was spoiled by UO because it was so easy to use. Yeah very limited, but you type in words and press enter. New games offer alot but gee I know I was speaking but who knows who saw it.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Will look for you on Silverlode. Let us know what type of crafting your doing so we can send you some care packs!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Cool I am killing at the moment and haven't had the time to figure out the crafting options. It looks pretty deep and it appears you chose a primary and that automatically assigns two secondary support crafts which confused me. So back to killing. I have a million questions but can you try one, and if it doesn't work to my liking, do I get the option to choose another? I've been selling some pretty cool, but average stuff and would love to be able to use em. There is no end to wolf hides. I waited before signing up for LotR. It was reading those books that propelled me into RPGs' and ultima way back when.

When are you on? If you wish please PM me with character name, Mine is the sig I have for this board. If you need someone who can scream alot I am your captian hehehe

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I'm Cuwe on Silverlode.

Your sig isn't showing.

Here is a thread with Char names and servers played by UOF members.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
My name as of today is Mortae Swiftedge. Hope to find you in game.

DarksieD

DarksieD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Had this day off so waited until 0130 last night and patch was completed. Rescued the Hobbits, killed the wolves and spies, got the kingsfoil for the Hobbit. Joined Silverlode. Thanks for the offer. I think I have chosen a Captain class human. I really wanted to be like Aragorn but wasn't sure what that class would be. There was no Half Elf/Human option.

let us know what your characters names are and stuff..lots of good people on Silverlode :)
Posted Image

DarksieD

DarksieD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

My name as of today is Mortae Swiftedge. Hope to find you in game.

oh you did..hehe..should read to end of thread :P
Posted Image

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Just want to say thanks again for your gifts.(it may be alittle over the top, but having mostly experienced the opposite I hope to not overlook kindness.)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Are you guys on Silverlode on the US side, or EU?

Patching is horrid - and FAR worse if you haven't installed Mines of Moria. Installing the expansion applies all patches up to it's release, and since there hasn't been a book release yet, most of what you download are bug fixes or small changes.

DarksieD

DarksieD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
We are on US server Silverlode
Posted Image

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I am online just about every evening somewhere between 6pm and 11pm EST. My characters are Lyoneth, Enryth, Amonadir and Fumanchu. Send me a tell if you have any questions or need a hand with something.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
After playing UO solid for 7/8 years I too found the 'system' in LOTR awkward at first.

However it does become second nature after a while.

Chatting in game to those around you in general is

/say

To chat just to your kin [guild ] mates is /kin
To send a message to Advice,Trade, Fellowship windows, again preceed with the forward slash.

Each different area ,town etc you enter will automatically access you to them.

To send a private message or 'tell' you can right click the persons name in the chat box and get a menu of ways to speak to them .

Hope that helps you a little better and stick with the game,it is awesome.

As much as I miss what I had in UO I absolutely love this game,and dont regret embarking on it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, started