Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Notice about "new" rares....

- - - - - notice rares

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

We've received multiple reports that new, supposedly "rare" items are appearing across the servers. These are not sanctioned items from the recent content patches or events, and in some cases even take on the appearance of server-birth rares.

If you find these suspicious items for sale, or see them being offered, please use the in-game reporting tool to page a GM.

Please enjoy your post holiday vendor shopping, but beware of deals that are too good to be true.

For those not familar, there are a lot of old three legged stools, dirty plates, skull mugs, etc., that have been appearing on vendors for 10-15m in large quantities.

Details on the info can be found here: http://boards.strati...ad.php?t=119804

Draconi made a comment on it as well in the thread.

Okay, Joann is unavailable right now - can I get everyone who has information on this to email Mesanna? (barmstrong@ea.com)

I don't have word on where this is coming from, and it seems highly suspicious, so please act with caution.

Followed by when someone said they just got a canned response, didn't see a GM or anything

They can't provide details or followup to the pager, and yes, GMs know where you are when you page and are invisible. Like... Ghosts. Like Ghost Moderators.

So, don't be taken by the cheap server birth rares!

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
death to dupers

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Burn their houses down!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
It's been bug-o-rama lately :-/

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

It's been bug-o-rama lately :-/

Is this a bug or some hacker trying to make money off the game?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
One usually precedes the other.

Is this a bug or some hacker trying to make money off the game?

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Wondered what that was all about on the login screen page... welp it is now on ... UO Herald

*wonder why it took so long to get the 'notice up' on the 'official website' .... shakes head

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
The Web Admin might have started using the phrase "I cannot help thee with that"

*wonders how many client's I'd loose if I'd reply to some of the inane requests with that*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notice, rares